PES 2019

Replays

I would be angry but I’ve been expecting a mess like that since it was announced. Ended up buying Fifa this year as I need a bit of change from playing PES 2020 for the third year running. As a die hard PES fan for the past few years, it did sting a bit but eFootball simply won’t do. To think they didn’t release a full game last year to work on THAT is a disgrace.

RIP PES.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

UFL?

That's exactly the one I meant. I haven't read a great deal about either of them but from what I did see they both sounded pretty serious but I think UFL had secured a few big licenses and is expected a lot sooner than Goal.

Unfortunately the money EA make from FUT means they will continue to spend what they need to put other football games in the ground, if UFL looks good and has some big licences, EA will simply buy every licence going next time around knowing full well all the youngsters will continue to buy it and dump shed loads of cash into FUT

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Unfortunately the money EA make from FUT means they will continue to spend what they need to put other football games in the ground, if UFL looks good and has some big licences, EA will simply buy every licence going next time around knowing full well all the youngsters will continue to buy it and dump shed loads of cash into FUT

UFL has an exclusive deal with FIFPro, which gives them rights to more player likenesses than FIFA, and also makes it incredibly difficult for EA to prevent.

They don't have club licences announced beyond West Ham, but they've seemingly got a decent online following so mods etc., wont be far away once its released.

Using the same engine as PES...

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

UFL has an exclusive deal with FIFPro, which gives them rights to more player likenesses than FIFA, and also makes it incredibly difficult for EA to prevent.

They don't have club licences announced beyond West Ham, but they've seemingly got a decent online following so mods etc., wont be far away once its released.

The problem will be making enough money to fend off an EA assault though, FUT takes in a billion a year for EA, they wont like even a slice of that being taken off them

On 02/10/2021 at 00:02, Scott-Replay said:

I would be angry but I’ve been expecting a mess like that since it was announced. Ended up buying Fifa this year as I need a bit of change from playing PES 2020 for the third year running. As a die hard PES fan for the past few years, it did sting a bit but eFootball simply won’t do. To think they didn’t release a full game last year to work on THAT is a disgrace.

RIP PES.

Is FIFA any good? I had FIFA 21 because my nephew's liked it and I thought it was genuinely awful, but like you, I'm not sure I've got another year of PES 20 left in me.

I played 4 games of this Efootball shite before I deleted it. 4 games more than it deserved.

I know eFootball is genuinely awful but I was very impressed at how fluid and enjoyable they made PES 2021, even in comparison to PES 2020. Although this has all been interspersed with some truly awful Data Packs in those 2 years aswell. 

All of this to say, it can only get better. I've loved Pro Evo from the beginning before they started to lose me around PES 2009, and then lured me back in the PS4 era. Hope it doesn't take another half decade before I actually want to play it again.

Last FIFA I had was 2011. The only Pro Ev (even I know it's not "pes") I've ever played is 2014. Downloaded the new one and don't see what all the fuss is about. The menu UI is hideous and if I knew what all the buttons did it'd be better, but it's not the banter fest I was expecting.

The amount of content in it is hilarious of course, but I've played worse.

On 02/10/2021 at 22:51, RandomGuy. said:

On 07/10/2021 at 15:16, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm glad that another developer is having a go at a football game, but the mention of in game items sounds like it will be just another F2P Ultimate Team money grab type thing.

Tbf its the only way anyone can afford the licences and the game development, advertising, shipping etc, thats why i never once bothered about lootboxes as long as it didn't give an actual competitive edge that couldnt be earned with enough game time, you could play fifa for a year and probabnot assemble your favourite squad without spending, thats wrong 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...