PES 2019

Replays

Interested to see how Konami would roll out a season update. A lot of the community on PC will likely have that done free of any charge.
Turns out it's not going to be DLC for PES2020 but a separate standalone game which will be released at a reduced price.
Reckon they'll still be charging £20+ for the new version for which will just be updated squads etc.

I'm undecided if this is just a cynical cash grab for some updated kits and transfers or if they are doing the decent thing for once and being honest about it not being a new game. It'll be worth the £25 quid just to see Hearts suffer a cyber relegation.

EA have no shame when it comes to charging full price for their "Legacy Edition" FIFA games on the Switch.

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2020 at 04:56, sergie's no1 fan said:

This is a bit of a con to be honest.

Scottish squads are still the same as last season and won't be updated till some point in October. The only thing that has changed is the kits.

Bit of a pain in the arse if you want to start a Master League.

Con is a bit much tbf, it should have been quite obvious what it would be.

PES always launches with outdated squads, which are then updated after the transfer window. It's how they can consistently beat FIFA to launch.

The 2021 edition only exists so that people who play MyClub can buy multiple versions to start off with an already above average team.

People shouldn't have bought this edition and just used an option file instead. We moan about companies ripping us off and focusing on loot boxes / pay to win mechanics, but when we buy things like this we can't really moan.

Con is a bit much tbf, it should have been quite obvious what it would be.
PES always launches with outdated squads, which are then updated after the transfer window. It's how they can consistently beat FIFA to launch.
The 2021 edition only exists so that people who play MyClub can buy multiple versions to start off with an already above average team.
People shouldn't have bought this edition and just used an option file instead. We moan about companies ripping us off and focusing on loot boxes / pay to win mechanics, but when we buy things like this we can't really moan.
Con is a bit much, agreed. I appreciate why they try to beat Fifa to the punch every year too.

Pretty pointless buying this game until the first patch is out, is my point as it is meant to be the same game.

I knew it wouldn't be the finished article but if they weren't going to change the game play at all surely they had the time to update squads to a certain date? Especially in a licensed league that kicked off weeks ago.

Still playing Master League anyway. Having the new kits and no Jambos in the game is worth paying the £25 for anyway [emoji39].

I know the guy who does the Scottish database for Konami, I helped out with a couple of bits and pieces for it as well.

The way Konami released the game is slightly odd, but the day one patch should update the kits and live update should take care of the squads. The issue I found (and mentioned it to the lad I know who works for them) is that the kits are really poor and inaccurate compared to other leagues.

If there are any PC players out there, we will be updating the SPFL mod to add the other SPFL teams to the game in the next few weeks.

I know the guy who does the Scottish database for Konami, I helped out with a couple of bits and pieces for it as well.

The way Konami released the game is slightly odd, but the day one patch should update the kits and live update should take care of the squads. The issue I found (and mentioned it to the lad I know who works for them) is that the kits are really poor and inaccurate compared to other leagues.

If there are any PC players out there, we will be updating the SPFL mod to add the other SPFL teams to the game in the next few weeks.
Any chance of getting The Championship on PS4 to replace one of the shite leagues?

• 2 months later...
On 23/09/2020 at 10:42, super_carson said:
On 21/09/2020 at 23:14, Tri-TON said:
Any chance of getting The Championship on PS4 to replace one of the shite leagues?

Sadly the patch was only created on PC. Consoles are rubbish for modding. Someone may convert our patch into an Option File for the PS4 but until then its PC only I'm afraid.

Hi mate where would I find Scottish option files for PES 2021 thanks. Is there one that also does stadiums seen good vids on youtube for some of the grounds. 

3 hours ago, grazza said:

Hi mate where would I find Scottish option files for PES 2021 thanks. Is there one that also does stadiums seen good vids on youtube for some of the grounds. 

Hey pal,

These are PC patches, so they don't use OF but rather I've edited the system files.  Same goes for stadiums, PC only.  

On 29/11/2020 at 11:52, grazza said:

aye I've got PC version will need to play about with it. The added Scottish stadiums look really good is there somewhere I can get them. 

Check out Evo-Web - it's best place for all mods and there's loads of information about how to mod the PC game.  There are stadiums for for all Prem teams aside from Ross County (that's being worked on just now though) as well as Ayr, Hearts and Dundee.  

• 4 weeks later...

@super_carson, any progress/updates on the 2021 patch?

Can't seem to find anything other than the Scottish classic team option file for 2021. I wish I had found this before I bought 2021 on sale, I'd have just bought 2020 if I knew there was an  expanded Scottish pyramid available.

Edited by kyle*