PES 2019

Replays

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You used to get the option files free but if they have started charging for them fair enough, must take someone a looong time.

I'll just edit most team names. The kits are a pain in the arse.

PES Uni is still free, you just need to wait 24-48 hours after release.

In the time it would take you to rename the English teams you could have a full OF installed. So easy as well...

21 hours ago, Leonard Cohen said:

ASDA wasn't stocking this, which was disappointing. Probably doesn't sell enough for them.

Aye, reviews for it aren't great at the moment either which isnt helping sales, I imagine.

Complaints are defenders just standing still leaving balls for attackers to run onto, dreadful commentary, too many replays, menus still be too many in number, and still annoyingly dated. While, disappointingly Master League is apparently still unappealing and the "interactive press conferences" become repetitive and boring after the first few times, but cant be skipped.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, reviews for it aren't great at the moment either which isnt helping sales, I imagine.

Complaints are defenders just standing still leaving balls for attackers to run onto, dreadful commentary, too many replays, menus still be too many in number, and still annoyingly dated. While, disappointingly Master League is apparently still unappealing and the "interactive press conferences" become repetitive and boring after the first few times, but cant be skipped.

The commentary has always been dreadful, it's part of the PES charm. 

I got it yesterday and played for a couple of hours last night and enjoyed it. Despite the flaws, the gameplay generally feels more "real" to me than FIFA does.

I started my master league with a win and then proceeded to draw four games in a row. 😂

Part of me is regretting buying this at the moment. Become a Legend mode is sooo boring since the AI just get the ball to the defender and launch it up the field to the attacker who rarely ever wins it. If you enjoy playing BAL in midfield just start a match, put the controller down and find something else to do because this game seems to love the long ball...

Should change the name to eHoofball PES 2020

24 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Part of me is regretting buying this at the moment.

Yup, being savaged by critics and users. Konami already put a patch out. 

I'm holding off buying this, or FIFA, until later in the year. PES usually improves with patches while FIFA gets worse.

On 18/09/2019 at 20:42, Dave1875 said:

Part of me is regretting buying this at the moment

Likewise. They've taken what was, for the most part, a really good game last year, and turned it into a clunky, unresponsive piece of shite.

It's horrendous to play. Feels like a chore every game.

Feels also like the misshit pass thing has been tweaked not to a pass not going in the right direction, but instead directly to the feet of an opponent. Which is pish.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Anyone fancy swapping Pes20 for FIFA20? 

A deep irony that it's not PES who wins the battle, but FIFAs obsession with Ultimate Team that loses them it.

Once again I'll wait a couple of months and pick the game up for buttons after it's been properly patched.

The days of me buying PES on release day are long gone.  It's always a complete mess on day one and there are no decent option files available for a wee while either.

I won the lottery at our work, 60 bish, and bought FIFA with it with ten to spare. Bit the bullet tonight and bought Pro Evo after being disappointed with EA Sport's offering.

The gameplay is far superior but the game modes and menus seem to be horrendous. The tutorials take an age. 

Imagine a fully working FIFA career mode with Pro Evo's gameplay.

Once again I'll wait a couple of months and pick the game up for buttons after it's been properly patched.
The days of me buying PES on release day are long gone.  It's always a complete mess on day one and there are no decent option files available for a wee while either.
I won the lottery at our work, 60 bish, and bought FIFA with it with ten to spare. Bit the bullet tonight and bought Pro Evo after being disappointed with EA Sport's offering.
The gameplay is far superior but the game modes and menus seem to be horrendous. The tutorials take an age. 
Imagine a fully working FIFA career mode with Pro Evo's gameplay.
Exactly. The game is absolutely fine.

Master League is pretty solid until you get your team to gel. Took me over a season to get my team cohesion above 80 and then you do some damage.

Same with Become a Legend. It was a game of hoof ball until the team gels and the manager trusts you and you start banging in the goals and the team plays good stuff.

The menus and added in manager stuff if guff, no need for it at all. Just looking to spice it up to entice a few extra folk to buy it.