PES 2019

Replays

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Have absolutely fallen to shit, had my first warning from the Mrs last night to "calm down" as I produced an utter heads gone as some French lad played his ninth through ball of the game which my defence couldn't deal with. 

I played on the Xbox last year, so starting to wonder if the competition on PS4 is perhaps more difficult. 

Was about to bin my whole team and start again before realising it was absolutely fucking pointless. 

Can't wait to get home from work and go again. 

I play on Xbox and went from losing 5 in a row to winning 9 games straight back to losing 5 in a row - it is totally seethe inducing but I can’t stop playing it :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Pretty sure it’s random - I’ve still not had a 5 star scout from 200 odd online/offline games.

Yeah I thought that, and when you get them are the players always at the lowest level? 

5 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

I play on Xbox and went from losing 5 in a row to winning 9 games straight back to losing 5 in a row - it is totally seethe inducing but I can’t stop playing it :lol:

I am currently on a 6 game winning run and top of my weekly points group.  Add me bbz xx :wub:

5 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Is there anyway you can upgrade your scout as such? Or is it purely luck of what you are given? 

They hand out a few 5 star scouts over the course of the year (or did last year at least) but these are pretty generic and force you to buy more cards if you want to get a player from them.  For example they wouldn't ever give you a club/country 5 star card but will give you *****LWF which gives you like a 2% chance of getting a 5 star player.

For 5* scouts you won't get them after a game. You need an auction for them.

If you want a specific player, find out which 3 scouts guarantee you that player.

I got Marcelo at LB for a grand total of just under 200,000 GP which i think was pretty good. No chance id get him by opening 8 agent packs.

Being Level 1 is a pain, but play the featured tournament each week which gives an EXP trainer every match. First 20 levels you can pretty much ping through in no time at all.

Played a boy earlier who had 22 goals from through balls in his play analysis. From spotting that I spent the full game deliberately manually tracking his runners and taking away his through ball lane to see what he might do. He still spammed them, not trying a single thing else.

He snuck a complete AIDS goal, but i buried him 4-1 in ET.

I've no issue with a through ball when its on, but why would anyone spend 90/120 minutes doing the one same thing every game. How is that enjoyable.

Played a boy earlier who had 22 goals from through balls in his play analysis. From spotting that I spent the full game deliberately manually tracking his runners and taking away his through ball lane to see what he might do. He still spammed them, not trying a single thing else.
He snuck a complete AIDS goal, but i buried him 4-1 in ET.
I've no issue with a through ball when its on, but why would anyone spend 90/120 minutes doing the one same thing every game. How is that enjoyable.
They players are so easy to play against.

Same with the idiots who stick 5 up front.

For 5* scouts you won't get them after a game. You need an auction for them.
If you want a specific player, find out which 3 scouts guarantee you that player.
I got Marcelo at LB for a grand total of just under 200,000 GP which i think was pretty good. No chance id get him by opening 8 agent packs.
Being Level 1 is a pain, but play the featured tournament each week which gives an EXP trainer every match. First 20 levels you can pretty much ping through in no time at all.

I’m half with you and half not. As I mentioned on here I spent the first few months of last year getting scouts to build up a solid gold team and then just gambled on agents to get black ball players. 200,000 for Marcelo is ok but you’d be looking at more than that for some more unique or impactful players (my prime example is Ronaldo who you would probably be looking at 200k for each of the 3 cards you need as minimum.....although I suppose this year you only need 5 star Juve and Portugal).

I’m finding a lot more luck with the agent spins this year even if you don’t count the featured players. I’ve had 4 goes this week at the 25k English league stars/PEA selection and my main guys in 3 of these spins were Modric, Mkitharian (sp?) and Delle Alli. To be honest I probably only really was chuffed with Modric but to get 2 black balls and Alli at gold from 4 spins where you could get Silver for 100,000 is very good.

I do play a lot of sim games though when I’m dealing with the baby or doing stuff around the house though so I’m continually looking for silver/bronze players to have in my club to use for these games.

My technique is:

Black ball - online games
Gold players - Offline tournaments to get agents
Silver ball/Bronze - Sims (as soon as the 10 games are up I convert to trainer)
White - convert straight to trainer

I used some of my black ball duplicates last night for trainers (Zihech, Saint Maximin, Pinola) but was quite disappointed with the EXP I got for them so won’t be doing that again. I should’ve actually checked one of them before converting the other 2, I probably wouldn’t have bothered if I saw how low the ranking was for EXP.

Another blunder I made with those 3 was that I didn’t wait to the end of their current contract before converting them so I probably cost myself 7/10/15 games or something that I could’ve used them first.

I think the game is very well balanced in terms of how you choose to play and build/use your GP. Regardless of what technique you use I think it all works out pretty much the same.

I’m not online to take a screenshot just now but my squad is immense and as I previously mentioned I think it’s too easy this year to build a great team. This is just my first 16 or so and I have got Hamsik, Fernandinho and a couple of others at black ball who can’t even make the bench:

First 11:
G - Oblak - 90/Black

RB- Odriozola - 85/Gold (he should only be an 82 I think I’ve got him to level 42)
CB - Pinola - 88/Black
CB - Pique - 86/Black (think he’s only at level 22 so will be an 88 once he’s up to 30 I suppose)
LB - Mendy - 79/Gold

3 CMFs who are:
Zihech - 96/Black (he was in the first featured players)
Pastore - 87/Black
Parolo - 88/Black

Then upfront I’ve got

SS - Hazard - 93/Black
SS - Neymar - 94/Black
CF - Mbappe - 91/Black

Bench is:
Modric - 86
Lukaku - 87
Felipe - 87 (Brazilian CB who was in featured players)
De Rossi - 83
Everthon - 88
Saint Maximin - 86
Cristante - 86
Draxler - 84 (Great because he can play almost anywhere).

About to chuck this on eBay 
20181010_193845.thumb.jpg.c347eb08836d54082a490e03b544fa6e.jpg

I’m unbeaten in 16 games this week (got 232 points) and I was the same as you about 10 days ago.

I go full defensive now for the first half of every game and try to play on the break, then in the second half depending on the score I go balanced.

A through ball spammer is hard work tbf - One slip of a button and they are through on goal.

True.

Thats why I go Juventus and go with a back 5 with 2 sitting midfielders. Frustrates the life out of folk, only need Dybla Ronaldo and a runner from midfield to score a goal.

I've just been sacked by Motherwell. 

2nd in the league, qualified for Champions league, scoring for fun in big win streaks but all that's left for them to do is thank me for my hard work and wish me all the best for the future. 

??? 

Edit: As chance would have it, I ended back at St Mirren. First game in charge of them? Motherwell! 

_20181011_122213.JPG

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

Whats the best tactic to take against the through ball attack just sit back deeper from kick off and try counter it,  at one point i'm sure i got done every time this one guy tried it.  just frustrating when you know they arent any better but pumping you cos of this tactic.  I know part of the problem is i'm not exactly brilliant either lol

3 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Whats the best tactic to take against the through ball attack just sit back deeper from kick off and try counter it,  at one point i'm sure i got done every time this one guy tried it.  just frustrating when you know they arent any better but pumping you cos of this tactic.  I know part of the problem is i'm not exactly brilliant either lol

Track the run yourself, and use Square to get a teammate to pressure the man on the ball.

16 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Track the run yourself, and use Square to get a teammate to pressure the man on the ball.

Worked well last night took my 3 star team online last night got a 5 star team with this boy who had everyone in his team probably easier to think about who he didn't have.  anyway held out for 119 mins only to lose a fecking goal from a through ball and ronaldo got it my keeper saved onto the post only to bounce off him and go in.  was raging to be fair my goal lived a charmed life through the game.  but his tactic was through ball all bloody game nothing else