Bot vs Beith

Redbrae

Talbot need to get back on top of Beith. Two seasons without a win is starting to grate. If we play to our capabilities today think we might crack it, but too close to call methinks. Hope it's a great game, worthy of two such teams.

Talbot need to get back on top of Beith. Two seasons without a win is starting to grate. If we play to our capabilities today think we might crack it, but too close to call methinks. Hope it's a great game, worthy of two such teams.

Take it you mean in league cos talbot won In ardagh and the Scottish in last 2 seasons

13 corners in the first half and nothing on target! That sums up our first half. 2nd half we were nowhere until the last 10 minutes and a nearly equalised! But you've got to take your chances as Talbot did with their freekick against the run of play, right on halftime.

1-0 was a fair result. We need to be more decisive in front of goals!!! 

Was a really scrappy game with two evenly matched teams cancelling one another out and im a bit worried about us as we are right down to the bare bones as you could see on saturday .every player on both teams gave their all on saturday but i cant agree that it was a good advert for our game as it was a horrible game, thats not meant as a slight on anyone it can happen every now and again when its just as scrappy as hell. 

Sometimes those type of games are really enjoyanle though, and I was certainly kept entertained for the full 90 minutes on Saturday. Beith, as one of their fans mentioned had the greater number of corners, but Talbot the much better chances. One lovely piece of improvisation from Jamie Glasgow in the first half, from a Graham Wilson flick on, would have been a goal of the season contender had it been a couple of inches lower. Peewee missed a good chance with a header from a corner before we scored. Corners, though don't win games, goals do, and Shankland's was a real gem worthy of winning any game.

1 hour ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Think the fact it was two very good teams giving their best against each other is evident by the lack of animosity on here between the fans. Good to see.

Yeah and its nice and clean on here nowadays and a bit of a love in , thats what happens when the talbot bings and the hertha's and people of that ilk get banned ........................

:whistle

Yeah and its nice and clean on here nowadays and a bit of a love in , thats what happens when the talbot bings and the hertha's and people of that ilk get banned ........................

:whistle

A few were toxic mostly stoked by ladeside bandits in disguise lol

Beith have got by without a number 8 for long enough because of their brilliant wide options, but not this season me thinks. They really only have two recognised centre mids and neither is a creator.

Bradley very creative and frize and Wilson different to wee joe, how many teams have brilliant wide options and creative central mid, we still have a good squad maybe a bit small but when everyone fit our first 11 is probably better than last season so not that shabby

11 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Bradley very creative and frize and Wilson different to wee joe, how many teams have brilliant wide options and creative central mid, we still have a good squad maybe a bit small but when everyone fit our first 11 is probably better than last season so not that shabby

What the guy means is an out and out number 8 midfield ball player / playmaker , frize is excellent añd is practically unique in the juniors with his style but hes not a guy that will sit and play passes for fun and jamie wilson i wouldnt swap for anyone as a midfield sitter but yes we are probably lacking a guy in the middle of the park that can play clever balls in behind defences as his main strength. Also needing a target man up front for me that will hold the ball in tight and get in about defenders , i think we are far too nice up front.

I think Beith are in the position Talbot were a couple of seasons ago with very good players coming to the late summer part of their careers.

Restructure will probably be in the thinking of the manager with a few players sidelined over the next couple of seasons making way for fresher legs .

Archived