iPhone issue

Managed to get myself into a nightmare of a situation and hoping someone can get me out of it. Lost my IPhone 7 when full of the bevvy last weekend looked everywhere and can't find it so accepted it's gone. Went into O2 today and upgraded to IPhone 8, currently trying to set it up and  trying to restore from icloud backup and when I'm entering my Apple ID and password I'm getting a message saying "a message with verification code has been sent to your other devices running i0s10/macOS sierra or later. Please enter the code continue. The only other Apple devices I have is an old iPod and an IPad. Tried login into icloud on on IPAD and getting A message saying Two factor Authentacation:  code has been sent to your iPhone. Please enter the code to continue. I obviously can't get into IPhone as one is lost and the other I'm trying to set up 

I've even tried setting up as new phone (I know I'll lose everything but at this stage im passed the point of caring) but again when I put in my Apple ID am getting the same message about a code being sent to other devices running IOS. 

What are my options here should I just set up another Apple ID? I know there is an Apple ID recovery process but I understand this can take days and I want this resolved asap. 

On 25/08/2018 at 21:46, just me 2 said:

Sorry can’t help with this.
Need help as well though, my wife has deleted Live Photo’s folder and thought for some reason the photos would still be on the all photos folder. Is there anyway we can retrieve these photos?

I don't have an iPhone, but is there not a deleted photos folder? My mum once accidentally deleted photos and I'm sure I managed to recover them for her by finding the deleted photos folder.

4 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

I don't have an iPhone, but is there not a deleted photos folder? My mum once accidentally deleted photos and I'm sure I managed to recover them for her by finding the deleted photos folder.

Yes there is a deleted photo folder. Think the default is 30 days storage then they go.

Some photos may also be on her iCloud as you get some free cloud storage.

On 24/08/2018 at 22:59, ayrunitedfw said:

Managed to get myself into a nightmare of a situation and hoping someone can get me out of it. Lost my IPhone 7 when full of the bevvy last weekend looked everywhere and can't find it so accepted it's gone. Went into O2 today and upgraded to IPhone 8, currently trying to set it up and  trying to restore from icloud backup and when I'm entering my Apple ID and password I'm getting a message saying "a message with verification code has been sent to your other devices running i0s10/macOS sierra or later. Please enter the code continue. The only other Apple devices I have is an old iPod and an IPad. Tried login into icloud on on IPAD and getting A message saying Two factor Authentacation:  code has been sent to your iPhone. Please enter the code to continue. I obviously can't get into IPhone as one is lost and the other I'm trying to set up 

I've even tried setting up as new phone (I know I'll lose everything but at this stage im passed the point of caring) but again when I put in my Apple ID am getting the same message about a code being sent to other devices running IOS. 

What are my options here should I just set up another Apple ID? I know there is an Apple ID recovery process but I understand this can take days and I want this resolved asap. 

Do you still have the same phone number? 

If so, I THINK you can get the verification code texted to a "trusted number" rather than sent to a specific device. Try clicking the "did not get a verification code" option if there is one.

• 1 month later...

Archived