Things that make you cringe

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye we’re going to need to know about this wee exchange. What’s the story here?

Honest Man sucks up to his boss on Facebook. I’ve been known to go in to work on time off to get shit done.
The bit about honest man may not be true.

Male pattern baldies who can't accept that they are now officially bald - let the wisps go fella.

Steve McLaren is prime example of this. That island is under serious threat.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

People who sign off their virtue-signalling tweets with the football team they support.

”Best wishes to Craig Levein from a Hibs fan.”

Utterly dreadful. See also:

"I'm a Rangers fan but even I think this is wrong" in response to something that is clearly bad no matter what team you support, and...

"Rivalry goes out the window in times like this". 

They're usually followed by some no-mark with a club badge as their profile picture saying "Respect" with the clapping emojis. 

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Utterly dreadful. See also:

"I'm a Rangers fan but even I think this is wrong" in response to something that is clearly bad no matter what team you support, and...

"Rivalry goes out the window in times like this". 

They're usually followed by some no-mark with a club badge as their profile picture saying "Respect" with the clapping emojis. 

Usually found in any thread where something less than ideal has happened to someome with some connection to the other arse cheek of the OF

Any facebook post involving Fernando Ricksen seems to be the worst.

54 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Aye we’re going to need to know about this wee exchange. What’s the story here?

As he says, he posted a while ago that he sometimes goes in on weekends and holidays to get work done for free, which I find incredible.

As for me posting stuff to my boss on Facebook, I don’t really use Facebook and certainly have no work colleagues on it. I spend as little time at work as possible and don’t want to befriend my workmates.

Regarding colleagues on FB, I spotted a post made by a girl I work with this morning, made at 1am, stating the time and that she had just finished sending her final email and her out of office was now officially on for her holiday.  Truly pathetic, what does she want, a medal?

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

Regarding colleagues on FB, I spotted a post made by a girl I work with this morning, made at 1am, stating the time and that she had just finished sending her final email and her out of office was now officially on for her holiday.  Truly pathetic, what does she want, a medal?

Yeah these people who spend extra time in the office (because they’re so inefficient during working hours) and send emails at 1am trying to look like hard-working martyrs are the definition of pathetic. Posting about it on FB makes it even worse. 

Life’s losers.

As he says, he posted a while ago that he sometimes goes in on weekends and holidays to get work done for free, which I find incredible.
As for me posting stuff to my boss on Facebook, I don’t really use Facebook and certainly have no work colleagues on it. I spend as little time at work as possible and don’t want to befriend my workmates.

I think so far this year I’ve been on twice on a Saturday and once on a day off. Sometimes it’s just easier to do things yourself, rather than try and talk someone through it, especially if it’s urgent, I find. Hasn’t happened a lot this year but I don’t think it’s shameful, nor do I expect a medal but I’d accept a f**k tonne of cash if they offered.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I think so far this year I’ve been on twice on a Saturday and once on a day off. Sometimes it’s just easier to do things yourself, rather than try and talk someone through it, especially if it’s urgent, I find. Hasn’t happened a lot this year but I don’t think it’s shameful, nor do I expect a medal but I’d accept a f**k tonne of cash if they offered.

If getting paid then of course it’s perfectly acceptable, that’s just overtime. But the idea of doing it for free I find crazy. If that was me, maybe once or twice I’d accept opening the laptop at home at doing some work, but if they expect me to come in and give up a day I’ve taken off then they can pay me for it.

To be honest, in a general sense without aiming at you directly, I am perfectly happy to let these people crack on and work during weekends and holidays. Doesn’t affect me as I enjoy my time off whilst they do the work :lol:

20 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

People who do work “chat” (or probably just the word “chat”) on Facebook. Especially when it involves arse-licking a boss.

“Great week at work, love working with such amazing people. Actually can’t wait for Monday”

Then the boss replies “have a good weekend”

“Oh I will, I’ll be well rested for Monday and ready to follow your amazing example”.

You cannot be serious?

If getting paid then of course it’s perfectly acceptable, that’s just overtime. But the idea of doing it for free I find crazy. If that was me, maybe once or twice I’d accept opening the laptop at home at doing some work, but if they expect me to come in and give up a day I’ve taken off then they can pay me for it.
To be honest, in a general sense without aiming at you directly, I am perfectly happy to let these people crack on and work during weekends and holidays. Doesn’t affect me as I enjoy my time off whilst they do the work :lol:

I can work from home on the laptop but it’s a pain in the arse some of the stuff I need to do on a stupid wee screen and I’m only 5 minutes away...
Saying that, there’s no chance I’m giving up the whole day. I’m talking about being in for an hour or two at most, doing what needs done and then away again.

On 24/08/2018 at 11:17, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I have a friend who can't watch stuff like Borat and Bruno cos they make him cringe. Fair enough cos it's "real people", but he can't even watch stuff like Peep Show and Alan Partridge for the same reason. 

sounds like a complete and utter NANCY boy

27 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

she should really be taking the money beforehand , just incase you do a runner.

At my age sex is tiring enough without trying to run afterwards...

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Usually found in any thread where something less than ideal has happened to someome with some connection to the other arse cheek of the OF

Any facebook post involving Fernando Ricksen seems to be the worst.

folk that stay in Bellshill but support Thorniewood are for the watching

Archived