Things that make you cringe

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

People calling famous people by their first name only, as if they're their best mate.  Conor McGregor fans are really bad for this.

'Can't wait for Conor's fight the night'.  f**k off.

I'm exactly the same with football fans calling players by nicknames - "C'mon Flash get it in the box" or "Half that c**t Tiger" or "Thought Kingy played well this afternoon", he's not your mate, he's someone who will ditch your team as soon as East Fife offer him £25 a week more than he's currently getting - you've heard other players call him that so think its acceptable to shout it. Its not, its making you look like someone who is desperate to be accepted.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, drs said:

I'm exactly the same with football fans calling players by nicknames - "C'mon Flash get it in the box" or "Half that c**t Tiger" or "Thought Kingy played well this afternoon", he's not your mate, he's someone who will ditch your team as soon as East Fife offer him £25 a week more than he's currently getting - you've heard other players call him that so think its acceptable to shout it. Its not, its making you look like someone who is desperate to be accepted.

Who was your favourite player, Pele or Zico?

53 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Who was your favourite player, Pele or Zico?

Edson Arantes do Nascimento is the better player as Arthur Antunes Coimbra wasnt in Escape to Victory.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 hours ago, ah-dee said:
the worst of all is 'cheeky'

Seconded. "I put a cheeky wee double on" , "I had one last cheeky half". f**k off!

twisty-faced freak says:

nowt wrong wi' a bit of cheekiness...

Image result for cheeky girls politician

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

So hard man scott is okay acting here? Huge if true.

Nah he's just harder to injure than most mortals. If a proper athlete like Binya didn't cause him to go off with this...

Broony-horrendous-challenge-Benfica.jpg

a wee Ayrshire ned isn't going to do much damage. 

This has just made me think of another one - English players (like Kris Commons) who call Scott Brown 'Browny'. 
giphy.gif&key=a55061191d6c458bb7e6b28d6f889396f215120cc80df629889d3fb084136da5
giphy.gif&key=a55061191d6c458bb7e6b28d6f889396f215120cc80df629889d3fb084136da5

I tend to agree but also slightly torn.

I used to work with an English guy who insisted on saying stuff like ‘aye nae bother’ and other such Scottish dialect in a thick cockney accent which made me cringe very badly.

Maybe commons is just paying courtesy to not being a ‘broony’ in an English accent w****r.

Nah he's just harder to injure than most mortals. If a proper athlete like Binya didn't cause him to go off with this...
Broony-horrendous-challenge-Benfica.jpg&key=e916bb8e543f19fd165857a2f7412e89cac7668197d777b60f1042bdfe7a7f7b

All that Lego must be good for the bones.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Broony-horrendous-challenge-Benfica.jpg

Steven Naismith (I also hate the nickname Naisy) is one of the most articulate footballers in Scotland and a good sort.

51 minutes ago, The OP said:

This has just made me think of another one - English players (like Kris Commons) who call Scott Brown 'Browny'. 

giphy.gif&key=a55061191d6c458bb7e6b28d6f

giphy.gif&key=a55061191d6c458bb7e6b28d6f

Brendan Rodgers is also guilty of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived