Things that make you cringe

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

As has been said if you don’t want a job like that then more power to you and fair play.

But don’t judge others and without having experienced a role like that you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

I judge folk all the time and will continue to do so

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

But then they have kids and it's schadenfreude time...

I personally can't wait to wave the grandkids off after a visit, cackling hysterically at my kids as they trudge off.

Assuming I'm still alive when the grandnippers arrive :(

22 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

All Old Firm supporters who wear their clubs tops in public, especially the obese ones, which accounts for approximately 98% of them.

Worse is seeing this elsewhere in the UK, or worse halfway around the world.

Absolutely disgusting.

Getting back to DA’s observations, I completely understand where he is coming from, but at the same time, it’s sometimes necessary to commit yourself to extra work to enjoy the benefits of your employment.
I earlier received a message from a manager in the US to call him in 5 hours, by which time it will be 1 am where I live. Will I set my alarm to call him? Yes I will, despite the fact that I’m travelling to another country tomorrow and my whole weekend is fucked. Why? Because. I’m suitably rewarded & this week I’ve seen my two immediate line managers sacked, for not committing to the expectations stated when they signed up. I guess it’s all about expectation & reward.

We're very lucky - or unlucky, depending how you look at - there's hardly a day passes when we don't get a visit from at least one of them. Four visited yesterday with their mum, I was at work, so missed them, but we were keeping two others anyway, and by the time I got home there was a third one here, although she went home. Granddaughter nr 4 calls in regularly.

When school starts I might be getting roped into collecting grandson nr 5 at quitting time, his wee brother is going to a different school which will give him the help he needs, but someone has to be at his house to get him off the bus, so I might be needed occasionally as the timings are a bit tight for mummy to collect big brother and then be at home to get the other one. I don't mind walking up from the school if the weather is clement, not so much fun when it's raining. And I get regaled all the way home with "Do you know this granda?"

23 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Getting back to DA’s observations, I completely understand where he is coming from, but at the same time, it’s sometimes necessary to commit yourself to extra work to enjoy the benefits of your employment.
I earlier received a message from a manager in the US to call him in 5 hours, by which time it will be 1 am where I live. Will I set my alarm to call him? Yes I will, despite the fact that I’m travelling to another country tomorrow and my whole weekend is fucked. Why? Because. I’m suitably rewarded & this week I’ve seen my two immediate line managers sacked, for not committing to the expectations stated when they signed up. I guess it’s all about expectation & reward.

Cliped on them, IMHO...

I’m glad quite a lot of boys are sensible and have jumped in to my side. Nice to see.
Sometimes work calls, ken.

I think DA’s black and white viewpoint and calling everyone mugs maybe helped as well.

What is it you do for a living? Fair play to you for being so dedicated!

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What is it you do for a living? Fair play to you for being so dedicated!

Drugs mule IMO. Secretive late night calls, foreign travel, associates "not committing to the expectations stated when they signed up" which just sounds sinister...

11 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post it here or PTGOYN, but the playing of either Loch Lomond or 500 Miles at any sporting  events where any Scottish team or individual is participating. 

Both absolute fucking awful songs for plastic patriots 

The worst part about 500 Miles is everyone starts the chorus too early but then continues to do the whole 'DAH DAHDAH!' over the song.

Shite.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The worst part about 500 Miles is everyone starts the chorus too early but then continues to do the whole 'DAH DAHDAH!' over the song.

Shite.

After the first chorus it goes straight on to the second verse, "DAH DAHDAH" doesn't kick in until after the second chorus.  That people have STILL not realised this in 2018 absolutely baffles me.

Archived