Things that make you cringe

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Teesside men who call their girlfriend "our lass" - perfectly acceptable 

Teesside women who call their boyfriend "our lad" - #cringe

Both are deeply unacceptable

People who go on about how happily married they are.
People who go on about how unhappily married they are is equally bad. I work away and as I have said on here, a frequent one is, better phone her I suppose, not phoned home in 10 days HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Well that makes you thick as f**k in my eyes tbh. You signed half your life away to someone you dont like? Minter.

Another one that makes me cringe like f**k is seeing married, sober men snivelling around any random bit of skirt they see. Just cant get my head round it. Loads of them will say "I would never do anything".... So why all the effort and cringy patter then?

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

People who go on about how unhappily married they are is equally bad. I work away and as I have said on here, a frequent one is, better phone her I suppose, not phoned home in 10 days HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Well that makes you thick as f**k in my eyes tbh. You signed half your life away to someone you dont like? Minter.

Another one that makes me cringe like f**k is seeing married, sober men snivelling around any random bit of skirt they see. Just cant get my head round it. Loads of them will say "I would never do anything".... So why all the effort and cringy patter then?

Having been married for nigh on thirty years, we've settled into a place where some days we can't stand the sight of each other, and others (lots of others, tbf) where we share experiences we'll remember in our dotage. 

On average, life's been better with her. High praise, from me.

had to head into town this afternoon so thought id have a quick pint. there was a polish lad delivering an order into the place and there was something wrong with it. after he left the barmaid comes away with the "im not racist but they should be able to speak proper english". im sorry you stupid bint but you are racist and almost all sentences that start with that line are racist!

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Having been married for nigh on thirty years, we've settled into a place where some days we can't stand the sight of each other, and others (lots of others, tbf) where we share experiences we'll remember in our dotage. 

On average, life's been better with her. High praise, from me.

Have to agree with that. (I'm talking about my wife, not yours, obviously. Thought I better point that out before we get two pages of queries and "clarifications"...)

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ah, the "if i was 15 years younger" types.
20 years younger and 60 pounds lighter more like.

It's very cringey when they eventually do get divorced and think well tidy lassies the same age as their daughters are into them.

6 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

had to head into town this afternoon so thought id have a quick pint. there was a polish lad delivering an order into the place and there was something wrong with it. after he left the barmaid comes away with the "im not racist but they should be able to speak proper english". im sorry you stupid bint but you are racist and almost all sentences that start with that line are racist!

"almost"?

Also, if by "town" you mean Dundee, it's hardly RP Central, is it?

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

When I worked for a large bank we were told we should take our lanyards off when outside the building because there were gangs who steal them and then break into offices.

I never heard of this actually happening, it's all a bit "Be A Ware" facebook post.

Pish (not your post, just the fact that all you need to do is still a lanyard + pass to gain access to a building). The minute someone nicked it off you, you'd report it stolen and it would be deactivated. 

In fact it's more dangerous to have it in your pocket, cos then if you're pickpocketed, you wouldn't know it had been swiped and the ne'er-do-wells could actually break in somewhere. 

"almost"?
Also, if by "town" you mean Dundee, it's hardly RP Central, is it?
forfar. yeah almost. thought id leave some wiggle room as there are a few exceptions. camt believe she announced that infront of a bar of customers though

I'd have read the Sunday Post a lot more often if I'd known they ran cartoons about gay casanova grannies.

I'm going to pick up a People's Friend and see what other filth I've been missing out on.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

WHIT

8 hours ago, sjc said:

I was mixing up harnesses with attached lanyards and those wee Company name tag ID lanyards........apologies. 

No excuse for not taking them off at lunchtime.

Archived