The Binos v The Blue Toon

Well this Saturday we face joint top of League, Peterhead at home in what will be an important game for both teams. 

More so the Binos who after 3 games are pointless and 2nd bottom of the League just ahead of Albion Rovers on goal difference. We need to start picking up points and kickstart our season.

Hopefully team wise for the Binos we have Darren Smith and Darren Barr back from injury and fit to play on Saturday. According to the club website Kevin Moon will not make it but hopefully he can make it back soon. 

No doubt Peterhead will fancy their chances of getting all 3 points to keep up their bid to get promoted this season. 

Prediction Binos 1 Peterhead 1         :)

Guest TOPFITTER

Could top of the table by goal difference Peterhead FC, being the last team the Binos have beaten in competitive football be the team to save Dave Mackay,s job. Unable to record a win in 17 is BlueToonEsque in terms of failure to reach your potential !!!
Expect the new look defence Gibson,Eadie,Brown and Stevenson to give Fleming little to do and Rusty and the Rivets to tie up the win.

59 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Could top of the table by goal difference Peterhead FC, being the last team the Binos have beaten in competitive football be the team to save Dave Mackay,s job. Unable to record a win in 17 is BlueToonEsque in terms of failure to reach your potential !!!
Expect the new look defence Gibson,Eadie,Brown and Stevenson to give Fleming little to do and Rusty and the Rivets to tie up the win.

Dave MacKays job will not be on the line should we fail to pick up points on Saturday but the longer it goes on without us picking up points and start winning games then the pressure will mount. 

Imo if the Club does not start getting points on the board then I reckon the Albion Rovers game at the end of September may be the clincher to whether Dave MacKay is in a job or not. Hopefully we start to improve and get ourselves up the table before then, if not then I would imagine Dave will be gone. 

Stirling’s last win at home was against Clyde on 24th February 2018, this will be over half a year, by the time of kick off on Saturday against Peterhead. I think Stirling may need to wait until dare I say it the Albion Rovers game for a win. I feel if they have to wait this long, it will be to late for Dave MacKay. 

But what do I know?!

Guest TOPFITTER

Well here early ready for a Blue Toon masterclass, C’mon Jim get them fired up [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

Well we lost again but at least their were signs in the first half that were improving. Fell behind to a good free kick given for a questionable foul imo. 

2nd half Peterhead gained the upper hand and when they scored their 2nd, it was game over even though we had a couple of chances late on to get on the scoresheet plus a possible penalty claim denied when Peter MacDonald when pushed in the box denying him a chance to score. 

Hopefully we can carry on improving next week at Elgin, providing the game is not called off due to the DROUGHT :huh:. hopefully the heavens will open in Elgin to water the pitch in time for the Albion game. 

Can’t complain about the result. 2 well taken goals but definite signs of improvement.

I noticed that quite a few Peterhead players went to ground during the game apparently injured. Maybe immaculate grass pitches are not the way forward [emoji57]

Guest TOPFITTER

Stirling didn't look like a team 18 games without a win in the league. some may say Peterhead were slightly lucky to go in at 1/2 time in front but on chances deserved it. Peterhead bossed most of the second and had more than enough chances to seal the win and once Rory scored it was over, Albion huffed and puffed to no avail and the Blue Toon wre profligate with their chances.

Don't care if Peterhead "Montroseesque" this season but there could be so much more to come from this squad, but will it? Is Jim a managerial genius with this seasons tactics, selections and player positions or has he stumbled on a successful formation ? Don't know and Don't care as long as the points keep coming

giphy-downsized.gif

Archived