c***s At Airports

People who don't pay attention to the security instructions and then are scrambling to figure out what they need to do when they get there.

Also people who arrive at the last minute and then have a meltdown when they miss their flight or there is any potential mini-delay that could cause them to miss their flight.  I was in the airport security line with plenty of time for my flight once and it was pretty busy, the people behind me were raging because their flight was about to leave but they had arrived late. 

I am also one of those people who arrives ridiculously early for my flights, I would rather get there, sort out the checkin/bag drop and then security with plenty of time and then grab a pint looking at the planes.  Much less stressful than being in a rush to do everything

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It always strikes me as strange how airlines are happy for you to wander about when you're hurtling through the air at 500mph 35,000 feet off the ground, but throw an eppy if you dare to move when you're taxiing along at 5mph. 

Anyway, on the subject of airport seethe... the Airport (I think) documentary was hilarious when stupid people missed their flights or didn't the correct documentation. 

9 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It always strikes me as strange how airlines are happy for you to wander about when you're hurtling through the air at 500mph 35,000 feet off the ground, but throw an eppy if you dare to move when you're taxiing along at 5mph. 

Anyway, on the subject of airport seethe... the Airport (I think) documentary was hilarious when stupid people missed their flights or didn't the correct documentation. 

Booked a taxi for 6am to catch a 7.40 flight from Luton Airport. She actually thought about it the silly cow.

Now back in sunny Scotland , after the Ryanair crew got revenge on all the t shirted , flip flopped arseholes who instantly became dehydrated and feeling faint once the flight delay was announced .

After what turned out to be a 45 minute delay and eventually airborne , the air con was turned down to “ fucking Baltic” setting and all the whinging b*****ds sat chittering for the next two and a half hours.

Arriving in Turkey one time, typical scenario there of at least 2 flights arriving within minutes of each other, and only 3 or 4 Immigration booths open.  

Massive OF-clad family group had been on the flight, elder bloke is getting wheelchair assistance through the airport.  Airport staff take him to front of queue, which is mildly annoying, but can let it go.  Until he gets to the front, and shouts back to the rest of his tribe to 'Come on up tae', and suddenly all 14 of them are pushing in at the front of the queue.

Then, we're all waiting at the baggage reclaim, he has a Lazarus-like miracle, and manages to get up out of his wheelchair, and walk outside for a smoke.

c**t.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Arriving in Turkey one time, typical scenario there of at least 2 flights arriving within minutes of each other, and only 3 or 4 Immigration booths open.  

Massive OF-clad family group had been on the flight, elder bloke is getting wheelchair assistance through the airport.  Airport staff take him to front of queue, which is mildly annoying, but can let it go.  Until he gets to the front, and shouts back to the rest of his tribe to 'Come on up tae', and suddenly all 14 of them are pushing in at the front of the queue.

Then, we're all waiting at the baggage reclaim, he has a Lazarus-like miracle, and manages to get up out of his wheelchair, and walk outside for a smoke.

c**t.

Have to say I've got grudging admiration for the old boy.

50 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Those clips from Airline are great.

The best is the one where two people who were in the bar blamed the screens for missing their flights:

"The strategy you chose has failed you" is a cracking line. 

The airline clips are really funny at times. Used to love the people who came late and went mental.  The episode on Sept 11 2001 where some customers have a go at the staff about flights being grounded is quite something with the benefit of hindsight! 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

When she starts screeching she does it to the tune of Ode to Joy! :lol:

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Those clips from Airline are great.

The best is the one where two people who were in the bar blamed the screens for missing their flights:

"The strategy you chose has failed you" is a cracking line. 

Bet those two ended up pumping.

Love how clearly pished they both are.

This a story was doing the rounds several years ago concerning Chic Murray and an irate American at Edinburgh Airport.

Both were waiting to board a flight to London when a announcement came over the tannoy that for technical reasons there would be a 30 minute delay before boarding.

"God dammit, this place must be the asshole of England" shouted the American at the top of his voice. Quick as a flash Chic replied :  "Are you just passing through" ..? 

Saw a Facebook poll for a Benidorm group today (don't ask) that showed support for Brexit about 60%, Remain about 20% and 20% undecided. What the actual f**k? These are the same people complaining about the exchange rate and how everything is so much more expensive. Can't they see the link?

yaaaaasssssssssss
I do prefer the speed of flying but the Train, boat and car are all  far superior to fucking airports and aitlines
Flying is an absolute pain nowadays. Security makes it much, much worse.

I took the train to London and it was a treat.

Archived