c***s At Airports

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

If it's within the dimensions for the airline (and I appreciate that's a big 'if') then why is it an issue? It takes up the same space as a full rucksack.

Uses a suitcase for hand luggage poster found.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Not sure if there's sarcasm in this or not, but I always thought I was the only weirdo that enjoyed coming back to 'cold' weather after a trip to anywhere remotely tropical (30oC +), especially at Aberdeen where there aren't any of those tunnel-bridges and you have to walk down steps into the outside world and gale force sleet.  Glorious.  

That was completely serious.

Had a little bit of bother once before an outward flight to Jamaica which was not our fault but marked us down as troublemakers to the other passengers. For the return flight we just kept a very low profile at the airport. The wife bought a £200 ornament at the airport. It was in a box with a picture of it on the sides. A local female security guard took it from her, asked what it was and proceeded to shake the box in a very violent manner. I just put my head in my hands as World War 3 kicked off.:lol:

28 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

Uses a suitcase for hand luggage poster found.

Sometimes, yes, simply because in some cases it's far more convenient. If, for instance, I'm on an airline that lets me carry my laptop bag as a second item ("accessory" most call it). I can have everything I need for the flight in my laptop bag, and shove everything else into the case and forget about it. 

If I'm travelling with a single-item airline, I'll use a rucksack (easier to get in-flight stuff out of); if I'm travelling with hold luggage, I'll carry a small shoulder bag. 

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

Sometimes, yes, simply because in some cases it's far more convenient. If, for instance, I'm on an airline that lets me carry my laptop bag as a second item ("accessory" most call it). I can have everything I need for the flight in my laptop bag, and shove everything else into the case and forget about it. 

If I'm travelling with a single-item airline, I'll use a rucksack (easier to get in-flight stuff out of); if I'm travelling with hold luggage, I'll carry a small shoulder bag. 

Exactly, so stick your suitcase in the hold where it belongs.

6 minutes ago, cambozpar said:

Exactly, so stick your suitcase in the hold where it belongs.

Not possible with only carry-on luggage.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

CC407XL-CLASSIC-IPAD--MANBAG-XL-SADDLE-M

I fear I used incorrect terminology.

I of course was referring to a bag I carry on my shoulder, but that isn't big enough to qualify as a rucksack in my mind. 

Backpack...that's the word I was aiming for.

I'm one of those weirdos who turns up at airports ridic early because I'm aware that there can be unexpected delays travelling to the airport but it's nowhere near as bas as those roasters who still aim to arrive half an hour before their flight leaves. My girlfriend's always seem to fall into this category and it drives me mental.

I'm one of those weirdos who turns up at airports ridic early because I'm aware that there can be unexpected delays travelling to the airport but it's nowhere near as bas as those roasters who still aim to arrive half an hour before their flight leaves. My girlfriend's always seem to fall into this category and it drives me mental.

Last year my girlfriend fell out with me as I suggested leaving Perth at half 2 in the morning when our flight was at 6.

Through to Glasgow airport for Just after half 3, parked in the car park, in the airport for 4 and check in done for half 4, with enough time to enjoy some breakfast and a pint.

Apparently she’d have preferred leaving Perth at 4:30....

Just now, mizfit said:

Last year my girlfriend fell out with me as I suggested leaving Perth at half 2 in the morning when our flight was at 6.

Through to Glasgow airport for Just after half 3, parked in the car park, in the airport for 4 and check in done for half 4, with enough time to enjoy some breakfast and a pint.

Apparently she’d have preferred leaving Perth at 4:30....

And presumably then blamed the airline when you missed check-in, moaning at the poor rep at the desk about how the plane is still out there and you can just hop on?

Carried a Leatherman on flights for years before I realised it probably wasn't a good idea. Hats off to the security guard by the metal detector at Bristol airport though. I handed him my keys and the knife while I walked through the arch and he handed me them back at the other side. 

Security? :lol:

25 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m sure you can leave kindles in your hand luggage? I always do anyway. 

Dunno, but when I went to New Zealand and back via Dubai and Australia at every airport before Melbourne on the return they asked me to put my ipad in a separate tray. When I showed initiative by doing this at Melbourne a guy yelled at me along the lines of "NOT IN A SEPARATE TRAY!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT SUSPICIOUS MEANS?!?!" and I was all like "Eh yeah mate I got an A for Higher English" (in my head while I just quietly glared at him and put it back in my bag). 

36 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m sure you can leave kindles in your hand luggage? I always do anyway. 

It was not long after the electronic plot thing when they were hyper sensitive about it and they were banned on some flights. Everything electronic had to go in a separate tray and be switched on. Haven't had it recently. 

That said full confession, I forgot to remove a bottle of booze from hand luggage. Realised as soon as my case went the wrong way into the search line at Gatwick. Top marks to the security man who asked if I'd like to down it before leaving security or throw it away. 

On landing, and despite the tannoy announcement to remain in your seat till the sign is switched off, you can be sure within about 1.5 seconds the first distinctive clicks of seatbelts being undone.These are the roasters that are then reaching up to open the lockers and get their bags down, and the one in the group that is 6'5" is in the window seat and is now standing with his head and neck  at an extremely painful angle as he has to stand  to get off the plane quicker. This is despite the fact  they are in a row in the middle of the plane, the doors aren't open and the plane hasn't even fucking stopped yet.

Sit back relax and stroll off the plane at the end, this is only made extra joyous if you are parked away from the terminal and they are bussing you to the terminal. The numpties rushing off are now at the back of the bus and you are last on, standing at the door and at the front of the queue when the bus gets to the terminal.

15 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Priority boarding can f**k off.

9 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Sit back relax and stroll off the plane at the end, this is only made extra joyous if you are parked away from the terminal and they are bussing you to the terminal. The numpties rushing off are now at the back of the bus and you are last on, standing at the door and at the front of the queue when the bus gets to the terminal.

I love it when the reverse happens when the smug priority boarding wankers go through gate while you take your time finishing your pint, only to find them squashed at the back of the bus while the rest of us scum are standing by the doors and first on the plane. The seethe is immense. :lol:

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I love it when the reverse happens when the smug priority boarding wankers go through gate while you take your time finishing your pint, only to find them squashed at the back of the bus while the rest of us scum are standing by the doors and first on the plane. The seethe is immense. :lol:

I'd never pay for priority boarding, but to be honest I'd be pretty pissed off if I did then that happened. 

Although I'd be more pissed of with myself for being stupid enough to buy it in the first place.

Archived