c***s At Airports

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you passed it on to Gatwick? Not sure what I would do.

He has over 2 million subscribers, he isn’t my mate or anything. :lol: 

I’m fairly sure they would know by now. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Eddie's excellent. 

A voice as smooth as silk.

Aural honey 8)

Yeah, I'm a little ashamed to admit that for more years than I care to recall, I always had Eddie on from 5pm rather than the BBC Scotland offering - no matter who was presenting it. Pleased to have now reconnected with him on LBC.

I also agree with Welshbairn that he would have been an obvious choice to replace Dimblebum on QT but I guess Eddie had fallen out of favour with them when the gig came up.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

For the last week I've had a malt whisky advent calendar (a 500 ml bottle every day) and I've had the dilemma of whether or not all advent calendar contents must be consumed in the morning.  I decided yes.  Nothing like toast and a double Talisker to start the working day.

4oSZ.gif

I appreciate this is c***s on a bus to the airport rather than a c***s at airports story,  but I'm currently getting treated to some old guy (who I suspect is half cut) massacring various Xmas carols (he's currently on Oh Come All Ye Faithful),  although in fairness,  his "rumpa pum pum "  in Little Drummer Boy was pretty good. 

This wouldn't normally bother me except it's him driving the bus. 

23 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Think the bar might be a tad busy.

I anticipated this point. There are 26 advertised eating and drinking places,  including coffee shops etc, then there are a few just outside. I think, some of the time, you could get out of your sleeping bag on the foyer floor.

57 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I anticipated this point. There are 26 advertised eating and drinking places,  including coffee shops etc, then there are a few just outside. I think, some of the time, you could get out of your sleeping bag on the foyer floor.

Or you could just nip down to Brighton and keep in touch with the Gatwick website. Trains every 10 minutes and the fast one takes 23 minutes.

17 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The story about the 7 year old who couldn’t go to Lapland to see Santa was outstanding.

A bit old to be falling for that guff. I had my doubts when I started primary school and our Santa looked suspiciously like the lollipop man. [ It was! Bless 'im! ]

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Classic case of police in England seen to be doing something about this and seen to be making progress.

I hope that couple sue them and receive substantial damages.

There was some police chief interviewed on radio the other day and asked what progress had been made. "Well," said he, "We've ruled out terrorism in this case, and our enquiries are ongoing"

"How can you rule out terrorism if you've no idea who was responsible for flying these drones?" asked the reporter.

At that point our enlightened police chief just began waffling, incoherently.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Classic case of police in England seen to be doing something about this and seen to be making progress.

I hope that couple sue them and receive substantial damages.

There was some police chief interviewed on radio the other day and asked what progress had been made. "Well," said he, "We've ruled out terrorism in this case, and our enquiries are ongoing"

"How can you rule out terrorism if you've no idea who was responsible for flying these drones?" asked the reporter.

At that point our enlightened police chief just began waffling, incoherently.

It's not the fault of the police - they never released the names. I expect the papers are about to be sued for lottery-scale amounts.

Archived