c***s At Airports

Posted this on PTTGOYN , but thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Sitting in Palma airport right now after a wee break in the 30oC heat.

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of idiots still dressed in shorts, t shirts and flip flops for the return flights back to the U.K. , where the weather is shit .

They’ll also be the first c***s to say “ Jesus , it’s freezing here “ , in a very loud voice , when they get off the plane back home !

Fuckwits!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Correct.

They could also change into more suitable clothes once back home.

Tbh it's not cold today

Aye , 14oC and rain forecast in Edinburgh.

I bet there’s loads of folk cutting about in vests, shorts and flip flops (tbh probably are in Pilton) 

Palma airport is pretty good. Some nice clothes shops and some v tasty sandwiches. 

Was over there recently and there was an extended family of Celtic fans. All the generations, all dressed (at 4am so quite distressing on the eyes) in everything green and white. From full kits to green and white leisurewear and trainers. The missus couldn't hide her horror. Ditto on the way back. 

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

His wife has probably wandered off and he is sitting their sweating looking like a fanny.
Then decides to make a whole thread about something quite petty.

He is being very silly

Sitting here in my Lonsdale shell suit quite comfortably thanks ;)

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

They aren’t going about their every day business though are they, they’ve been on holiday, they’ll most likely go straight home. 

I bet there’s loads of people cutting about Mallorca in Jeans and a jumper. 

Only the Italians 

I have wandered around Singapore, wearing jeans because it was my last day.
Absolutely unbearable.

In hot countries, wear clothes suitable for hot countries.
Once you get back to Scotland, you can always put on a jumper or even change at the airport.

In hot countries, heat exhaustion is a serious issue.
I doubt anybody is going to die from wearing shorts in Scotland in summer.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I have wandered around Singapore, wearing jeans because it was my last day.
Absolutely unbearable.

You’re missing my point!

Why didn’t you dress appropriately for wandering about ?

Airports are air conditioned these days 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What you idiots need are a pair of these:

Image result for zip off trousers

Sure, you won't be pulling any 9s or 10s in those, but you'll be well prepared for hot and cold weather and minimal space taken up in your hand luggage.

As endorsed by Heather Mills 

4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

You’re missing my point!

Why didn’t you dress appropriately for wandering about ?

Airports are air conditioned these days 

Fair enough.  Singapore airport is air-conditioned, although the beer garden is not - although at £18 a pint, you are not likely to stay there for long.

Given the choice I would rather be cold in a cold country than hot in a hot country.  Scotland, this summer has not been too cold. 

Can't remember if I posted this before, but queuing at security at Glasgow airport, this guy suddenly remembers he's got a full tin of Lynx in his bag. So he whips it out, and rather than just giving himself a quick skoosh in the usual danger areas before discarding, he proceeds to spray THE FULL FUCKING CAN all over himself several times over. It took him about a minute and the air was reeking of Lynx Africa. I can still fucking taste it. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Can't remember if I posted this before, but queuing at security at Glasgow airport, this guy suddenly remembers he's got a full tin of Lynx in his bag. So he whips it out, and rather than just giving himself a quick skoosh in the usual danger areas before discarding, he proceeds to spray THE FULL FUCKING CAN all over himself several times over. It took him about a minute and the air was reeking of Lynx Africa. I can still fucking taste it. 

Who the f**k still buys Lynx

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who the f**k still buys Lynx

I do, my eczema makes me allergic to 99% of deodorants and bizarrely Lynx is the only mainstream brand that doesn't destroy my skin.  Sure is a real b*****d for me and in the soap side of thing the merest sighting of Imperial Leather will crack my skin for months!

You try being in your 50s and smelling like a 17 year old looking for his hole down the nightclub on a Friday night. :(

Anyway - airports, the complete cretins who still apparently think that the 100ml thing doesn't apply to them and who are always placed right in front of you in the security queue and who then spend decades arguing that they can take their 4 litres of vodka or three bottles of shampoo through in their hand luggage. 100% guaranteed to be scheme goblins from Glasgow we well.

I do, my eczema makes me allergic to 99% of deodorants and bizarrely Lynx is the only mainstream brand that doesn't destroy my skin.  Sure is a real b*****d for me and in the soap side of thing the merest sighting of Imperial Leather will crack my skin for months!
You try being in your 50s and smelling like a 17 year old looking for his hole down the nightclub on a Friday night. [emoji20]
Anyway - airports, the complete cretins who still apparently think that the 100ml thing doesn't apply to them and who are always placed right in front of you in the security queue and who then spend decades arguing that they can take their 4 litres of vodka or three bottles of shampoo through in their hand luggage. 100% guaranteed to be scheme goblins from Glasgow we well.
Oddly enough Imperial Leather destroys my skin too.

Hand luggage is the correct direction for his thread. I once had to wait for ages while a guy argued the toss over his penknife.

An actual fucking knife, and he felt he should be allowed to take it on.

Being too cold for five minutes while you get back to your car >>> being too hot for three hours while you get to the airport and wait for your flight. 

This is 100% right

People who stand shoulder to shoulder on escalators and moving walkways are annoying. In fact, not just exclusively to airports, I never understand why perfectly able bodied people stop moving when they hit an escalator. 

Archived