farty pants

Flatulence based chat in here.

As someone who suffers from chronic severe flatulence, I have been intrigued by adverts for fart filtering undergarments.

Have any other posters tried these? do they give you the confidence to let rip with impunity? I suspect that they may be a cruel hoax on a par with x ray specs.

Flatulence based chat in here.
As someone who suffers from chronic severe flatulence, I have been intrigued by adverts for fart filtering undergarments.
Have any other posters tried these? do they give you the confidence to let rip with impunity? I suspect that they may be a cruel hoax on a par with x ray specs.

Are they cheaper than a change of diet?

The most worrying/embarrassing thing about a public fart is surely the volume rather than the smell as it’s quite easy to blame the smell on someone else? I assume fart filters would only filter out the smell unless they let out a quick burst of God Save the Queen when you let a trouser trumpet loose.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The most worrying/embarrassing thing about a public fart is surely the volume rather than the smell as it’s quite easy to blame the smell on someone else? I assume fart filters would only filter out the smell unless they let out a quick burst of God Save the Queen when you let a trouser trumpet loose.

That's what I was thinking - perfect for the silent but deadly ones, no use for the thunderclaps.

My personal favorite was when I was a kid, in P5 I think. Our teacher was a Bible basher and we had to say the Lord's Prayer before each class. During one such occasion I let an absolute ripper go. It was magnificent, several seconds long and at least two tone changes. Unfortunately there was no way of blaming anyone else, as I was pretty much crying with laughter. Got quite the punishment exercise for that one [emoji38]

The joy of timeing a fart so you do it in an empty lift at work, just as you get out the lift,  leaving the smell behind lingering in the steel box for the next user to walk in , press the button and realise they are now trapped in a smelly box. The joy of knowing you have left that for someone makes going to work almost bearable.

22 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The joy of timeing a fart so you do it in an empty lift at work, just as you get out the lift,  leaving the smell behind lingering in the steel box for the next user to walk in , press the button and realise they are now trapped in a smelly box. The joy of knowing you have left that for someone makes going to work almost bearable.

This kind of relates to The Soup Paradox, whereby soup generally smells delicious in open play, but the lingering wafts from a recently departed soup container omit the bouquet of a particularly odious fart when trapped in the confinement of a lift. 

Weird. 

The fortunate thing is that I knew the officer in question.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 19:29, Zen Archer said:

I farted on a policeman, just as the bus came to the stop my guts rumbled and I took a few steps back so as to be out of earshot, then I let rip unaware that a bobby had just walked up behind me.

I emptied the work once, as the boss walked into a room I'd just farted in and was convinced something was on fire. Being a shitebag, I let us all stand outside in the cold for fifteen minutes rather than admit the horrible truth.

Definitely something up with my digestion at the time. The wife claimed I smelled like burning rubber  :wacko:

Let a few crackers go at the Kiltwalk last weekend as well. If you have the right sort of gap to the folk behind, it has that vital few seconds to properly develop into something horrific just as they walk into it.

Tesco used to do protein wraps which when filled with Mexicana cheese were glorious farting fuel.