What do you do on a Sunday?

Ylf

Do you go to church Sit about house all day. Go for a day trip. Do the garden visit in laws?

I usually just relax on a Sunday or do the garden. No pints for me as up early. What do you look t tend to do on a Sunday

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually pretty depressed from staying up late friday and saturday and worrying about the inevitable return to work, usually console myself with an 11am lie in, a fry-up

This last Sunday morning I was awoken by my other half as she came in off nightshift and was furious at the mess I was in. As she went to bed, I went to the pub on my own, drank several pints of Tennents lager before going to watch my mates play Sunday league. I then returned to the pub where I watched football and consumed more Tennents, before staggering up the road to see a furious girlfriend head off to nightshift.

As far as Sundays go, it was glorious.

Surely people vary what they do on a Sunday.  It would be boring if you did the same thing every Sunday.

There’s different games on every Sunday. That’s enough mixing it up for me.

Depends how hungover I am.

Most weeks I'll get the Hoover out and stick the washing machine on. Then I'll head out and have cooked breakfast in a local cafe. Do my grocery shopping for the week. Go home and the spend the evening watching tv, reading or pissing about on here.

Other weeks I'll wake up soaking wet, realise that I've pissed the bed but not have the strength or motivation to get up  and clean it up. I'll then lie pickled in my own pish for several hours before I look at my phone, notice that I've texted declarations of love to a female work colleague and then spend the rest of the evening wishing Kim Jong Un would launch a nuclear strike on the Tayside area.

After years away from it, I'm going to be back to working regular office hours again soon, so it'll be back to curling up into a ball and praying for death before the alarm goes off on Monday morning.

I'd much rather work on Sundays and take a day off during the week. It's an awful day to have free. The anti-Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Six days hoovering and one day havering.

Sorry. I should elaborate. 

You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, deliver a homily, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Archived