Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 26th August

Carson has barely put a foot wrong in his time at Motherwell, but he was poor for goals two and three today. 

Peter Hartley doing his talking on the pitch today.  He should have burst the net earlier in the 2nd half, but justice done in the end.  A draw was the least we deserved after that performance. Onwards! 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought Gerrard came across quite well there. Quite non-commital and calm.
Not sure if the rangers fan higher up was taking the piss there, but I actually thought Craig Thomson had a good game. And I usually think he's dreadful when revving our games.  Would have been a nightmare game to ref, but he managed to let it be extremely competitive without it ever spilling over. 

Come on any game the arse cheeks lose the referee was 100% against them.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Who’s fishing? We’re you actually watching the match? Motherwell getting players booked for nothing, and Laugherty gets away with almost halfing a player with his whole body off the ground. And the guy commentating for BT saying at the end that Motherwell had stolen a point! If anything, they should really have had all three.

Seriously....

Fucking FANTASTIC point that and thoroughly deserved AND how special does that feel to finally get a break like that in a game against Rangers in the last minute?

I had pretty much typed out my post match thoughts in my head as we headed into the closing minutes when 3-2 down. They were along the lines of "typical Motherwell v Rangers game, missed chances, got no luck in front of goal, deflected goals for them, sick fed up of being told to take positive from defeats like today". And then, we get that goal from the corner in the dying seconds and it was no more than we deserved and all the more brilliant that it was Hartley that got it after the midweek shit storm.

I thought we went about things perfectly in the first half and Johnson took his goal superbly, shades of Moult with that composure. McHughs header was lovely too. The goals we lost were poor though and extremely lucky on their part but that's standard for them against us. Two massive deflections and a free header but Carson really needs to be keeping that third one out.

In the second half there was only one team in it and the 'much improved Rangers' looked dreadful and offered nothing, whilst we pressed them but just didn't make enough of the several good opportunities that came our way. We certainly did not deserve to lose that though and although it was looking for all the world that it was just going to be yet another one of those days against this opposition, we got what we deserved in the last seconds so well done Motherwell for not giving up and crucially getting our first point of the season.

Remember when Lafferty went down pretending to have cramp in the last few minutes, one of many cynical time wasting and foul winning tactics by Rangers today, wonder how he's feeling now?

Should have faked an additional head injury to see Rangers over the line at Fir Park.

Hope everyone of those c***s in the South Stand and in front of Brighthouse bought tellies are raging. 

Didn't look any better than last season and will get pumped by Slavs and Catholics in the next two matches and Gerrard will have his first crisis.

Fucking up yehs.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

When Sevco lose to Eire next week, as they usually do, they will have 5 points from 12.

Not sure where this amazing transformation under Stevie G is to be honest.

Are we sure they will lose? Celtic are mince at the moment, I'd go 0-0 next week. 

As for the game today, absolute belter to be honest, proper contest and Motherwell deserved all 3 points. Not sure how I'd feel if I was a Motherwell fan, delighted with the last minute GIRFUY to the scum but gutted not getting the deserved 3 points..

Peter Hartley, what a man

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Are we sure they will lose? Celtic are mince at the moment, I'd go 0-0 next week. 

As for the game today, absolute belter to be honest, proper contest and Motherwell deserved all 3 points. Not sure how I'd feel if I was a Motherwell fan, delighted with the last minute GIRFUY to the scum but gutted not getting the deserved 3 points..

Peter Hartley, what a man

Two absolutely stinking defences. No chance of a 0-0.

If Celtic are on their game next week they will beat that Rangers side comfortably. On that evidence, their battle will be with Aberdeen and the two Edinburgh clubs for the 2nd/3rd/4th spots this season.

Given the nature of how we ended up getting the draw then I'm delighted with that. Had it finished say, 2-2 after the first half and then us missing numerous chances second half then it would be a different feeling but we've got to be chuffed with that.

There are draws and there are draws and today was the type of draw you feel chuffed to bits with. The other type of draw is the type when you more than match Rangers for 87 minutes then get awarded a penalty with minutes to go at 0-0 and then miss it. That type of draw leaves you feeling gutted, today's had the opposite effect.

56 minutes ago, bennett said:

See if you want to fish, don't make it so obvious...

Haha you must be seething! Told the lads in the pub here who gave me abuse, that must really hurt you, 92nd minute and all. They nodded in agreement. Smiles all round :)

Archived