Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 26th August

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, I thought it was a good contest out on the right, more than anything. 

Frear once again highlighting that if he has a decent first five minutes, he'll be in the game.

Worth mentioning his starting positions as well.

When he roasted Tavernier on the touchline from a standing start he was about 25 yards from the bye line. He was effectively playing as an out and out winger. 

Same with the one where Hartley played him in and he skipped by Tavernier into the box to stand the ball up to the back post for Main. He's picking the ball up on the edge of the box and going by folk. Even the build up to the corner we score from he's playing wide of a front 5.

It's the one time FM's 'overload' tactic has actually brought about a goal.

5b8535924def9_ScreenShot2018-08-28at12_44_00.thumb.png.5026b3de981b1bab7ca15203f7fbd3a2.png

Spoiler

Edit: Actually there was this time as well...

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He lacks confidence? I remember a night in Istanbul where his confidence dragged his team back from 3-0 down at half time to win the Champions League.
Actually your post describes another Manager almost perfectly.  Rodgers has already started and the cracks are growing with each passing day.

I have even less time for that manager although he has been arguably successful but his time is up and hopefully they will revert to shite. You will have noticed I was right about your result and right about his petulance. He was a great player undoubtably but always moaning. Nothing's changed in afraid he will prove to be a managerial donkey !

6 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Tbh, Barasic coming off changed the game. I thought Cadden did fine against him, but he looks a real find. Big unit of a boy with the proverbial wand of a left foot. For a guy that's not playing on Thursday to come off for Middleton seemed very odd.

Guessing that it was due him being on a booking.

6 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Has there been anything about the boy bigi appearing to be hit by a cup? I’m not saying he was as cameras seemed to miss it but it cut to him lying on the floor holding his head and throwing a cup away. Not seen anything else about it since though?

Sandcastles, javelins and now cups?

This was a cracking game.

Not convinced with Rangers, Candy Ass and Windass were two of their best players I thought, one gone one out of favour. They look like they’ve got a lot more fight and are giving their all for their manager but that’s about it. McGregor and Barisic look like very good signings and Lafferty will get goals and provide a threat from set plays and crosses into the box.

Surprised with Motherwell, never knew they had that in them after watching their previous highlights. Johnson is a right annoying player and fast with a good left foot too. Him and Main will be a handful and then there’s the man mountain Sammon to come on after they 2 have bashed and bruised boys. Plenty of energy with guys like Cadden and Campbell and Bigrimana (sp?) looked a real class act on the ball. Defenders that’ll head everything that moves.

Motherwell to sneak 6th, Rangers to run close for 2nd along with Hearts and Hibs.

This was a cracking game.

Not convinced with Rangers, Candy Ass and Windass were two of their best players I thought, one gone one out of favour. They look like they’ve got a lot more fight and are giving their all for their manager but that’s about it. McGregor and Barisic look like very good signings and Lafferty will get goals and provide a threat from set plays and crosses into the box.

Surprised with Motherwell, never knew they had that in them after watching their previous highlights. Johnson is a right annoying player and fast with a good left foot too. Him and Main will be a handful and then there’s the man mountain Sammon to come on after they 2 have bashed and bruised boys. Plenty of energy with guys like Cadden and Campbell and Bigrimana (sp?) looked a real class act on the ball. Defenders that’ll head everything that moves.

Motherwell to sneak 6th, Rangers to run close for 2nd along with Hearts and Hibs.

Another one to write off the dandies. Lovely.

Sandcastles, javelins and now cups?

C’mon Benny. You were watching the game and would have seen the same as the rest of us. As I’ve said, I don’t know that he did get hit with it. I was just asking if anyone had seen anymore about it as I hadn’t.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

C’mon Benny. You were watching the game and would have seen the same as the rest of us. As I’ve said, I don’t know that he did get hit with it. I was just asking if anyone had seen anymore about it as I hadn’t.

Honestly never saw any cups being thrown or heard the commentators mention it.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guy was hot and cold but second top scorer in the league wasn’t he? Really don’t get the hatred for him from Rangers fans.

Hate him is a bit strong I'd say. I quite liked him tho he could be inconsistent but we only paid around £40k for him.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guy was hot and cold but second top scorer in the league wasn’t he? Really don’t get the hatred for him from Rangers fans.

Seen as bit of a sanddancer and a hider. I wasn't anywhere near as critical as most but think we got good money for him. It was a good time to move on for both parties.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Any footage of this?

The main BT footage (which was a close up of him down, rubbing his head before throwing a big cup of ice down against the turf in a kind of ooh-ya-f*cker rage, then getting up to embrace Hartley) seems to be gone but you can see it from this point in the clip below as he is lying behind the assistant ref and a few of the Well boys and the bench are pointing over. Basically he slid down on his knees to celebrate and someone papped a big, red XL Slush Puppie thing at him and it caught him a dullyin right on the side of the napper. I was shocked to the core.

17 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Has there been anything about the boy bigi appearing to be hit by a cup? I’m not saying he was as cameras seemed to miss it but it cut to him lying on the floor holding his head and throwing a cup away. Not seen anything else about it since though?

He's a mad god botherer, I think he went down to pray on the knees type celebration, buried his head in the turf and some generous cream bun seen he'd been having a great game and thought he was parched. offered him their beverage.

Honestly never saw any cups being thrown or heard the commentators mention it.

Did you see the image of the lad Bigi lying on the ground and throwing away the cup though?

Archived