Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 26th August

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bennett said:

Sure Jackie, a typo indeed...

Course it was ya fud. If you read the whole post you’ll see I stated it the correct way earlier in it.

Typical Bennett. Trying to make something of nothing at all. Saying that though, might have been a Freudian slip rather than a typo. Wouldn’t put it past those Govan residing, Chelsea supporting Croatians to do something like that. It’s totally their style. Just like the time that fat mess tried to gub Broony at Ibrox.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ha!  I was on the phone to her earlier and she was laughing at our poor outcome today.  She'll be 91 next week and a feisty Airdrie fan.

Chap on her door tomorrow and she'll make you a cup of tea with a teacake.  Be sure to put a couple of quid in to the Women's Guild collection box on yer way out.

Wayne Rooney’s Gonna head round tomorrow mate. We’re all gonna have a sweepstake on how many fingers he can fit into her ‘collection box’. Realistically I think 7 although she’s keen on going for 55, although that won’t materialise. 

Best if Wayne gets his tea and tea cake before the fun starts though.

1 hour ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Wayne Rooney’s Gonna head round tomorrow mate. We’re all gonna have a sweepstake on how many fingers he can fit into her ‘collection box’. Realistically I think 7 although she’s keen on going for 55, although that won’t materialise. 

Best if Wayne gets his tea and tea cake before the fun starts though.

Image result for cringe gif chrissy

All the talk beforehand was about how Peter Hartley had done Rangers team-talk for them, on the evidence of the match though it looked like Steven Gerrards cries of 'we'll be bullied by nobody' actually gave the Motherwell team a wee incentive, with Campbell, Hartley and Aldred in particular crashing into tackles and challenges from the 1st minute and Johnson and Main up front causing Goldson and Katic that many problems that they had to re-arrange their defensive shape. Johnson and Main, look like a partnership that could work, throw Bowman into the mix and we have options...I also thought Frear had a smashing cameo appearance as well.

Rangers have been getting lots of plaudits for how much they have improved under Gerrard, however upon glancing at their starting XI, it looked to me like there was an obvious weakness in the middle of the park. Any team with a central midfield pairing of Halliday and Jack, cannae be that good can they? This is where I think we took our momentum from, with Campbell and Bigirimana dominating that pair for reasonable spells of the game, while Rose was there clearly to shadow Ejaria, with mixed success.

A wicked deflection off Tait, who I thought had an excellent match, a moments lapse in concentration from Aldred at the 2nd and an uncharacteristic error from Carson cost us getting the 3 points, but to come away with 1 point was probably more than most would have expected given our current points total.

If we can play even 50% of our league games in the manner we played yesterday, then relegation will be a word that is never spoken about this season, while top6 is a distinct possibility and probably a straight shoot-out between us and Kilmarnock.

On 8/25/2018 at 22:11, The_Kincardine said:

I see your post of shame attracted a fair bit of attention.  Not surprising.  It was utter dross aimed at the LCD of P&B.  You have to wonder why posters come out with this shite, especially as very little was made of the jam Hartley got himself in.  Neither the club nor the Rangers posters on here made much of an issue of it.

Still, your argumentation is absolutely apt for this site.  "Our club's captain said something stupid but you hate Catholics so it's ok"  This is straight out of the P&B Book of Idiocy.

Very little was made of it? The reaction was positively huge considering he said very little.

As for the 'argumentation', I'll be fucked if I ever take any sort of criticism of my Club from Rangers (or Celtic) considering the shite they get up to week-after-week

Forgive me for not reading the 20 odd pages of what I imagine will be gloating... I might later in the day

I have been very critical of officials in the past and CT in particular but I have to say I thought he had a very decent game. He let quite a lot go but he did it even handedly. It was like watching a game from years gone by when tackling was allowed. Both sets of players battled away for 95 minutes and walked off the park shaking hands. 

Everybody in the pub was gutted when Hartley , it had to be him :lol:, scored the equaliser.  I just turned to my mate and said thoroughly deserved. It would have been absolute robbery if Rangers had taken all three points yesterday. 

Rangers are a work in progress and Gerrard will learn from games like this. He ll learn more from yesterday than any previous games. You don’t throw on young Middleton into a game like that in those conditions when you still have McCrorie and Candieas there!! We were hanging on and needed strength in there nota nippy wee speed merchant!!

I thought Motherwell were excellent and their manager got it spot on. They are not pretty on the eye but very effective at what they do. 

I was looking for a win yesterday and then two draws. If we can grab two draws in our next two games it will have been a very decent start to the season 

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just saw shaggers wwf elbow on Hartley.. FFS

I just seen that on the highlights too, wow! That has to be one of the worst assaults I've ever seen in a game, that looks like one for the police tbh.

Archived