Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 26th August

Absolutely glorious to get an equaliser with the last kick of the ball after Rangers had time wasted almost the entire second half. Can't remember being so dominant against them for an entire 45 mins. 

Adds to the lol's that it had to be big Pete who rocked up with it too after the midweek furore. 

Ironic that their fans got so wound up over a comment about a burst nose and a bit of blood , then 5000 of them turn up today and sing songs about being up to their knees in the stuff. 

Happy Sunday 'Well fans. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Pretty much but it was so disappointing to lose a goal from our own corner kick in the 43rd minute.

You might say Rangers wouldn't have sat in 2nd half at 2-2 but that one passage of poor play could have cost us a victory because we were the utterly dominate side in the 2nd half.

We have a lot of work still to do defensively and as I said, Carson needs to keep that third goal out, that was poor stuff by his standards. My biggest concern from today was how slow and flat footed we were at the back...that second Lafferty goal was utterly dreadful from us. That said, it took two huge slices of absolute luck for Rangers to score their first and third goals, a big deflection and a goalkeeping blunder, the type of which Carson rarely makes. 

We were excellent in the second half I thought and I actually thought that we controlled the midfield with Campbell (before he went off) and Bigi being comfortable but what let us down was our final third play. Frear did well when he came on but I thought that hooking Johnson for Sammon was folly as Johnson had the ability to unlock their defence.

In the end we got what we deserved and we need to be happy with that. There's many a Motherwell side in the past who would have crumbled after they went 3-2 up and ended up losing four or five but we showed our combative qualities again today.

Dens Park next week is crucial now but at least we go there a point ahead 

Going to tabloid it:
Five Things we Learned from motherwell vs STEVIE G's REBORN RANGERS:
1) Bigirimana can be trusted in "big" games. His effort level was as good as it's been for us and by my biased view, was pretty much the best man in midfield today. His delivery from set pieces was crucial today. This is the player we hoped we'd got last season - up to him to show it again. MOTM.
2) Curtis Main looked like himself today. Whether he takes a few weeks to get going or he was just more motivated, I thought he gave the (hilariously poor but much hyped ) Rangers defence a right hard game of it.
3) Danny Johnston will be our top scorer this season.
4) Rangers have the most unlikable forward line since Hitler and Himler starred together for the Third Reich Strollers between the wars - absolute cunthooks both.
5) 
nintchdbpict000361862804.jpg?strip=all%26w=960%26quality=100&key=c77489c5e496512037424f942584be243f280e39b7bc31a6131ec4e22728a141

IMG-20180826-WA0000.jpg

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Absolutely glorious to get an equaliser with the last kick of the ball after Rangers had time wasted almost the entire second half. Can't remember being so dominant against them for an entire 45 mins

Adds to the lol's that it had to be big Pete who rocked up with it too after the midweek furore. 

Ironic that their fans got so wound up over a comment about a burst nose and a bit of blood , then 5000 of them turn up today and sing songs about being up to their knees in the stuff. 

Happy Sunday 'Well fans. 

I can remember 180 of them mate

JS64950965.jpg

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Three Lower League titles and the Challenge Cup.

What's the 5th star for?

Friendship cup or whatever it was called that they were claiming was a precursor to winning everything in the summer of Pedro. 

Rubbish 2nd half performance. Especially the last 20 minutes or so. Corner after corner for the Well. Cross after cross.

They deserved that point there. Probably should have had all 3 considering some of the chances and half chances they had near the end.

Tavernier and Goldson were both poor defensively. Need to be a lot better on Thursday if we are go through to the group stages.

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I can remember 180 of them mate

JS64950965.jpg

Love that pic, one of the best lolz goals of all time. 

Cammy Bell !!! 

I stand corrected, in their short history we have regularly bodied them all over the place. 

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Gerrard is associated with some of the most outrageous diving and cheating in the history of football so it's no surprise Rangers will be cheating their way to draws against fellow provincials this term.

FTFY

Gerrard has gone so far as to not only polish the turd but throw some paint and a bow on it as well.

He’s fooling no one.

Heard something similar from some wag sat behind me the other night, ‘you can’t polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter” !![emoji846]

5 hours ago, bennett said:

The important thing today is avoiding any injuries and suspensions, Robinson will have his thugs set up to do some damage and to go down at the slightest touch.

Ha ha. I’m only at page 8 of this thread and already I’m reading pish. Did you see your players kicking Hartley when on the ground at the goalmouth or were you too busy wiping the egg from your blue tinted spectacles. What Hartley said was poor. For opposition players to kick him on the ground was far poorer.

7 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Ha ha. I’m only at page 8 of this thread and already I’m reading pish. Did you see your players kicking Hartley when on the ground at the goalmouth or were you too busy wiping the egg from your blue tinted spectacles. What Hartley said was poor. For opposition fans to kick him on the ground was far poorer.

Rangers fans were kicking him?

Ha ha. I’m only at page 8 of this thread and already I’m reading pish. Did you see your players kicking Hartley when on the ground at the goalmouth or were you too busy wiping the egg from your blue tinted spectacles. What Hartley said was poor. For opposition fans to kick him on the ground was far poorer.
Opposition fans?

b7ewwl%20(1).jpeg

Archived