Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 26th August

We go into this meeting with a Stevie Gerrard led Rangers still looking for our first league goals and points. I've not seen much of Rangers so far this season but they will likely be missing Jamie Murphy for this one, whilst unfortunate for the player I'm not too disappointed that he's missing this game as he was bound to score against us again.

I don't see us getting much joy here again sadly. Danny Johnson has to start and he'll be our goal threat but I can't see past a frustrating afternoon and a narrow loss.

1-0 Rangers.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Craig Thomson is the ref for this game, I thought we'd seen the last of that clown.

As for the game it's going to be our lack of goal threat that is going to kill us. Johnson apart we have little creativity up front and by all accounts, they seem to have strengthened at the back this season and of course have McGregor back in goals so it's unlikely we'll score in this one. The best result we can hope for here is 0-0 I think.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Another couple of injuries coming up then, great.

If it's Craig Thomson, then we're definitely dropping points here.

Man up. 

As for Cheat Thompson. 5 red cards last season and all Motherwell players ! 2 were rescinded at least another would have been if we could have been arsed. I made it 1 legitimate red card in 5 and you r fkin complaining ! 

Three in the one game at the beginning of the season too! Then of course he ended the League Cup Final as a contest and did his best to hamper us again later in the season by again sending off Kipre for nothing. I don't think he's a cheat he's just an extremely arrogant and pedantic man who seems to revel in making himself the main talking point in matches. 

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

This is one of the 3 (or 4) threads a season where MJC acts normal.  In essence only reminding us that the rest of the time he is a try-hard troll.

There is a time and a place for everything. When it involves Motherwell FC I am always serious.

1 hour ago, The_Craig said:

Jamie Murphy out for the rest of the season after doing his knee on Sunday.

On a purely footballing note, it's a blessing for Motherwell that he won't be facing us but it's shite news for him and Rangers and I take no pleasure from the news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45273618

Shame about Murphy.  He seems to be one of the good guys.  Still, we have Lafferty as a near-replacement so are no weaker than we were last week.

We've had a decent start to the season so I'd expect us to win on Sunday.

3 hours ago, The_Craig said:

Jamie Murphy out for the rest of the season after doing his knee on Sunday.

On a purely footballing note, it's a blessing for Motherwell that he won't be facing us but it's shite news for him and Rangers and I take no pleasure from the news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45273618

Aye it's a shame for Murphy to pick up an injury like that at his stage in his career. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, he's a good guy who did really well for us and conducted himself well when and since leaving. I'm relieved he won't be playing against us on Sunday though.

On another note they have signed Kyle Lafferty who almost always scores against us especially at Fir Park no matter who he plays for and I don't see him failing to do so again at the weekend.

#Motherwell captain Peter Hartley on game against #Rangers:

“When we cross the white line on Sunday there won’t be much respect shown to be honest.”

On games against Rangers last season: “I think (Bowman) broke a boys nose didn’t he so that was fun to watch him weeping”

tenor.gif?itemid=8493705

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

#Motherwell captain Peter Hartley on game against #Rangers:

“When we cross the white line on Sunday there won’t be much respect shown to be honest.”

On games against Rangers last season: “I think (Bowman) broke a boys nose didn’t he so that was fun to watch him weeping”

tenor.gif?itemid=8493705

Honestly could not be any more on board with this.

The replies tho...

giphy.gif

Archived