Anyone know who Jackie Scarlett was

mensadan

24 minutes ago, mensadan said:

Anyone know who Jackie Scarlett was in relation to the " Jackie Scarlett League Cup "

I believe he was the owner of the Darlington Hotel in Ayr that was a famous haunt years ago

Cutty Young was also the manager there 

i also believe that Jackie came from the Ardrossan area but could be wrong 

if you are struggling for any specific details let me know as I have a relative that worked for him all those years ago

A previous head of MI6.

A famous British General of Cavalry during the Crmean War.

Will Scarletts father in Robin Hoods gang.

All of these are true.

Thank to Billy XBoswell for the answer I was seeking, I am in the process of writing a book just now on the history of my local Junior football team ( Ardrossan Winton Rovers ) and had a few loose ends to tie up. Thanks Billy.  Thanks to all the other up and coming budding comedians with their thoughts on the subject.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:43, Billy XBoswell said:

I believe he was the owner of the Darlington Hotel in Ayr that was a famous haunt years ago

Cutty Young was also the manager there 

i also believe that Jackie came from the Ardrossan area but could be wrong 

if you are struggling for any specific details let me know as I have a relative that worked for him all those years ago

This was from the programme when we played Whitletts last year....

"Various people have strived to keep the club alive over the years, with honourable mentions here to some including Jackie and George Scarlett and former Partick Thistle hero Bobby Lawrie."

….but I'll be buggered if I can find where I got that from now.

2 hours ago, mensadan said:

Thank to Billy XBoswell for the answer I was seeking, I am in the process of writing a book just now on the history of my local Junior football team ( Ardrossan Winton Rovers ) and had a few loose ends to tie up. Thanks Billy.  Thanks to all the other up and coming budding comedians with their thoughts on the subject.

Speak to Drew Cochrane...I'm sure he discussed John Scarlett in his wee book on the history of the Ayrshire Juniors.

Archived