Scotland Under 21 Squad

Honest_Ally

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not having a go at you specifically, but I've noticed a few people talking about his "wonder goal from forty yards" since it happened, and everyone seems to make it sound like a screamer, when the truth is he successfully passed a ball thirty yards into an unguarded net under no pressure. 

He hit it first time with his left foot

If you don't understand how difficult that is then you've obviously never played football

On 14/09/2018 at 10:08, MarkoRaj said:

He hit it first time with his left foot

If you don't understand how difficult that is then you've obviously never played football

You obviously never played football if you think kicking a ball 35 yards into an empty net is difficult,  amatuer level strikers to do this 9/10  times. 

33 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

You obviously never played football if you think kicking a ball 35 yards into an empty net is difficult,  amatuer level strikers to do this 9/10  times. 

Just you keep your slaverings to yourself you cretin

On 13/09/2018 at 18:40, kenny131 said:

I suspect a million miles away he's an utter cart horse as far as strikers go in today's football his best chance to make it is convert to a CB or his destiny awaits in English league 1

Why do you bother following football?  All you have to say is how shite everything is.  I don't know how you get through each day being such a massive wet wipe.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:44, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We could catch England if they lost to Andorra... unlikely

We need to win both games to even stand a chance of being one of the best 4 runners up and even then it might not be enough to get in the playoffs.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:50, HibeeJibee said:

True.

I was discounting a side which has won 1 qualifier in history (H v Lithuania last campaign) winning at the unbeaten group leaders, World & Toulon champions and European Semi-finalists.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:31, Gordopolis said:

3-0 Andorra

England 7-0 Andorra yesterday.

Winning our last 2 games would give us 16pts in the 2nd-place rank.

Still possible for top 4 but currently reads Croatia (16pts), Romania (15pts), Sweden (14pts), Austria (12pts - 2 games left).

16 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Is tonight's game on TV or YouTube or anything?

Doesn't look like it.

There is a website which shows a lot of u21 games legally (https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/live-schedule). Annoyingly it blocks connections from the two countries involved in the game though. I might have a quick trip to France or Ireland around 5pm to watch it...

Team per flashscores is (I'm guessing 4-2-3-1)

Robbie McCrorie

Liam Smith - David Bates - Ryan Porteous - Greg Taylor

Allan Campbell - Ross McCrorie

Chris Cadden - Stevie Mallan - Lewis Morgan

Eamonn Brophy

Team per flashscores is (I'm guessing 4-2-3-1)
Robbie McCrorie
Liam Smith - David Bates - Ryan Porteous - Greg Taylor
Allan Campbell - Ross McCrorie
Chris Cadden - Stevie Mallan - Lewis Morgan
Eamonn Brophy

God forbid the U21s play the same formation as the first team.

31 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

God forbid the U21s play the same formation as the first team.

I think most (all?) of the teams were normally playing 4-2-3-1 while Strachan was there. 

i.e. it's McLeish who has moved the first team away from that system, rather than the other teams moving away from it.

Archived