Brechin City v Dumbarton

Great result today, I must have been watching a different match from everyone else as I thought we controlled most of the game, until there goal we completely dominated, it’s a fluke but our keeper must do better!!! The second half again we looked the more likely but a bit of slack play seen us lose the ball in a bad area (handball I was right behind it) and there trialist scored a goal worthy of winning any game!!! We find ourself 2 down which I think was very harsh, we continued pushing and got a deserved goal after hill hitting the post and a couple of goal box scramashes , I genuinely don’t think we deserved to lose the game but to win it in the fashion we did  was great! 

Hope Hills injury isn’t to bad, not like him to go off, hope he’s not out long he’s a big player for us! Hopefully pabz and j tapping are back soon

smith and Mcgeever where rocks it’s worth mentioning 

still not a fan of boris but he scored 2 so what do I know

dumbarton have a good team on paper but it’s an aging team and all there bigger names look past it, no pace in there team what so ever , 

game was a good watch

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Great result today, I must have been watching a different match from everyone else as I thought we controlled most of the game, until there goal we completely dominated, it’s a fluke but our keeper must do better!!! The second half again we looked the more likely but a bit of slack play seen us lose the ball in a bad area (handball I was right behind it) and there trialist scored a goal worthy of winning any game!!! We find ourself 2 down which I think was very harsh, we continued pushing and got a deserved goal after hill hitting the post and a couple of goal box scramashes , I genuinely don’t think we deserved to lose the game but to win it in the fashion we did  was great! 

Hope Hills injury isn’t to bad, not like him to go off, hope he’s not out long he’s a big player for us! Hopefully pabz and j tapping are back soon

dumbarton have a good team on paper but it’s an aging team and all there bigger names look past it, no pace in there team what so ever , 

game was a good watch

How come? 

I thought he looked excellent today. For such a small guy he's excellent in the air, and his use of the ball looked pretty decent - that's before you mention his goals! I thought he looked like the sort of livewire forward you badly, badly needed last season.

The last 30 minutes of the game was, of course,  a nightmare not helped by a series of completely bizarre decisions by the referee and perfectly audible, completely wrong advice by the linesman on several occasions. None of that is an excuse. We were 2-0 up and pretty much in control of the game. The Brechin players were arguing amongst themselves.

Four points from twelve is not a good return for the squad that has been assembled and with injuries piling up, Paton's injury looked like a hamstring, it's not looking like there's improvement on the horizon.

There can be no excuses and it has to be said that I don't think there'd be many dissenting voices were a change in management to be the outcome of the start we've made.

MUD JIFFY (Anag)

A fantastic result today.2 nil down to win 3 -2 .When was the last time we scored 3 goals.Thought it was thoroughly deserved McGeever was excellent and our defence will be even stronger when McLean is back.Boris the wee live wire is what we've been needing to compliment Jackson.

Downside is this result has saved Dodds for another week at least.

3 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The last 30 minutes of the game was, of course,  a nightmare not helped by a series of completely bizarre decisions by the referee and perfectly audible, completely wrong advice by the linesman on several occasions. None of that is an excuse. We were 2-0 up and pretty much in control of the game. The Brechin players were arguing amongst themselves.

Four points from twelve is not a good return for the squad that has been assembled and with injuries piling up, Paton's injury looked like a hamstring, it's not looking like there's improvement on the horizon.

There can be no excuses and it has to be said that I don't think there'd be many dissenting voices were a change in management to be the outcome of the start we've made.

MUD JIFFY (Anag)

Three weeks he'll be out for I'm told.

I think the second part sums up exactly how I feel to be honest. I like Stevie. I've always said that. He comes across as a good guy, handles himself really well and has achieved some smashing results with us. I'd love for him to turn us into promotions contenders, and I'm certainly not the sort of guy to stand shouting "CHUCK IT AIKEN" every week. He'll be hurting as much as we are.

However. For all but about six months since the start of the 2016/17 campaign we've played poor football and our form has been pretty desperate. If he's to stay on then I expect a massive upturn in form soon. If he's to go (and I've always said Stenny is the game that I think we'll know, deep down, how this season is going) then I'll wish him all the best and start getting excited about who we bring in - even if the options look to all be gambles (I suppose all managerial appointments are gambles really).

At the moment things feel stale. A Brechin fan mentioned a losing mentality earlier on this thread when discussing Darren Dods' future, and I think that's exactly what we've got. The defeats don't hurt as much as they did, and Stevie just seems to be throwing darts blindfolded hoping that something will come good.

I could see that coming shortly after Brechin scored their first. We seemed to revert to Championship tactics of trying to defend a one goal lead and couldn't prevent the equaliser. We did push up a bit after that and I suppose with a wee bit more luck in the penalty box, we might've scored but hey-ho. And then to cap a fine afternoon, we concede again and Alloa's late equaliser bust my coupon.

The steak pie was lovely though!

47 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

A fantastic result today.2 nil down to win 3 -2 .When was the last time we scored 3 goals.Thought it was thoroughly deserved McGeever was excellent and our defence will be even stronger when McLean is back.Boris the wee live wire is what we've been needing to compliment Jackson.

Downside is this result has saved Dodds for another week at least.

Well well well

The thing is, the injuries are excusable and we would all happily cut Aitken some slack for that. However, what is not excusable is to capitulate after having a 2-0 lead against a side with probably the lowest morale in the SPFL. It sounded as though Brechin wanted it more, and that is just completely unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Overthehedge1 said:

game was a good watch

Are you Soccer Guy on Twitter?

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Are you Soccer Guy on Twitter?

There was a Brechin fan talking to some guys beside me with the most amazing American accent pre-match.

"Dum-Bardon" just sounds so cool. If it is overthehedge then I want SonsTV to employ him for commentary :lol:

A few of our fans on questioning the referee. I wasn't at the game so can't comment but this seems to be the cry every week at the minute. The referees are not costing us games, our squad of unmotivated players and crap tactics are.

37 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

A few of our fans on questioning the referee. I wasn't at the game so can't comment but this seems to be the cry every week at the minute. The referees are not costing us games, our squad of unmotivated players and crap tactics are.

The referee and the hedge-side linesman were both absolutely woeful.

Stonewall penalty missed. Basic throw-ins or Dumbarton corners given the other way. They were as bad as I've seen and I generally don't criticise officials.

44 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

There was a Brechin fan talking to some guys beside me with the most amazing American accent pre-match.

"Dum-Bardon" just sounds so cool. If it is overthehedge then I want SonsTV to employ him for commentary :lol:

He's the guy who does hedge TV right enough Ha ha . 

On a sour note me and my daughter were standing below the camera hut and during 2nd half all hell broke loose from the City Fans from up North and some older guys beside them  . The language from the guys from the north was absolutely terrible and her kids were nt any better . I don't know there names but they should be ashamed of themselves . One of the guys goes to away games with the Undateables. 

This on a day when things were actually going well . 

I'm sure she's from up Buchan way .If that's what she bringing to Glebe Park she should stay up there and support Peterheed or who ever . 

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Stonewall penalty missed. Basic throw-ins or Dumbarton corners given the other way. They were as bad as I've seen and I generally don't criticise officials.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The ref was bad but in no way in favour of City. What about Boris being cut in half on the edge of the Dumbarton penalty box? Ref didn’t even look at Boris lying in a heap never mind give a foul. Also at least two throw ins given the wrong way in Dumbarton’ favour. Equally bad for both sides.

7 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

On a sour note me and my daughter were standing below the camera hut and during 2nd half all hell broke loose from the City Fans from up North and some older guys beside them  . The language from the guys from the north was absolutely terrible and her kids were nt any better . I don't know there names but they should be ashamed of themselves . One of the guys goes to away games with the Undateables. 

I'm sure she's from up Buchan way .If that's what she bringing to Glebe Park she should stay up there and support Peterheed or who ever . 

I don't believe he has a voice like that and doesn't use it for commentary!

6 hours ago, OldRed said:

The ref was bad but in no way in favour of City. What about Boris being cut in half on the edge of the Dumbarton penalty box? Ref didn’t even look at Boris lying in a heap never mind give a foul. Also at least two throw ins given the wrong way in Dumbarton’ favour. Equally bad for both sides.

Stonewall penalty denied trumps foul on the edge of the box.

8 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I was standing there I think "all hell broke loose" is being a bit dramatic :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I was standing there I think "all hell broke loose" is being a bit dramatic :rolleyes:

She just flew into a foul mouthed rant .The 7 or 8 guy s were everything from C*@T s to B*stards  , maybe all hell broke out in a verbal context then haha . The guys she was screaming at are all okay ones even a police officer .

Archived