Brechin City v Dumbarton

Stevie's excuses about injuries would've washed if we'd jobbered our way to a point or narrow defeat. But even with injuries we should be able to see out a game where we're 2-0 up against a side in rotten form with 30 odd minutes to go.

Still. Only the two and a half hours home :lol:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0 up and Aitken has got it right. 3-2 and he's got it wrong again.

Reality is that at 2-0 we started to ease off. Guys were playing well within themselves. Brechin got their first and their heads went up. We looked to panic and allowed terrible officials to get to us. 

We had the best of the first half and that 2nd goal should have put Brechin out of it, but we switched off and let them back into it. At 2-2 you could see Brechin snatching it.

Pass marks for Little at right back. Defence never really convinced. Hutton and Beany did well. So did Forbes when he came on.

Big question over Grant Adam and it's worrying that a couple of the goals came down our left. Barr can't let himself get wound up.  Rory Loy looks like he couldn't buy a goal 

3 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Stevie's excuses about injuries would've washed if we'd jobbered our way to a point or narrow defeat. But even with injuries we should be able to see out a game where we're 2-0 up against a side in rotten form with 30 odd minutes to go.

Still. Only the two and a half hours home :lol:

‘We were dead on our feet’

’We’re a real scalp for everyone now’.

If someone like jim duffy had this team we would be THE team to beat.He would get the best out of a decent squad.SA is unable to do that with us now.He might be able to do so at another club but his time with us has reached its natural end.IMHO

No defending him now. Aitken has to go. What a sorry mess he has developed since last season. I fear he will still be in charge for our next match

No 'fear' about it as far as I'm concerned. He'll absolutely be in the charge for the next match and a few after that. Our board don't do knee jerk reactions I wouldn't say.

Thought we just did enough to win .Surprised how bad The Sons are considering the squad of players they have .

We controlled first 20 mins without looking dangerous .Dumbarton huffed n puffed but after Barrs freaky goal we fell right out of it and started to look poor again .

Then 2nd half Dumbarton goal leads a charmed life they break away and guy scores a screamer. But we kept plugging away and the hard working Boris got his rewards . 

Well worked equaliser and from then on it always looked we could snatch it . 

We have to keep this going though although any injuries and we re goosed as we ve nought on bench at all .

Everyone speaking about 3 signings coming in . But it ll all be hush hush I guess 

Lolz. We were rotten in the first half and I never saw us getting anything out of the game, even before we went behind. I thought barr's goal was a fluke tho i may be doing him a disservice. The second was a good hit though. Not really sure where the improvement came from but we did raise our game a bit down the hill in the 2nd and Dumbarton just weren't able to exert any control over the game. Tapping was good in the second half. Jacko worked his socks off, as per, and I am quite liking what I see of Sean Burns. Boris was the star tho, even had he not scored twice. For a boy half the size of Isaac Layne (and having to work with the ball being hoofed up in the air for you to battle against the likes of big Andy dowie)he s twice the player. Kalvin Orsi really made some meaningful contributions too. Hope Dougie's not badly injured

we've got a long way to go and this might just be papering over the cracks but a win like that will do a lot. 

Dumbarton, well... you look at the names on the teamsheet and think they should have had far too much for us. And alright, they had a bunch of injuries but so did we - think they fielded three subs and we had four. But once we got back into the game they just had too many big (sic) names go missing. Rory loy never showed up in the first place. willie Dyer was better for them than he was for us last season tho that's not saying much. Grant Adam - I hope he turned out as a favour today and isn't actually getting paid for his efforts. Forbes did ok when he came on and the trialist had something about him.

To be fair there was what looked like a decent shout for a pen at the far end and a couple of chances for Dumbarton but the space opened up, Orsi got a run and there was boris scuttling along on his arse to fiddle it over the line. Happy days and all is a bit rosier in the garden ahead of the second Angus derby next week. 

Lolz. We were rotten in the first half and I never saw us getting anything out of the game, even before we went behind. I thought barr's goal was a fluke tho i may be doing him a disservice. The second was a good hit though. Not really sure where the improvement came from but we did raise our game a bit down the hill in the 2nd and Dumbarton just weren't able to exert any control over the game. Tapping was good in the second half. Jacko worked his socks off, as per, and I am quite liking what I see of Sean Burns. Boris was the star tho, even had he not scored twice. For a boy half the size of Isaac Layne (and having to work with the ball being hoofed up in the air for you to battle against the likes of big Andy dowie)he s twice the player. Kalvin Orsi really made some meaningful contributions too. Hope Dougie's not badly injured
we've got a long way to go and this might just be papering over the cracks but a win like that will do a lot. 
Dumbarton, well... you look at the names on the teamsheet and think they should have had far too much for us. And alright, they had a bunch of injuries but so did we - think they fielded three subs and we had four. But once we got back into the game they just had too many big (sic) names go missing. Rory loy never showed up in the first place. willie Dyer was better for them than he was for us last season tho that's not saying much. Grant Adam - I hope he turned out as a favour today and isn't actually getting paid for his efforts. Forbes did ok when he came on and the trialist had something about him.
To be fair there was what looked like a decent shout for a pen at the far end and a couple of chances for Dumbarton but the space opened up, Orsi got a run and there was boris scuttling along on his arse to fiddle it over the line. Happy days and all is a bit rosier in the garden ahead of the second Angus derby next week. 

Willie Dyer was better for us last season than this one.

By the way, can I just say how much I like Brechin City as a club. Glebe Park is obviously a great stadium, but everyone just seems so friendly. From the guy on the gate who let me go and get my phone from the car to the City fans I was chatting to at full-time.

A great bunch of lads.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well done, City, I thought you were dead and buried at 0-2.

5 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Result was never in doubt :whistle

:thumsup2

Archived