Brechin City v Dumbarton

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Whilst it’s too early in the season for a ‘must-win game’, this is a game we could really do with winning.

It's not must win in the sense that we won't be able to catch whoever is at the top with the remaining games, but it's probably must win in terms of management and playing staff getting the fans onside. A defeat here to Brechin who have a wholly negative feel about them this season and a gaffer who is probably under more pressure than Aitken to get things right and it's difficult to see Aitken recover sufficiently to win fans over.

We won here twice last year, once with a bit of luck and once fairly convincingly. It's not an easy place to go though and I think our injury situation at the back could make things difficult to take all 3 points. Praying that finally Cammy Ballantyne has recovered, we all saw how important our full backs were to our team last year and I get the feeling Ballantyne is a bit of a missing link in this years team - we've seen very little overlapping of our wide men so far and when you've got players with very little pace like Forbes or Paton playing there then it's vital to have pace playing off them.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's not must win in the sense that we won't be able to catch whoever is at the top with the remaining games, but it's probably must win in terms of management and playing staff getting the fans onside. A defeat here to Brechin who have a wholly negative feel about them this season and a gaffer who is probably under more pressure than Aitken to get things right and it's difficult to see Aitken recover sufficiently to win fans over.

We won here twice last year, once with a bit of luck and once fairly convincingly. It's not an easy place to go though and I think our injury situation at the back could make things difficult to take all 3 points. Praying that finally Cammy Ballantyne has recovered, we all saw how important our full backs were to our team last year and I get the feeling Ballantyne is a bit of a missing link in this years team - we've seen very little overlapping of our wide men so far and when you've got players with very little pace like Forbes or Paton playing there then it's vital to have pace playing off them.

You ll win no problem .The days of away teams being wary of the Glebe are long long gone . We are pants

At the post match v Montrose Dods blamed the poor first 20 min display on 'getting back home from Peterhead at 2am from the Tuesday night game'. This was 4 days ago Darren! If they had played extra time then yes i can accept that, but not this excuse.

I'm sorry but time has run out for him.

59 minutes ago, Diamond Smiles said:

At the post match v Montrose Dods blamed the poor first 20 min display on 'getting back home from Peterhead at 2am from the Tuesday night game'. This was 4 days ago Darren! If they had played extra time then yes i can accept that, but not this excuse.

I'm sorry but time has run out for him.

So getting home at 2.30am 4 days ago is acceptable, 2am 4 days ago not?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

So getting home at 2.30am 4 days ago is acceptable, 2am 4 days ago not?

I think the point was that Dods is trying to look for excuses but coming up with the same ones he used all last season. :(

He has run his course . 

Hopefully we can get a result on Saturday and a performance like the East Fife game . ............But it's not easy predicting which team is going to turn up. 

15 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

3 pts would be great for m,orale but i fancy a draw for this one.A lot at stake for both managers.

Why is Aitken under pressure ? It's hardly a disaster your start to season and no shame on being relegated last season you guys have done part time footy proud . Swap fortunes with you guys any day . You ve a great squad once you gel you won t be far away 

9 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Why is Aitken under pressure ? It's hardly a disaster your start to season and no shame on being relegated last season you guys have done part time footy proud . Swap fortunes with you guys any day . You ve a great squad once you gel you won t be far away 

A season and a half of fairly dreadful, negative performances has the majority of the Sons fans wanting Aitken out the door. A home defeat to Forfar didn't help either. You're right, we aren't exactly struggling, but again we're not where we want to be. I think the worry for most Sons fans is that the team doesn't gel and we end up with another season of inconsistent and shite performances.  

I hope it all comes together, but we need everyone fit and sharp for that and right now we look to be a far way off that.

Archived