Berwick v Annan

Let's move on.

Well, at least we'll be underdogs. Hoping for Annan to be complacent and Berwick to have had a good heart to heart at training and come out fighting.

Maybe Ogilvie will start along with Orru, but it doesn't much matter. The team generally just needs to be as angry as everyone else was at Cowden, and come out and show that they believe in themselves.

Hope Annan come by train, as Northern are on strike.

Would love to see Annan attack this game and pick up another 3 points, but I am going for a 1-1 draw, followed by a win at home to Clyde. Would love to take all 6 points, of course. Momentum is so important in this game! 

Having been to Annan many times full of optimism, and returned full of disappointment (and their excellent pies) its never been a place we do well. So, believing our players will look forward to this and will show what we can do at home; 2nd half v Stirling being the benchmark. Let 2nd stage of SPFL2 Fortress Shielfield commence.

Gonna get spanked probs, the real important fixture is next week v. Albion Rovers. Get a six point gap over them and that's the fight for 10th place finished.
Spanked? Don't think so. Albion game important? Absolutely.

6 points ahead of Albino's and last place decided? Love to think so, but unlikely. Shouldn't be a factor.

Good noisy home crowd on Saturday supporting the boys, 3 points in the bag, beers before and sausage supper with curry sauce from the van. Carlsberg day.

2 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Looking forward to the trip to Berwick on Saturday. Think we'll take all 3 points to be honest.

We should take 3 points, but we all know football is never that straight forward. I know I put 1-1, but I am feeling more optimistic as we get closer to the game, now going for 1-3. I just think if we can win and win well, be can keep the momentum going. #uptheblackandgold

No idea what our team will be tomorrow. The Manager could make changes after a gruesome 4-0 defeat at Beath, but doesn't have a lot to choose from. Our bench players have so far proved that they have been there for a reason.

Wilson is apparently suspended after his red card last week (I thought that only happened for straight reds, not 2 yellows, but there you go).

Orru presumably, maybe even Chapman and Ogilvie, perhaps a 2nd chance for Neil after a pish debut? Who knows. Once again though, it will be attitude that matters most. 

Lose an early goal like we often do, and it could go tits up.   0-0 after 30 minutes and I'll fancy our chances.

First of all 0-3 flattered a bang average Annan side. Stupid goal to give away early in the game when we were on top.

Second Half we looked like we'd come out of it with a draw at worst, should have had a penalty when the Annan keeper punched Murrell. Didn't get the breaks at vital times and Olly's goal looked on-side. 

Second goal killed the game, great cross when Adams was stargazing between the posts.

Another flury from Berwick followed including the pass of the game by John Neil but as per the first 9 games there was nobody to get on the end of it.

Lead-up to the third goal was comical defending, Ross Brown left one short to Fleming who lunged at his opponent on the edge of the box. Well taken free kick but Adams was slow getting down.

Hugely disappointing result in a winnable game. More experienced players again dreadful. O'Kane can't pass wind, Phillips and Murrell want ten mins on the ball and three fields to play in. Brown has quickly played a wonderful part of the invisible man.  Todd and Healy were by far our best on the day.

Now we have the pleasure of certain locals that don't go to games telling us where we are going wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Annan Massive said:

Aye bring them on and lets hope that they bring their weegie pounds with them to fill our coffers !!
#MonTheAnnan

Shame that more people from Annan and the surrounding area do not come along, and shout them on. This game is a lot to do with momentum. A great 0-3  away win, and a bigger crowd next week, would be what the doctor ordered. But the numbers as per will depend on the away following! Sad really. 

Awful. Class and rubbish. And the biggest rubbish came from our most experienced players.

Passing to one another came naturally to Annan - I wonder, perhaps, if they practice positional stuff  at training? - but it seemed an alien concept to us.

And where was the passion, the geeing up, the leader? 

Feel sorry for Healy and Todd, but overall that was just shite.

2 hours ago, AAFCSim said:

Shame that more people from Annan and the surrounding area do not come along, and shout them on. This game is a lot to do with momentum. A great 0-3  away win, and a bigger crowd next week, would be what the doctor ordered. But the numbers as per will depend on the away following! Sad really. 

It won't help that Queens are at home to Ayr next week and are also off the back of a good result. (Infact add Stranraer and we have an 8-0 D&G aggregate today!)

Teams all over suffer from locals travelling to watch the Old Firm instead of their local club, and with Annan being a relatively young team at this level we have to face it we also share fans who go to Dumfries or Carlisle instead of Galabank.

Anyway, great result and great to see the goal scoring run continue. More of the same next week please!

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

It won't help that Queens are at home to Ayr next week and are also off the back of a good result. (Infact add Stranraer and we have an 8-0 D&G aggregate today!)

Teams all over suffer from locals travelling to watch the Old Firm instead of their local club, and with Annan being a relatively young team at this level we have to face it we also share fans who go to Dumfries or Carlisle instead of Galabank.

Anyway, great result and great to see the goal scoring run continue. More of the same next week please!

Yep, this is true. I follow a Carlisle as well, as I live in Carlisle. It normally (not always) works out that Carlisle are away when Annan are at home. Even though Carlisle are on a good run, I prefer to visit Galabank. 

Lets hope the good run continues and we see more coming through the turnstile to support the black & gold. 

First of all 0-3 flattered a bang average Annan side. Stupid goal to give away early in the game when we were on top.
Second Half we looked like we'd come out of it with a draw at worst, should have had a penalty when the Annan keeper punched Murrell. Didn't get the breaks at vital times and Olly's goal looked on-side. 
Second goal killed the game, great cross when Adams was stargazing between the posts.
Another flury from Berwick followed including the pass of the game by John Neil but as per the first 9 games there was nobody to get on the end of it.
Lead-up to the third goal was comical defending, Ross Brown left one short to Fleming who lunged at his opponent on the edge of the box. Well taken free kick but Adams was slow getting down.
Hugely disappointing result in a winnable game. More experienced players again dreadful. O'Kane can't pass wind, Phillips and Murrell want ten mins on the ball and three fields to play in. Brown has quickly played a wonderful part of the invisible man.  Todd and Healy were by far our best on the day.
Now we have the pleasure of certain locals that don't go to games telling us where we are going wrong. 

Regretfully, a pretty fair summary. As Redcar said earlier, if we could be 0-0 after 30 mins, we might do well. A simple hopeful punt for the first goal after all of 8 minutes, when our back four just weren't in a line and the deep guys played him on..... Generally, again, boys worked hard but lacked Annan's clinical finish.

Still can't see why our goal was chalked off. I was in line and it didn't look offside: keeper was lucky after handling error. And when he then assaulted Murrell, when beaten to the high ball.....distant relation to Mr Dickinson? Hey ho, that's fitba....

3 points away next week is far from impossible.

Archived