St Mirren vs Livi // Fantastic vs Plastic

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair fucks to Livi, could've easily been 3 or 4 nil and we'd still have absolutely no complaints.

The lack of movement off the ball going forward would be worrying enough even if we had a solid defence.

Not sure whether Cammy coming on or Madsen finally winning a header got the biggest cheer of the day.

Woeful day for Danny Mullen :D Brilliant. Just like I said in the last week, we're not missing much.

Phenomenal display from the boys, Hamilton looking better every game. Byrne is ridiculous though, absolutely crazy some of the things he does.

Easily our best performance of the season so far, and no coincidence that it's came when we've moved away from Kenny Miller's slow, ball-retention based style and got the thing up the park. Excellent to see Lithgow in about it today and he showed why he should be starting every week over Saunders. I went into this game expecting the worst to be honest, considering our front pairing was a midfielder and an 18 year-old with no top flight experience, in reality it could've been 4 or 5 if we had been a bit more clinical. Without sounding condescending to Saints, I doubt we'll have an easier game all season - what a turnaround from our last game in Paisley barely 4 months ago.

Various stories doing the rounds today, none of them positive!

Smith being told he can find a new club, S McGinn apparently at Stubbs throat during the week and most bizarrely apparently Stubbs has fallen out with Fitzy.

Now, none of that may be true but the way we played indicated an unhappy dressing room and it looked like influential players aren't playing for the manager.

The way he has handled signings and the constant negativity about the existing squad has been amateurish.  This isn't going to end well. For Christ sake don't give him any more transfer funds!

3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

The way he has handled signings and the constant negativity about the existing squad has been amateurish. 

Not seen anything about this but it sounds bad. 

I do feel a bit sorry for him; he's not Jack Ross, so the players were always going to be a bit disillusioned with him.

It doesn't sound like he's helping himself though. 

That was excellent today, we looked far more comfortable and it was good to see big Al in the team and grabbing a goal as a big get it up ye Kenny.

Shaun Byrne is an absolute class act another brilliant performance today. Good to see Brexit football back as opposed to that 4-4-1-Kenny pish.

Danny Mullen though :lol: he had a fucking awful game got absolutely nothing right and the miss hit shot summed him up. Also scoring seconds after the 'North Bank' told us they forgot we were there :lol:

Don't think I'm bucking the trend here by suggesting that was fucking awful.

What's more concerning is that we have a team that can compete, we had a formation today that could have competed, yet the one thing we most definitely didn't do is compete. Now I'm not really one to have a go at managers so early on in their tenure but that sort of lack of impetus is normally associated with behind the scenes issues. It could be worse, we could be Dundee, but I really feel Stubbs is going to have to go back to the drawing board.

Stubbs hasn't said nice things about his team:

"They have got five players over six foot and we have five defensive players out. What we had was bare bones and we knew they were going to be a threat from that kind of ball.

"But it doesn't make a difference if you are 5ft 10in or 6ft 2in, if you go and compete, you can win the ball. And I didn't think we competed enough.

"When I was playing, if I wasn't going to win it, you certainly weren't going to get a free header.

"Whatever means it takes - an elbow, head them in the back of the head, anything - but he doesn't get a free header. We have seen boys in their team getting free headers in the box, which I can't accept."

#BrexitballWannabe

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

So he's admitting the players won't put their heads in difficult places for him. It's not looking good. 

I'd get rid, but who'd want this job? 

Funnily enough I read a quote from Halkett a while ago where he said "we love putting our heads in where it hurts, fighting for the team. I love to defend and that's exactly what I love to do". Our back three all go for huge tackles, fly into everything with full commitment. They just don't give up on it. We had Saunders who was just the antithesis of it, he looked timid compared to our defenders - not surprised to see him out the squad today

No chance he's getting the Cilla Black after 3 league games though. The Rae situation was different, Scott took over the club with Rae in charge. We were rock bottom of the second tier with no win in 6 when Rae got the bullet.  Also getting rid of Stubbs would surely also mean getting rid of Rice and Jackson. I just can't see that happening right now.

That said not having a shot on target in a home game against a team we need to be competing with is dreadful.  Couple that with two utterly insipid performances at Ibrox and Pittodrie and it's not looking good. I've got no idea if these rumours about a rift in the dressing room are true but Stubbs' body language today didn't look like someone who is up for a fight.

We definitely need to strengthen the squad but I'm not sure I would trust Stubbs to bring in any more players. Our only new signing that would have got a game in last seasons squad is Paul McGinn, and he was signed by Jack Ross.

16 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

No chance he's getting the Cilla Black after 3 league games though. The Rae situation was different, Scott took over the club with Rae in charge. We were rock bottom of the second tier with no win in 6 when Rae got the bullet.  Also getting rid of Stubbs would surely also mean getting rid of Rice and Jackson. I just can't see that happening right now.

That said not having a shot on target in a home game against a team we need to be competing with is dreadful.  Couple that with two utterly insipid performances at Ibrox and Pittodrie and it's not looking good. I've got no idea if these rumours about a rift in the dressing room are true but Stubbs' body language today didn't look like someone who is up for a fight.

TBH, I expect defeats at Hearts and by Celtic. In that case it comes down to the Hamilton game. If we lose, and the rumours of team issues are true I think Scott will act. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Hope they've still got Jim Goodwin's number at the club...  

Let's not forget that he turned our job down in the summer. Would he take it now someone else has fucked loads of transfer budget right into the sea?

Jim will be handed the task of trying to get us back out the Championship.

Fantastic result today and well deserved. I thought the back 3 were solid today , Halkett was like a rock , Dec won everything and some good runs forward. Well done to big al who has stepped in after few games out team. Lawson looked ok he will get better im positive. Pitts was really good today great energy and some lovely touches. How good has shaun Byrne been this season? He has been tremendous. Crazy to think some players haven’t played in top flight of Scottish football and they have took it in there stride. Lawless looks a really tidy little player. Lamie was very good today also very strong and defended well. Hamilton and Robinson gave st Mirren defenders nightmares. Not a bad performance today and great win.

Let's not forget that he turned our job down in the summer. Would he take it now someone else has fucked loads of transfer budget right into the sea?
Jim will be handed the task of trying to get us back out the Championship.
The championship is where we belong unfortunately.

5 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

4 points from Celtic, Kilmarnock and St Mirren is an excellent start and a return I’m sure we’d have all taken when the fixtures came out. 

It is a decent total yep, I feel Miller has held us back though and it could've been even better, Killie was there to be beaten and in the cup game we'd def give Motherwell a harder game now. 

Archived