St Mirren vs Livi // Fantastic vs Plastic

I'm sure the Livi fans will have their minds elsewhere, but this is a pretty big game for both of us. Both sets of fans will be looking to take points here. We've got Hearts then Celtic after this one, so we need to make a decent fist here.

For us, who knows what the formation/strategy will be. Stubbs is still looking for AN Other player along with the reported (but not confirmed) Hodson. He's favoured a narrow side but the hammering Aberdeen gave us (and rightly so, we were terrible) I see that changing. If I was in charge, I'd match up with Livi, basically a 4-4-1-1 and we have the players to do that. Whether Stubbs will do this is anyone's guess.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuesday and Wednesday - Speculation continues over our next manager, Gary Holt re-emerges as favourite, Henrik Larsson once again peddled by the media. 

Thursday - Early morning bookies close the markets, Livi have chosen their new man quicker than expected, and it turns out to be Sir David Hopkin. Scenes. Kenny Miller also signs for St Mirren. 

Friday - Confirmation of the signing of this Lawson chap, followed a few hours later by a striker either on loan or a free agent, someone known to be quite shite like an Islam Feruz type. P&Bers are loving it. 

Saturday 4.45pm - Our Islam Feruz type striker has just completed his hattrick to start Hopkin's 2nd spell the same way he started his first; a 4-1 win in Paisley. Kenny Miller has a meltdown about his manager not being good enough. Everything is back to normal. 

Spoiler

Slightly dull 0-0 or 1-1 with both set of fans saying they deserved the win. 

Miller   -   Hamilton

Lawless   -   Pittman   -   Byrne   -   Robinson   -   Kaja

Lithgow   -   Halkett   -   Gallagher

Kelly

Assuming BSLM isn't injured for this, if he is then Robinson up front and Jacobs in midfield if he's fit enough. Would be good to see Sibbald back too but not sure how long he's out for. 

Hell knows what St Mirren will turn up on Saturday have seen nothing yet that suggests we will not be in a relegation battle. Will Miller being sacked have a negative impact on Livie ? If not they will be a hard nut to crack. Saints at home should see a home win hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
8 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:
When did you lot start playing a back 3? Last season it was a fairly straight forward 4-4-1-1 wasn't it?

We played with a back 3 for most of last season: Halkett, Lithgow and Gallagher.

Really? Weird, I mean we only met a few times but most of the time it looked like a back 4.

7 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Really? Weird, I mean we only met a few times but most of the time it looked like a back 4.

We played a back 4 a few times but that was mainly because we had injuries, and it was never as good as the 3-5-2 we used for the rest of the games. 

Even Kenny Miller started with 4 at the back I think to put his first stamp on things, but came to realise the players we have suit 3 at the back. 

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

We played a back 4 a few times but that was mainly because we had injuries, and it was never as good as the 3-5-2 we used for the rest of the games.

If it was against us then that might explain it. Stubbs is determined to go to a 4-3-3 but that leaves us open if the wingers in the front 3 or the relevant midfielders don't close down/track back the opposition wide men.

39 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
44 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:
When did you lot start playing a back 3? Last season it was a fairly straight forward 4-4-1-1 wasn't it?

We played with a back 3 for most of last season: Halkett, Lithgow and Gallagher.

Always liked the look of Gallacher anytime we played you, he stood out more than Halkett for me.

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

Wasn't he sacked? If so, it'll be more than just compensation.

No, we had a clause in the contract that before the 31st of August we were allowed to renegotiate. Our terms were that he had to give up playing and focus on being a manager and he refused.

Essentially he was giving a two month probationary period where we reserved the right to sack him without paying up the two year contract

Archived