The battle for 4th - Clyde v Edinburgh City

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking today, Edinburgh deserved their win, better all over the park.

Cogill is a decent enough player as long as it's in central defence, never a left back, gets found wanting to often.

Grant is a waste of space, very little skill and no commitment, thinks it's ok to stroll back, when he loses possession, which is quite often.

McStay would be good in a team that is coasting, but no good what so ever if your in a battle.

Boyle looked lightweight.

Although Nicol and Love didn't have great games, you can't fault their effort.

Very dissapointing afternoon, still can't understand why Grant got the full 90 minutes.

Thought we might struggle without DGW and a much improved Edinburgh but didnt think we would be as bad..

Either a bad day at office or thats how were going to look every game should DGW get injured,Car breaks down or catches a cold. Jeez louise someone wrap him in cotton wool...

Signing Hopkirk who then decided hes fell out of love with football AFTER putting pen to paper is unbelieavble & as much as im frustrated like us all its clearly not for the want of trying on management part with Gow unable to reach fitness,Ex Morton striker not good enough and lastly the lad from Ross County who opted for Elgin loan understandable for home/Travel reasons...

Finding a partner for goodwille we all agree is clearly a must but he has to be good enough as oppose to a panic signing...

Roll n sat & Cuppa T

Signing Hopkirk who then decided hes fell out of love with football AFTER putting pen to paper is unbelieavble

If this is the case surely his contract should have been cancelled by ‘mutual consent’ by now.

Watching much more of that toothless shite will have me falling out of love with football.

Thought we might struggle without DGW and a much improved Edinburgh but didnt think we would be as bad..

Either a bad day at office or thats how were going to look every game should DGW get injured,Car breaks down or catches a cold. Jeez louise someone wrap him in cotton wool...

Signing Hopkirk who then decided hes fell out of love with football AFTER putting pen to paper is unbelieavble & as much as im frustrated like us all its clearly not for the want of trying on management part with Gow unable to reach fitness,Ex Morton striker not good enough and lastly the lad from Ross County who opted for Elgin loan understandable for home/Travel reasons...

Finding a partner for goodwille we all agree is clearly a must but he has to be good enough as oppose to a panic signing...

Roll n sat & Cuppa T

Not for the want of trying ? We can't find a decent striker to partner DGW funny that Edinburgh could , while we sign three centre halves to join the the other two already there , the fans have backed them to the club to the hilt time we got something back huge game next week

I’ll be on a flight when this game is going on. Expecting the pilot to announcement on landing to be something along the lines of ‘welcome to Edinburgh where the local temperature is 12 degrees Celsius, the weather is overcast but dry and the local football team has just pumped Clyde 4-1 with a double from Scott Shepherd and 1 a piece for Blair Henderson and Robbie McIntyre'.

Flight slightly delayed but landed to the news that we’d comprehensively bodied Clyde. Lovely, lovely stuff.

Cuddihy is decent at right back, but in midfield he is one who is prepared to go past the striker. Why not play duffie and let cuddihy forward. 

Assuking Stewart had a knock of some sort or he’d have been on. After a good start, Rumsby is starting to give away goals, would rather Cogill was in there.

Boyle needs more around him to be effective. Mcstay was so so, Grant who I think has been pretty good was total garbage yesterday. 

A bad day all round, and now a trip to in form Annan. 

Cuddihy is decent at right back, but in midfield he is one who is prepared to go past the striker. Why not play duffie and let cuddihy forward. 
Assuking Stewart had a knock of some sort or he’d have been on. After a good start, Rumsby is starting to give away goals, would rather Cogill was in there.
Boyle needs more around him to be effective. Mcstay was so so, Grant who I think has been pretty good was total garbage yesterday. 
A bad day all round, and now a trip to in form Annan. 
Duffie had to be substituted after 18 mins after coming on as a sub , kinda sums him up perfectly he should never have been resigned bit harsh on Rumbsy until yesterday we only conceded 1 goal in three games if you want to go on poor performances apart from nicoll and cuddhy and mcniff doubt very many of the rest could argue at being dropped
Time for Lennon to get it sorted that's 3 of his summer signings can't even get into the starting 11

I agree, we miss Cuddihy in midfield, Lennon has some big decisions to make. The current midfield is not set up properly at all 

Too many similar players and he is shoehorning guys in to play all of them, therefore 2/3 of them are out of position, simply does not work!

Any 2 of Nicoll, Grant, McStay or Rankin need to be taken out. Stick remaining 2 in with Cuddihy and Lamont wide .  Obviously that means we need a right back and a forward. Dead easy this Fitba Management lark.

City did it yesterday guys playing in position and doing their job, obviously we helped by being utterly shocking.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Duffie had to be substituted after 18 mins after coming on as a sub , kinda sums him up perfectly he should never have been resigned bit harsh on Rumbsy until yesterday we only conceded 1 goal in three games if you want to go on poor performances apart from nicoll and cuddhy and mcniff doubt very many of the rest could argue at being dropped
Time for Lennon to get it sorted that's 3 of his summer signings can't even get into the starting 11

Was it another game duffie came back off? He didn’t come on yesterday. I just prefer Cogill to rumsby. 

Was it another game duffie came back off? He didn’t come on yesterday. I just prefer Cogill to rumsby. 
That was early in the season but really gives you the drift on where he is in the pecking order oh and didn't he play in the Hamilton debacle and we are playing a midfielder instead of him, I thought he was a good player but maybe his injury has finished him I would just get and get rid but easier said than done

I thought duffie was dreadful when he first came, but when he was properly fit I thought he was playing really well at the end of last season. Still think we’d have a more balanced team with cuddihy in midfield and duffie at rb. 

Another striker is a must. 

Duffie was poor last season except for the last 10 games where he was better defensively.

However, offensively his crossing is woeful. Even under no pressure he has no ability to put in dangerous crosses.

This season, when he's played, he is back to last season's poor early form.

Taking everything into account, he's just not good enough for Clyde and Cuddihy is vastly superior in that position.

Lang at RB. Cuddihy back in midfield with Nicol who 's been very good & consistant up till yday,Still think he was best o bad lot.....
Might be a couple of weeks for Lang to come into team has to be match fit but he will definitely make a difference drive desire brave and ability agree we need to get cuddhy back into midfield . Kev nicoll was virtually on his own in midfield and I thought he played ok .Grant should get dropped after that performance with Rankine not far behind .mcstay at least tried to play football but had very little options for a pass we missed Stewart yesterday . If you want to play cogill then play him in central defence . I think the manager has to take a lot of the blame for yesterday the team was all over the place three holding midfielders nobody supporting love and where Boyle was playing god knows . The problems have come from the recruitment during the summer if his 4 new signings only 1 has started regularly ( Rumbsy) the lack of another striker in the squad us a disgrace
Have no idea what the situation with hopkirk is but that's almost 3 month and he hasn't even been in the squad and not a word ,ferns is not an out and out striker and frankly doesn't look interested
Time for Lennon to earn his wages and get in at least a striker in before Saturday
The fans have backed him to the hilt and to get a performance like that yesterday is nothing short of total disrespect maybe a few need to be told that

don't think rumsby and rankin have improved last seasons team at all don't think he would have signed rankin if he knew cuddihy lamont Boyle grant and mcstay were all gonna resign if you remember we had to wait on all 5 agreeing new terms. but it looks to me rankin is guaranteed a game regardless  

One bad result and performance and its all doom and gloom on here again. Yesterday was the first game under Lennon I've went away feeling disappointed in how we played but we had that almost every week under Ferguson and then Chapman. Think some posters are getting carried away with their criticism of Lennon and the squad.

Undoubtly we need another striker in especially with Hopkirk have gone awol. Even with Goodwillie in the team we would have probably lost as we were awful in midfield and defence.

Edinburgh were much improved and have some decent players for this level. Would expect they will make the play offs if they continue to play like yesterday.

Archived