East Fife v Arbroath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team as last week and Linton back on the bench from long term injury!!!
AND WE'RE WEARING THE NEW STRIP!!!
THE BLACK & GOLD STRIPES ARE BACK!!!

Yer man will need a tank to get big Thomson on his arse

IMG_1534967051.037688.thumb.jpg.ce020759f8c2e918976cbe254387a8d9.jpg

Two minutes in and Court has just put Thomson on his arse!!!
Should have had a Sweepie!!![emoji6]

First half was good, two good goals, second half came out totally complacent and never ever got started. EF just didn’t have any quality and we did, that was the difference.

Wallace great for all 3 goals again. Thomson superb for the second and Smith superb for the 3rd.

First up well played Arbroath no sour grapes but where do these referees do their training .First up no flag gives goal 5 minutes later disallows goal never seen that in a game of football ever.Then 5 minutes later Arbroath centre half clearly holding down East Fife defender right in front of linesman goal. Add in lasts weeks dubiously debated 2nd penalty and their influence on the game is incredible. Thought we played well and 3 nil really floaters Arbroath but if you can’t take your chances you will be punished.Arbroath best team I’ve seen special mention to Ryan Wallace his diving is embarrassing no need for that as he is a quality player. I’m sure if we play like that a victory will come.

First up well played Arbroath no sour grapes but where do these referees do their training .First up no flag gives goal 5 minutes later disallows goal never seen that in a game of football ever.Then 5 minutes later Arbroath centre half clearly holding down East Fife defender right in front of linesman goal. Add in lasts weeks dubiously debated 2nd penalty and their influence on the game is incredible. Thought we played well and 3 nil really floaters Arbroath but if you can’t take your chances you will be punished.Arbroath best team I’ve seen special mention to Ryan Wallace his diving is embarrassing no need for that as he is a quality player. I’m sure if we play like that a victory will come.

For the disallowed goal I’m certain the guy was a mile off, but the linesman thought Ricky Little got a touch or that it was an Arbroath player who put him through, ref obviously said it wasn’t and it was correctly disallowed. Need to see it back again but positive they got it right.

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

I think you have more to worry about than a strip. Like relegation!

Think you might have been worrying until last 5mins plus time added on today. Great how cocky you can get when you get the breaks but time will tell

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

First half was good, two good goals, second half came out totally complacent and never ever got started. EF just didn’t have any quality and we did, that was the difference.

Wallace great for all 3 goals again. Thomson superb for the second and Smith superb for the 3rd.

Absolutely right 1320Lichtie, no quality whatsoever up the park. Arbroath deserved the win in the end although don't think anybody would have argued with a 3-2 Arbroath win. Wallace is a good player if you take away some of his dubious attributes. Lin as well by the way.

6 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Think you might have been worrying until last 5mins plus time added on today. Great how cocky you can get when you get the breaks but time will tell

Especially with only ten men talking about being cocky obviously your team had their cup final last week now business as usual. 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

For the disallowed goal I’m certain the guy was a mile off, but the linesman thought Ricky Little got a touch or that it was an Arbroath player who put him through, ref obviously said it wasn’t and it was correctly disallowed. Need to see it back again but positive they got it right.

Court did look offside at the time but the teamwork from the officials was untidy. Wonder what the referee supervisor in the stand though about it. Standard of refereeing in the lower leagues is awful and Fife don't even have a top referee on the list mmmmm.

Archived