East Fife v Arbroath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised no one has mentioned swankie, a class act yesterday

Brilliant watching him just spray balls about on the half volley or whatever, balls that most players would have to take a few touches before playing totally slowing it down but he gets it done so quickly and lets us attack early. He got such a hard time, but it was so obvious he just needed to get back to full fitness.

I think Denholm looked sharper again yesterday, maybe worth getting him in from the start these next few weeks. Think Kader puts a shift in but is probably our weak link, got into so many good positions yesterday and fluffed his lines, the difference when Thomson got into one for the second goal. Actually took his time and looked up.. [emoji23]

The abilities of Swankie has never been in doubt, I think most of the moans were that he didn’t get stuck in enough, but he has got a bit more dig about him this season, Although East Fife got through the middle of the park quite easy yesterday I think Whately is more to blame, Swankie is your creative player so you would expect Whatley so be more on the defensive side, Whatley was getting a bit of a hard time from Dick yesterday too i noticed, If by some amazing chance we got Martin back he would most likely be the one to be dropped, 

Another goal from a corner yesterday too, When Wallace gets delivery right he puts in a cracking cross, 

The abilities of Swankie has never been in doubt, I think most of the moans were that he didn’t get stuck in enough, but he has got a bit more dig about him this season, Although East Fife got through the middle of the park quite easy yesterday I think Whately is more to blame, Swankie is your creative player so you would expect Whatley so be more on the defensive side, Whatley was getting a bit of a hard time from Dick yesterday too i noticed, If by some amazing chance we got Martin back he would most likely be the one to be dropped,  Another goal from a corner yesterday too, When Wallace gets delivery right he puts in a cracking cross, 

I agree. Would feel weird dropping Whatley because he’s been such a mainstay and he is a good player but just the way it is just now. Look how strong that bench was yesterday

Ryan McCord

Danny Denholm

Callum Smith

David Gold

Finn Graham

Would be starting at most teams in the league and Michael McKenna who’s probably been our standout player wasn’t even in the squad, Steven Doris injured too.

Unfortunately it will probably be tomorrow until the highlights are available.

For the disallowed goal. Little takes a fresh air swipe at the ball so offside was the correct decision. If he had made contact the goal would have stood. The officials confirmed this after the game. The lineman said he was unsighted but from his position it looked like the ball had changed direction which was why he allowed the play to continue.

For Arbroath’s first goal, there is no foul for the actual header, the complaint from East Fife was that Dunlop had been pulled back in the build up but unfortunately this is off camera.

Arbroath’s 3rd goal came from a throw in that was given the wrong way but it would be really clutching at straws to claim that was the reason we lost the goal.

1 hour ago, landerson1990 said:

For Arbroath’s first goal, there is no foul for the actual header, the complaint from East Fife was that Dunlop had been pulled back in the build up but unfortunately this is off camera.

Is Dunlop the player that ends up  to the left of the stand-side goalpost in our go-pro footage (available here)

If so, when was the alleged foul committed?

Is Dunlop the player that ends up  to the left of the stand-side goalpost in our go-pro footage (available here)
If so, when was the alleged foul committed?

I didn’t see anything at the time but I’m assuming it was when they were bunched together just before the corner was taken.

It’s interesting, I blamed the defender at the time but listening to to go-pro there’s a clear shout of ‘keeper’ who then ends up in no man’s land.

No foul at Arbroath's first goal from the cross. 2 East Fife defenders just trying to block the Arbroath players attacking the ball they were not even looking at the ball till it was to late.

I didn’t see anything at the time but I’m assuming it was when they were bunched together just before the corner was taken.

It’s interesting, I blamed the defender at the time but listening to to go-pro there’s a clear shout of ‘keeper’ who then ends up in no man’s land.
If it's before the corner is taken its not a foul.

Thing is your manager and his assistant were laying into the lino, for not giving a foul for ToB, leaning on his players, quite animated he was, but then he was only 50 yds away from the event

Tbh I didn't see any foul In the buildup to the first goal but I did see our keeper f**k up big time by coming out to claim it then seemingly giving up half way through his run out to collect the cross, think that was more to blame than any alleged infringement by Arbroath!!!

Lovely. 3rd goal was great. So good from Wallace and Smith their whole back 4 cut open without even touching it.

EF did put us under a whole load of pressure start of second half but we defended well, there weren’t any clear cut opportunities. Clinical performance.

Archived