Airdrie Utd v Raith Rovers

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
3 minutes ago, Airdrie1977 said:
Raith fans scaring me, is this a fake meltdown to lull us?

Sadly not.

Didier Agathe was at NB on Saturday visiting.  We still get cold sweats from his first visit there.  You were shit that year till he turned up out of the blue. 

On that basis, I don't trust you :)

The corresponding game last season saw us field a starting 11 with an average age of under 20 years old and it took a last minute own goal for the on-form Raith team to nick a point.

A season on and only 3 of that starting 11 are likely to feature, with Airdrie having a much more experienced squad.

This looks like a good time to be meeting Raith, with their form being up and down and their squad depleted.

Therefore it’s all set up for a convincing away win.

Didier Agathe was at NB on Saturday visiting.  We still get cold sweats from his first visit there.  You were shit that year till he turned up out of the blue. 
On that basis, I don't trust you [emoji4]

Congratulations to the Airdrie leftback for getting next Saturday off as we'll shoehorn in a defensive midfielder out onto the winger, for a reason completely unknown to the fans.
Hopefully we've came through Saturday without picking up any more silly knocks. Airdrie seem to have had a solid recruitment policy and I think it'll be a difficult place to visit this season. This is our first test against one of the teams you'd expect to be in the top four.
We'll probably moan all week and come away with a win.

It was the right back. As to the game I have a few more days to get thinking.

Unfortunately we don't appear to have anyone quite as good as him in our ranks at the moment.

Whatever happened to Willis? Looked really good for you. We signed him, he found valentes and hasn't been seen since.

Was that the game he scored a hat trick? I remember that, absolutely frightening. Was that at NB?? Dont know why I thought that was Broadwood.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
4 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:
On that basis, I don't trust you emoji4.png

Was that the game he scored a hat trick? I remember that, absolutely frightening. Was that at NB?? Dont know why I thought that was Broadwood.

Yes NB Aug 1999 - The Frank Conway game.

Their director at the time called me on the Friday to tell me we were f****d as they signed a "wee d****e" who was gonna rip us apart.   He wasn't wrong.

Thought my opening line was pretty self explanatory.

So because it's away and 'tough opposition'..? We're going to have quite a few away games, will this mean that there's going to be a lot against us this season?

We're undefeated in all of our games so far, Davos coming back from injury and we came from behind to get a point in a game against our rivals that we shouldn't have taken anything from thanks to 2 penalties.

If anything, there's plenty going in our favour going into this game.

Raith fans scaring me, is this a fake meltdown to lull us?

The narrative so far seems to be that we're totally fucked and there's nothing the team or club can do to change that.

This season we've decided to find the negatives in everything that happens and hope that abusing our own players and manager publicly will spur them onto winning the league.

#MoaningBack

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

So because it's away and 'tough opposition'..? We're going to have quite a few away games, will this mean that there's going to be a lot against us this season?

We're undefeated in all of our games so far, Davos coming back from injury and we came from behind to get a point in a game against our rivals that we shouldn't have taken anything from thanks to 2 penalties.

If anything, there's plenty going in our favour going into this game.

See the source image

11 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

The narrative so far seems to be that we're totally fucked and there's nothing the team or club can do to change that.

This season we've decided to find the negatives in everything that happens and hope that abusing our own players and manager publicly will spur them onto winning the league.

#MoaningBack

Appointing a manager who has a knowledge of tactics and the ability to instil confidence in his players would be a cracking start!

I don’t think the players have been the main reason we are struggling since McKinnon left.

Appointing a manager who has a knowledge of tactics and the ability to instil confidence in his players would be a cracking start!
I don’t think the players have been the main reason we are struggling since McKinnon left.

I take it you were dead against his appointment when it happened? You must have been one of the guys wanting Young, Campbell or Bollan? Or that Easton should be the manager with no experience or proven record in senior football management?

Archived