Airdrie Utd v Raith Rovers

Sair wan for The Diamonds..........oooft.

Gotta love playing Airdrie with ten men though!!

McDiarmid Park, Cup semi final 1994!! 

Airdrie thought they had it in the bag, rightly so, when our new Goalies Dad was sent off,

bring on Brian Potter, hero for the remainder of the match, the rest is history!!

Maybe next time we play them we start with ten men!!:lol:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

In fairness, anyone who witnessed last season’s capitulation to Cove Rangers wouldn’t have been surprised by that collapse.

Or the one against Peterheed, 3-1 up, 6mins to go, final score 3-4 :unsure:

4 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Or the one against Peterheed, 3-1 up, 6mins to go, final score 3-4 :unsure:

I'm sure there has been previous late goal scoring drama in the Raith fixture before. I remember being at a game at Broomfield around 1990 - the Warriors game was postponed or  was at Stranraer or something so we went to the nearest match that was on. We left with just over 5 mins to go and it was either 1-1 or 2-1,  something quite close anyway. When we got back to the car the game had finished 5-1!! Online stats point to the win being for Raith but i was remembering it as an Airdrie win. Doesn't give the goals scored times though.

Anyone else remember this? I'm sure the game featured on BSB's Scottish Football's highlights package that evening, hosted by David Livingston.

55 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

I'm sure there has been previous late goal scoring drama in the Raith fixture before. I remember being at a game at Broomfield around 1990 - the Warriors game was postponed or  was at Stranraer or something so we went to the nearest match that was on. We left with just over 5 mins to go and it was either 1-1 or 2-1,  something quite close anyway. When we got back to the car the game had finished 5-1!! Online stats point to the win being for Raith but i was remembering it as an Airdrie win. Doesn't give the goals scored times though.

Anyone else remember this? I'm sure the game featured on BSB's Scottish Football's highlights package that evening, hosted by David Livingston.

Pretty sure it was 5-1 to the Rovers, I remember this as I always used to bet us to win 4-1! what a bummer, but it did come good in future games, notably when Agathe made his debut I was the only Rovers fan screaming for him to be taken off:)

1 hour ago, Sarge Bullman said:

I'm not sure if it was quite 5 minutes to go, but you're pretty much on the money - we did go from 1-1 to 5-1 in the last quarter of the game. Gordon Dalziel was subbed just after Airdrie equalised to make it 1-1 and there were rumblings of discontent among the Rovers support who reckoned Frank Connor was settling for a draw, but big Iain Ferguson came on and ran riot with his pace.  Airdrie were spending a fortune at that time and won promotion at Starks Park the following May. Frank Connor left two weeks later to become Joe Jordan's assistant at Hearts. 

Archived