Airdrie Utd v Raith Rovers

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my. Not sure what to say about that. Gifted goal after goal - and you tend to lose when that happens. Let’s take the positives that without the implosion we looked the better team for the majority, played some really good stuff and with Crichton, Robertson etc back should be defensively more sound. Still confident we’ll end up where we’re aiming for although you wonder if Findlay might be a casualty along the way. 

Never saw that coming, well done to the team for dragging themselves off the ground and into the game, Airdrie must be wondering what happened.  Hopefully this gives the lads the confidence in themselves to get back to winning ways.  Whether its with Smith or not:whistle

Well, well, well... What a game! What a come back! And more importantly what a u-turn from all the 'fans' who were happy to boo the players and manager but then chirp up with 'we love the rovers we do...' as we left the ground.

If the folk sitting in front of me who left at 3-1 stating how they wouldn't be back are reading this, get it up you!

Reading back through the thread the one thing that stands out the most is how there are 'supporters' of Raith Rovers who actually wanted us to lose today. I can't believe anyone would ever want their own team to get beat in any game and this shows the stupidity and insolence of some people on here.

Barry Smith made one mistake today and that was putting his trust in Ian Davidson. I hope that player never kicks a ball for us again. There's been rumours circulating for a while about his relationship with the manager but today he showed his true colours. And I believe he's a snake in the grass for Barry Smith. Both goals were his fault and his red card was an embarrassment for someone who's meant to be a leader and experienced player.

There was a spirit in that team and there was a lift in the second half. We've got a goal scorer in Nisbet, a playmaker in Flanagan, a midfield battler in Gillespie and a solid centre back in McKay. This team showed today that they can raise their game and put in performances that will win a league. The fans on the pitch and the players in amongst the crowd showed how good it can be when we all get behind them.

Barry's

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Well, well, well... What a game! What a come back! And more importantly what a u-turn from all the 'fans' who were happy to boo the players and manager but then chirp up with 'we love the rovers we do...' as we left the ground.

If the folk sitting in front of me who left at 3-1 stating how they wouldn't be back are reading this, get it up you!

Reading back through the thread the one thing that stands out the most is how there are 'supporters' of Raith Rovers who actually wanted us to lose today. I can't believe anyone would ever want their own team to get beat in any game and this shows the stupidity and insolence of some people on here.

Barry Smith made one mistake today and that was putting his trust in Ian Davidson. I hope that player never kicks a ball for us again. There's been rumours circulating for a while about his relationship with the manager but today he showed his true colours. And I believe he's a snake in the grass for Barry Smith. Both goals were his fault and his red card was an embarrassment for someone who's meant to be a leader and experienced player.

There was a spirit in that team and there was a lift in the second half. We've got a goal scorer in Nisbet, a playmaker in Flanagan, a midfield battler in Gillespie and a solid centre back in McKay. This team showed today that they can raise their game and put in performances that will win a league. The fans on the pitch and the players in amongst the crowd showed how good it can be when we all get behind them.

Barry's

Barry's what?

We only have ourselves to blame. It’s one of these freak games that is almost unexplainable. I’ve never seen two such beautifully gifted goals in the same game before. I’ve also never seen a team with ten men come back with 3 goals from the 87th minute before. I’ve never seen an Airdrie attack play so well only to leave with defeat before. It’s just one of those games that will haunt me forever. 

Nobody can deny Airdrie were the better team today yet managed to  steal a glorious defeat from the gaping jaws of victory. 

Worst capitulation in the history of football ever. If I was a Raith fan I’d be sing, dancing and drinking all night long. 

As an Airdrie fan, I’ll just be drinking. 

A lot. 

Archived