Airdrie Utd v Raith Rovers

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't make it on Saturday and it's hard to gauge what kind of performance we put in from the highlights.

From what I've read and heard it wasn't great but I'm still looking on the bright side. If we only created something like 2 or 3 chances and came away with 2 goals then it can't be that bad.

Plenty of things to work on in training to tighten up at the back and Davo coming back could make a difference.

I'll say 2-1 Raith.

I think it's crucial we go for the throat here. We need to get out first home win of the season and it'd be nice if we could lay a marker onto Raith, albeit a very poor Raith side by all accounts.

Hopefully Millar can come back in to give us a bit more bite in the midfield and it'll hopefully allow Conroy to excel once again.

I'm going to go for a home win by the odd goal here although I don't think a draw would be a disaster for us.

Didn't make it on Saturday and it's hard to gauge what kind of performance we put in from the highlights.

From what I've read and heard it wasn't great but I'm still looking on the bright side. If we only created something like 2 or 3 chances and came away with 2 goals then it can't be that bad.

Plenty of things to work on in training to tighten up at the back and Davo coming back could make a difference.

I'll say 2-1 Raith.
Did you not score two penalties?[emoji23]
The chances of that happening two weeks on the spin are very slim.

Did you not score two penalties?[emoji23]
The chances of that happening two weeks on the spin are very slim.

Do you have to be in the box to win a penalty?

The fact that in every way East Fife dominated us on Saturday is alarming but we still came away with 2 goals so regardless of how we scored them, if we didn't we would have lost.

Hopefully Davo is in for Bene. It won’t be however, but that’s Dinosaur Smith for you.

It was quite interesting that it was indeed Bene who made way for Davidson in the reduced sugar fizzy pop cup, and not McKay. Given we were otherwise full strength that one struck me as a bit of an anomaly, unless Bene was carrying a knock. But yes, fully expect some degree of nonsense from Smith in his quest to play 4-4-2 regardless of who we have available. I'd personally be tempted to try a back three, if only that it stops Matthews being played on the right. 

Not looking forward to this. Hopefully Airdrie are generous with the old penalties. 

Congratulations to the Airdrie leftback for getting next Saturday off as we'll shoehorn in a defensive midfielder out onto the winger, for a reason completely unknown to the fans.

Hopefully we've came through Saturday without picking up any more silly knocks. Airdrie seem to have had a solid recruitment policy and I think it'll be a difficult place to visit this season. This is our first test against one of the teams you'd expect to be in the top four.

We'll probably moan all week and come away with a win.

Big reaction needed for this game, tough opposition AND it's away from home....not a lot going in our favour for this one in all honesty. If we manage to come through training this week unscathed and/or there haven't been any injuries sustained from the EF game then I'll suspect we'll line up not to dissimilar to last weekend with the only possible change being Davo for Bene and even that would surprise me. 

2-1 Airdrie imo.

Big reaction needed for this game, tough opposition AND it's away from home....not a lot going in our favour for this one in all honesty. If we manage to come through training this week unscathed and/or there haven't been any injuries sustained from the EF game then I'll suspect we'll line up not to dissimilar to last weekend with the only possible change being Davo for Bene and even that would surprise me. 
2-1 Airdrie imo.

What's not going in our favour for this game?

Hopefully Davo is in for Bene. It won’t be however, but that’s Dinosaur Smith for you.
It does seem bene hasn't been the same player since the leg break last season. If he can get back to the player he was, he's easily the best cb in this league. Smith will probably drop mckay before he drops bene, which would be ridiculous. He's been our best defender from what iv seen this season and made a vital last ditch block on Saturday to deny EF the win.

Archived