Bookies WTF?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Surprised nobody's mentioned tanning salons/beauty parlours yet. I think we're up to double figures in Alloa town centre now, and none of them ever seem to close.

You get the impression that some folk would rather not eat than miss having their skin sprayed with orange paint.

Do the owners have a special washing machine that cleanses currency?

...which reminds me, what happened to all the launderettes? Impossible to find anywhere to fire off a few loads when the washing machine's on the blink  :angry:

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

...which reminds me, what happened to all the launderettes? Impossible to find anywhere to fire off a few loads when the washing machine's on the blink  :angry:

There are 'outside' washing  machines popping up at petrol stations these days.

Are there still any amusement arcades left?
I went to Blackpool about 3 years ago and I was bracing myself for a traditional arcade or maybe even pinball parlour and its nothing but shitey claw machines and 2p balancing games for as far as the eye can see

6 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

At one point Inverness had 8 bookies in a stretch of about a quarter of a mile, if that. The Ladbrokes across the road from Subway was the first to get the chop on account of being absolutely pointless.

There's still 2 bookies on Baron Taylor Street and at least 5 others within 150 yards. Ladbrokes have at least three within that area.

Archived