Bookies WTF?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise that anyone on P'n'B can access dozens of online bookies?

There's not a Ladbrokes, William Hills or Betfred within 50km of my house, but I can still bet on anything I want.

My McBookie account is currently in profit. Well done me. :)

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

In Dalkeith, there is a Ladbrokes, A William Hill's, and a Betfred within spitting distance of each other. 

Can any other backward towns/villages beat this? 

In Kilsyth you could spit between the Ladbrokes and WIlliam Hill. The Betfreds about 200 yards up a hill so you could maybe launch a dog shit or something at it.

WTF Bookies sounds like one of those online bookmakers that entice you in with a sign up offer then ask for your passport, drivers licence, utility bill, height, weight, sexual orientation, etc, before allowing you to withdraw your winnings.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I thought it was normal for wee shite towns to have nothing but bookies, pubs, charity shops and Turkish barbers.

Maybe that's a Lanarkshire thing

It's a Lochee thing too.

High street bookmakers will barely exist in 10 years. They will be like arcades with wall to wall fixed odds betting terminals to prey on the poor and vulnerable, while most people who wish to place a sports bet will do so online.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's a Lochee thing too.

High street bookmakers will barely exist in 10 years. They will be like arcades with wall to wall fixed odds betting terminals to prey on the poor and vulnerable, while most people who wish to place a sports bet will do so online.

Top (or bottom) of Lochee High Street had The Last Tram, Hills, Betfred and Ladbrokes within about 5-6 buildings of each other. And a Greggs in case you needed some healthy nourishment. 

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Top (or bottom) of Lochee High Street had The Last Tram, Hills, Betfred and Ladbrokes within about 5-6 buildings of each other. And a Greggs in case you needed some healthy nourishment. 

The Vegas of Scotland.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Are there still any amusement arcades left?

Seaside towns.

Usually filled with granny type Bar-X machines, Party Times, Ticket payout machines, and awful £5 machines on 70% payout.

Archived