Them again! v Super Ayr United League cup quarter final.

Superhursty7

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McCall fucked it. Was never going to work with Shankland on his own. And Rule Britannia 🤣 Minter.

Thought Moff was being rested but had been unwell apparently. Hopefully ok for Saturday as we clearly miss him.

I dunno if placidcasual is being serious or not but I kind of agree in terms of Shankland playing up front. Forrest was clearly supposed to be playing the Moffat role but it didn’t work. I didn’t think Moffat would play but I thought Moore would’ve got a chance instead. McCall must’ve thought keeping Moore on the bench would give us an option if we only needed one goal going into the last 20 minutes or so.

I think to say McCall fucked it is harsh. Playing two out and out strikers wouldn’t have made one bit of difference tonight.

It was always going to be a mammoth task to get anything from this Rangers team. Gerrard has them playing again, confident, scoring goals, always a threat, and from multiple players - basically what we have been doing to other teams.

Still hard to take when the shoe is on the other foot.

I thought we were pretty poor, didn't expect much more when I saw Moffat was on the bench, thought Rangers were very sharp and played at a decent tempo, given that, then it wouldn't have mattered who we played or how well they all played as the big team on it will nearly always gub the wee team on it or off it.

One or 2 of our midfielders are nearing the point of needing a wee seat on the bench as they seem to be failing to turn up very much in recent weeks.

Thought we were made to look poor by a decent Rangers team, wasn't sure about our lineup but I don't think it would have mattered much 
Agreed. Rangers were too quick and too physical for us, we didnt have a sniff.

i thought we knocked the ball about quite well, and at least tried to play a bit of football, but you could see how much we missed the Moff as Shankland looked really isolated all night.

DIfference for me was that Rangers looked bigger and more physical in the middle of the pack, and where pretty clinical when they got chances. 

I quite pleased we actually went and had a go rather than sitting deep, being defensive and still losing.

I was diasspointed with starting with 1 up top but if Moff was not able to start think it was probably the right call.

Archived