Them again! v Super Ayr United League cup quarter final.

Superhursty7

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Ah well. That's us fucked again.

Roll on Saturday.

There's just such a massive budget difference between Ayr and Rangers and that's not only spent on players but on coaching, fitness etc as you can see this evening.  Ayr haven't been the worst team to play at Ibrox in the past 10 days - that title belongs firmly to Dundee - and you've tried to play football, which is welcome.

You also have the unknown factor which is Andy Halliday who, seemingly, woke up this morning and decided he'd be Zidane for the evening and set up two top-drawer goals for Middleton - the Willie Henderson of the modern era.

Oh, and your fans on this thread have behaved like sensible folk rather than the empty-headed diddies who usually infect our match threads.

So hard lines for this evening and best wishes for the rest of the season and I look forward to you delighting us in the top flight next season.

There's just such a massive budget difference between Ayr and Rangers and that's not only spent on players but on coaching, fitness etc as you can see this evening.  Ayr haven't been the worst team to play at Ibrox in the past 10 days - that title belongs firmly to Dundee - and you've tried to play football, which is welcome.

You also have the unknown factor which is Andy Halliday who, seemingly, woke up this morning and decided he'd be Zidane for the evening and set up two top-drawer goals for Middleton - the Willie Henderson of the modern era.

Oh, and your fans on this thread have behaved like sensible folk rather than the empty-headed diddies who usually infect our match threads.

So hard lines for this evening and best wishes for the rest of the season and I look forward to you delighting us in the top flight next season.

I've not seen the game - but we're a very open team, and that can leave us exposed (like it did recently against QoS).

Give me that over the compact, difficult-to-beat type team that we were for a long time (especially under Brian Reid in the championship).

Gerrard has got rangers organised, and tonight was always going to be a very difficult match to win.

Once again though, this cup has been good for us, and tonight's pay day was well earned.

I didn’t think we were bad tonight. We just came up against a team that are physically fitter and technically better than us.

We knocked the ball about well and if we do the same on Saturday we’ll do fine. Saw the defence and goalkeeper getting grief on Twitter which I can’t really understand. Doohan did fine tonight and made a good save towards the end and the defending was no different than usual. Just more likely to get punished against a better team.

I didn’t think we were bad tonight. We just came up against a team that are physically fitter and technically better than us.

We knocked the ball about well and if we do the same on Saturday we’ll do fine. Saw the defence and goalkeeper getting grief on Twitter which I can’t really understand. Doohan did fine tonight and made a good save towards the end and the defending was no different than usual. Just more likely to get punished against a better team.
Agreed as much as I love big Jamie he's not a premiership standard midfider (his natural position) never mind centre back he does well enough in the champ though. The cup run was nice whilst it lasted but back to the bread and butter and to try and be at places like Ibrox more than once in a blue moon pardon the pun.

Archived