Them again! v Super Ayr United League cup quarter final.

Superhursty7

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Must be nice to run a business and be on such a sound financial footing that you can knock back paying customers.

Sevco. An inspiration to us all.

The shit bit is that the rules allow them to knock back customers on our behalf, only in Scotland.

13 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Must be nice to run a business and be on such a sound financial footing that you can knock back paying customers.

Sevco. An inspiration to us all.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, what is their rationale for this lack of ticket nonsense ?

I could maybe see their point if it was a sell out, but in reality they are denying both themselves and us money and at the same time preventing football fans from attending a match for no apparent reason.

Honestly..............

Shankland is a big Gers man. Would be happy to sign him to help us on the march to our Reserve League title win completing our domestic quadruple. 
No chance, he will go down south at the end if the season I have said it before and I'll say it again Shankland will have a Scotland cap by the end of next season

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:
Shankland is a big Gers man. Would be happy to sign him to help us on the march to our Reserve League title win completing our domestic quadruple. 

No chance, he will go down south at the end if the season I have said it before and I'll say it again Shankland will have a Scotland cap by the end of next season

Depends where he goes, would need to be a decent level down south and playing regularly given that Rhodes, Martin etc can't get a sniff just now in terms of making a squad.

Depends where he goes, would need to be a decent level down south and playing regularly given that Rhodes, Martin etc can't get a sniff just now in terms of making a squad.
If he keeps developing at this rate he's better than both they two and I was a massive Rhodes fan when he was at Blackburn, supposedly Jack Ross is a fan if shankland that would be a cracking move for him in the summer

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If he keeps developing at this rate he's better than both they two and I was a massive Rhodes fan when he was at Blackburn, supposedly Jack Ross is a fan if shankland that would be a cracking move for him in the summer

Big if though. It's one thing scoring in the Championship (see Dobbie at QOS) and it's another doing it every week in the SPL or even higher.  If he goes down south it'll need to be Championship level bare minimum. I know it's a different position but the likes of Craig Bryson has played 300 games at that level scoring regularly from midfield and not got a sniff with Scotland so it's hard to break into the National Squad even with a good move.

Sunderland really need to get out that division at the first attempt.

Hopefully he does the business tonight though!

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Big if though. It's one thing scoring in the Championship (see Dobbie at QOS) and it's another doing it every week in the SPL or even higher.  If he goes down south it'll need to be Championship level bare minimum. I know it's a different position but the likes of Craig Bryson has played 300 games at that level scoring regularly from midfield and not got a sniff with Scotland so it's hard to break into the National Squad even with a good move.

Sunderland really need to get out that division at the first attempt.

Hopefully he does the business tonight though!

He'll  sign for Rangers after scoring a hat-trick against them tonight. Straight into the Scotland squad after that!^_^

Big if though. It's one thing scoring in the Championship

Funnily enough people said the exact same about him last season but it was League One.

It’s not a case of “if” he keeps developing. He could easily go and play for any of of the teams in the Premiership with the exception of maybe 2 or 3. I have absolutely no doubts that Shankland will have a great career. He’s already gone through the spell where he wasn’t giving it 100% and it’s clearly given him a kick up the arse.

The difference with Rhodes and Martin is that they were both given a chance with Scotland and they never impressed. Shankland might get lucky due to the fact he’s an unknown quantity at that level and apart from Griffiths and Naismith Scotland don’t have any real quality up front to stop him getting in the squad.

1 minute ago, paulbrucerick said:

He'll  sign for Rangers after scoring a hat-trick against them tonight. Straight into the Scotland squad after that!^_^

As long as McCall takes him off after his 3rd to rest him for Saturday.

Archived