Them again! v Super Ayr United League cup quarter final.

Superhursty7

These is merely a minor distraction from our league campaign.

Think we’ll probably try to be more solid in midfield and more direct up front.

Doohan

Geggan
Adams
Rose
Smith

Forrest
Murdoch
Bell
Crawford/McDaid

Moore
Shankland

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Kerr, Forrest, Shankland and Moff being rested, with Bell, Moore, McDaid & McGuffie coming in. Also Harvie for Geggan with Smith playing his correct position.

A win would be amazing but I'd rather have 3pts at Morton next weekend, Gerrard may see this as an opportunity to get a trophy in the bag early so will be interested to see what team he puts out but the way we are playing I would not be the least bit surprised if we turn them over we have only lost 3 games since they played us in the Scottish cup in Jan would be shocked if they got anything like 6 again

Doohan   

Smith, Rose, Adams, Harvie

Forrest, Crawford, Murdoch, McDaid

Moore, Shankland

Would favour the younger players as they've got the legs and speed needed for this type of game, especially on the flanks,  and save Kerr etc for Morton                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

We really must guard against complacency. Rangers are capable of giving us a tough match and we might be doing well to edge this by no more than a goal or two. 

This

We shouldn’t really switch the team up too much like we did against Queens Park. In saying that we should be good enough to win this one without the likes of Moffat or Kerr.

On 24/09/2018 at 17:34, UpInTheAyr said:

Any word on how many home tickets have been sold?

I had a butchers at a couple of the Rangers message boards and best guesses would indicate sales of about 38,000 and attendance of about 32,000.

Team selection will be interesting.  McAuley and Grezda both played 45 minutes for the reserves yesterday.  I'd not be surprised if Jack features at some point.  Worrall also needs some game time as does Dorrans.  Maybe a starting lineup of:

Foderingham

Tavernier
Katic
Worrall
Flanagan

Haliday
Dorrans
Coulibaly

Middleton
Morelos
Candeias

Archived