Them again! v Super Ayr United League cup quarter final.

Superhursty7

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually looking forward to this one.  Will be interesting to see how well we do against one of the countries top teams.  A full house in one of the countries largest stadiums & a chance for our talented team to showcase their talents to a larger audience. 

Why don't you lead the discussion on the game then instead of acting like some sort of condescending Mystic Meg?
If you're bored of all the chat you mention in your post, a good idea might be to stop mentioning it.

Aye, fair enough, let’s wait until at least a couple of days before the game to discuss the match itself, instead of the usual pointless shite that ensues before our every game.

2 hours ago, Ayr_United_1910 said:

I'm actually looking forward to this one.  Will be interesting to see how well we do against one of the countries top teams.  A full house in one of the countries largest stadiums & a chance for our talented team to showcase their talents to a larger audience. 

Be lucky if Ibrox was half full to be honest.

1 hour ago, Ayr_United_1910 said:

Perhaps if they were playing your lot, but they'll come out to see the Championships best team & nations top goalscorer.

Maybe. Wasn’t having a go at Ayr by the way, more the other lot :lol: 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Rangers still spat the dummy out because of their continuous pumpings by Celtic at Ibrox and not getting a full stand at Hibs? :lol:

This is a direct result of the absolute tears and snotters reaction to the Hibs allocation.  

7 hours ago, mugen_power said:

916 tickets, season ticket holders only, maximum of 2 per person and no phone or online sales

That's very generous of us, do you think that Ayr will be able to sell that amount?

Joke allocation. Won't even cover our season ticket holders  - we would certainly sell 1,500 if allocated.

Will probably miss only our fourth away game (I think) since start of last season. We can't get tickets as they go on sale over the counter only Wed and they'll be gone by close Thursday for sure and we live and work in Edinburgh. 

Oh well, another reason to loath Rangers (not that anyone needs another).

5 hours ago, bennett said:

That's very generous of us, do you think that Ayr will be able to sell that amount?

Says the poster whose location is given as "In a strange land." 

On 31/08/2018 at 18:36, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Joke allocation. Won't even cover our season ticket holders

Amazed that the Ayr fans are making an issue over this.  Sure, I'm well aware that they are desperate to see The Gers, but the notion that a home team should be able to accommodate, "our season ticket holders" has got to be a joke.  No?

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Amazed that the Ayr fans are making an issue over this.  Sure, I'm well aware that they are desperate to see The Gers, but the notion that a home team should be able to accommodate, "our season ticket holders" has got to be a joke.  No?

I just find it a very strange decision in a business sense as for a game that will undoubtedly have thousands of spare seats in the home end, you could have cashed in a bit more from the away fans. Of all the clubs that should know not to throw away money it seems an odd one.

Out of interest what's Ayrs usual away support numbers?

Usually away team fans are giving it the ' we're not going there just to listen to bigotry' routine, quite strange to see away fans wanting more tickets.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No. I'll keep it simple - have to for you to grasp it seems.

We don't get to quarter-finals of major cups very often, unlike most perennial Premiership Clubs. We just want to watch our Club hopefully progress, however slim the chances.  The fact it is against you lot is the worst aspect of the draw, not an attraction, but we would put up with the poisonous atmosphere to cheer our team on. So to get an allocation that is inadequate to even fulfil the demand from our relatively low numbers of season ticket holders (compared, again, to Premiership clubs) seems ludicrous and unnecessary. Our usual away crowd is irrelevant - this is a Cup QF and not an every day match.  

Understand we are being caught up in some obscure tit-for-tat row between you lot, Hibs and your fellow ugly sister which makes it all the more frustrating.

The problem isn’t strictly that not all season ticket holders will get a ticket. It’s more that there’s no way Rangers will sell out, yet they’re limiting our away allocation purely because of a pathetic row they’re having with Hibs and Celtic. That row has f**k all to do with anyone bar those 3 clubs, but Rangers will limit every single club in Scottish football’s allocation at Ibrox because they’ve taken the huff with everyone.

Pathetic but not at all surprising from a club who appear to be run by stroppy teenagers.

Archived