Dods Last Chance ( Surely)

Well it's the battle of last seasons bottom 2 . Dumbarton seem to have strengthened and look strong candidate s for top 2 or 3 spot. Us well we're in free fall which committee and sadly us diehards have to accept . 

Can t see anything other than a Sons win . 

We need to win this if we're serious about putting together a promotion charge. If we can get an early goal then I'd fancy us to play some decent stuff, if we fall behind then we're pretty much gubbed.

Think we could be down to just two fit outfield subs (if we're lucky). 

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

We need to win this if we're serious about putting together a promotion charge. If we can get an early goal then I'd fancy us to play some decent stuff, if we fall behind then we're pretty much gubbed.

Think we could be down to just two fit outfield subs (if we're lucky). 

Agreed. As Brian Fairley used to say, first goal in this league is very important.

Very disappointed to see the committee not acting on the disappointing start so far. Last season was bad enough and totally soul destroying but I did think that this season would be a fresh start and a new promotion push but the way it's going it's going to be a relegation fight.

Quite obvious to see that the players are looking panicked and under pressure to perform but just looks as if they don't believe in the shape that Doddsey is playing..... I would get a younger manager in and give him the chance for this season to go and try and turn things around as a change is defo needed and a new lease of life into the team....... time to start thinking who would be good and knows the club well and has had experience of winning trophies

Very disappointed to see the committee not acting on the disappointing start so far. Last season was bad enough and totally soul destroying but I did think that this season would be a fresh start and a new promotion push but the way it's going it's going to be a relegation fight.
Quite obvious to see that the players are looking panicked and under pressure to perform but just looks as if they don't believe in the shape that Doddsey is playing..... I would get a younger manager in and give him the chance for this season to go and try and turn things around as a change is defo needed and a new lease of life into the team....... time to start thinking who would be good and knows the club well and has had experience of winning trophies
Totally agree with you. But who's out there we can get with out having to pay compo? I know it won't be a popular choice but I would take Duffy back he's still not in a job and is a good manager. Or give Stevie Campbell the job. Would love Charlie king but not sure he's ready yet

7 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
26 minutes ago, Gold Dust said:

Totally agree with you. But who's out there we can get with out having to pay compo? I know it won't be a popular choice but I would take Duffy back he's still not in a job and is a good manager. Or give Stevie Campbell the job. Would love Charlie king but not sure he's ready yet

One things for sure, it would be a controversial decision anyway. Duffy is very experienced I give him that and would certainly give the players a good shake up. Stevie Campbell is also a very good shout but I could maybe see him having his heart set on Dundee United when their gaffer gets the punt but he would deserve a chance I think....

If I was to give a chance to a young manager I think I would give Chucks a chance even for the season as he's managed and coached a few clubs now and is learning all the time. Heard he has done a very good job at Tayport so far with an extremely young squad. He certainly knows the town, the club and how to win with new ideas..... I just hope either way the club act sooner rather than later.......

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:
1 hour ago, Gold Dust said:

Duffy wouldn't come back as part time management is a whole lot different to what he is accustomed to and totally out of his comfort zone. .............as proved before. 

The last two as a team ????  Well there's a thought ! ;)8)

Duffy wouldn't come back as part time management is a whole lot different to what he is accustomed to and totally out of his comfort zone. .............as proved before. 
The last two as a team ????  Well there's a thought ! [emoji6]8)
Fair point. Yeah the team of Stevie and chickie would be a good one

9 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:
The last two as a team ????  Well there's a thought ! emoji6.png8)

Fair point. Yeah the team of Stevie and chickie would be a good one

Chucky is doing great things at Tayport just now.    He appreciates attractive ,  attacking football and knows exactly what the fans expect .  Steve Campbell could be the one to bring out the best in him . 

Chucky is doing great things at Tayport just now.    He appreciates attractive ,  attacking football and knows exactly what the fans expect .  Steve Campbell could be the one to bring out the best in him . 
Not really noticed how tayport are doing but glad it's going well for him. Yeah knew his team would be attacking just like the way he played one thing he would defiantly have the passion for it

Archived