St Johnstone v Celtic

Flybhoy

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. If you want to win a trophy chances are you'll have to face Celtic at some stage, and it's better to have home advantage than face them at Hampden, I suppose. 

We will destroy these nasty inbred Irish wannabees.

Hopefully.

We are one of the few teams in Scotland who does stand up to them at times, so we’re probably Scotland’s only hope in a league full of shitebags.

Steve Brown will be delighted. Saints fans in the main stand, stick that shower in the other 3 stands and take the tv money.  A top European central midfielder here we come...

Just about worth listening to all their shite for.

We’ll make sure our semi final is more of an enjoyable day out. :)

A sad day when you reach the Quarters of a National Cup, and your fanbases first thought is about how many away fans you pack into the stadium to help make you money. 

12 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Stop it

Stop what? 

Theres many Saints fans who deserve plenty of respect going on about giving Celtic 3/4s of the stadium.

We should be doing everything in our power to give ourselves an advantage, laying out the red carpet for their club and support, simply because they have more fans, is the opposite of that and an idealism that's both dangerous and needless. 

We don't need their money. 

I hope this talk of giving Celtic 3/4 of the ground is nonsense. That will firmly put me off going to the game. Not one for going to home games involving the OF but as RG says, better to get them on our own patch now than in a Hampden Semi. Just have to hope Saints have a good game and Celtic are not quite up to speed. I would love for us to be the team to deny them the treble.

Be interesting to see what saints do ticketing wise for saints fans. Think I'm correct in saying season tickets definitely won't cover this- pretty sure it was a "Scottish cup" top up that was offered with the season ticket with the Betfred cup group games included as part of the season ticket proper. My suspicion will be a general sale then selling to season tickets holders only after Celtic sell out their allocation.

Given the noise the club made pre-season about attracting home fans to turn up against the old firm I wonder if season ticket holders will get tickets at discounted rates similar to the league scheme. I'm a season ticket holder and I'll go regardless but not really fancying shelling out 26 notes for it to be honest.

6 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Be interesting to see what saints do ticketing wise for saints fans. Think I'm correct in saying season tickets definitely won't cover this- pretty sure it was a "Scottish cup" top up that was offered with the season ticket with the Betfred cup group games included as part of the season ticket proper. My suspicion will be a general sale then selling to season tickets holders only after Celtic sell out their allocation.

Given the noise the club made pre-season about attracting home fans to turn up against the old firm I wonder if season ticket holders will get tickets at discounted rates similar to the league scheme. I'm a season ticket holder and I'll go regardless but not really fancying shelling out 26 notes for it to be honest.

You could be right. I think it's only the past couple of seasons Celtic have sold out their full allocation at McD, so I guess finding out how many tickets Celtic are likely to sell is probably the starting point.

Might be a bit embarrassing for Brown if he moves Saints fans to the Main Stand and pisses off a few Saints fans, then it turns out they don't sell anymore than usual and all the negative publicity was unnecessary.

Saints fans don't like games at home to the OF. Whether it's the sectarianism, the likely humping, the cost, the fact it's on live tv, the dodgy refereeing, the fact there's twice as many of these trailer trash types as there are off us turning it into more of an away game feel...  who knows?  But in reality it's usually our lowest home turnout of any fixture, and we'll be lucky if we get 2000 home fans sadly.

Same as you, ST holder and think £26 is expensive for a game live on tv against a team we play regularly, but I'll still head up. Be great to see us pump them.

It'd be great if we did a discount rate for ST holders; £10 and able to buy as many tickets for the home end as you want, so all Saints fans get in at that price.  

• 1 month later...

Bought my tickets for this today, regretting that about now.

Both teams will be after a reaction, I'd hope we'd show more composure than today though, too many sloppy tackles and passes. Plenty of fight despite the pumping, which bodes well for an improved performance.

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Wright - Alston - Craig - Swanson

Watt - McMillan

For me

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Did you personally buy them from the ticket office? Did you need to fill out a form first?

Yes and no. Went in, asked for four tickets, got four tickets, walked out. 

Was asked where I live but that was it. Keep forgetting to give them my details tbh. 

Clark

Foster Kerr Anderson Tanser

Alston Craig/Davidson

Wright McMillan  Swanson

Watt

I fear Shaughnessy's legs wont be untangled in time for this match given the run around Morelos gave him yesterday.  The hate for Anderson from the usual suspects - I'm sure some of yesterday's goals were probably his fault too somehow - is quite staggering. Hope Wright puts him back in because he's still a very good defender at our level and we could probably use a no nonsense player in there against Celtic. It'll also wind up his haters which is an added bonus. I'd have said Gordon over Anderson but I don't think Wright would put both young defenders in against Celtic without either Shaughnessy or Anderson. 

I keep putting an addendum in regarding Davidson because we're really missing his presence in midfield right now. The second he's fit enough to play, I'd chuck him right back in for either of the two midfielders. I'd lean towards dropping Craig right now, but that could swiftly change. That central midfield position has numbers now but it's still the weakest part of the team for me. I wouldn't be adverse ( ;) ) to seeing Callachan in there for his energy, although I'm not sure he'd give us much of a base to build upon.

McMillan should never have been dropped yesterday and I want to see Swanson in from the start which means Kennedy dropping out - I think Wright has been in better form for most of this season and  should stay in. Wotherspoon shouldn't be in the squad on the basis of his form over the last god knows how long - hopefully we see Scougall back in from the cold in favour of him on the bench.

I went into yesterday's game quietly confident that if we went out and played our game we'd have a chance of nicking something. Once we did push up a bit, we created a decent number of chances but the game was gone by then. I hope the manager has learned from that and has us pushed up and in Celtic's faces from the start. 

I fear another chasing but you never know.

I'd go along with that team Kyle. The downside is not having another fit left back, as I think we could do with competition there. Its been said before, but Tanser is better going forward than defensively, and up against Celtic he's likely to be defending far more. 

I agree with Ando back in, but I don't think Tommy will change the centre backs for this. Swanson played his best game for Hibs against Celtic last season, when he ripped the piss out of Scott Brown, so let's get him in there. Drey Wright was one of our better players at Ibrox, his pace in covering back was excellent, and he bailed out Foster down the right a few times, so he's a must, making Kennedy the obvious one to drop out.

I did wonder if Nydham was thrown in at Ibrox when the game was gone to keep Callaghan fresh for Wednesday. Either that or Nydham has simply looked better in training.  Thought Liam Craig went off to save his legs for this game as well..

I'm not massively optimistic, but will head up in hope.  Our centre midfield is okay at pressuring opponents, forcing mistakes and setting up a counter attack, but not so much at holding onto the ball, so I fear it could be an evening with a lot of chasing.  We didn't give our defenders much of a break yesterday.

Having said that, if we defend much better, and take our chances when they come along this time, then there's always a hope... 

Archived