Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell - League Cup quarter-final, 26/09/2018

Elixir

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bouncebackability. PowttJS.gif

That was absolute carnage for the two goals at the end. What a cup tie under the lights in Gorgie. TRpAjwN.png

All of our goals were very well worked and/or well taken. Highly pleasing. thf.png

3 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

hearts :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

First time i'm managed to get a half decent look at Hearts this season. What's all the hype about? :lol:

1 hour ago, Eoin Doyle said:

2-2 :thumsup2

Not taking things too well, are we booeys? greggy.png

Great cup game. Hearts pretty much perfect in the second half bar Well's goal which was a peach and Djoum's finishing/ fear of shooting.

Naismith an immense player - always looking to create something for himself or others.

'Well's support was impressive too. Hearts young team was good apart from an embarrassing attempt to get 'Hello...' started which fizzled out when no-one joined in. Just leave that shit in the past lads.

All-in-all well done Levein for instilling some attitude into our team. Despite having Berra out, Lafferty away and big Uche out too we're still unbeaten.

Brilliant game.

We totally deserved the win.

Cracking strike for Motherwell's equaliser, and it was end to end from 2-2 to 4-2. We were the better side from 0-1 to 2-1.

Morrison is a cracking wee player - no composure in front of goal, but great wide - he was understandably knackered after his shift.

Dunne, Haring, Lee and the front two were all excellent.

Willie Collum can go and f**k himself.

How the f**k was Amankwa playing, btw? :lol:

1 hour ago, MJC said:

I'm not interested in how Hearts played, or what the two clubs respective budgets are, I am concerned only with our own performance and we were awful tonight. Clueless, gormless and had unforced errors all over the place. That's nothing to do with the budget, that is just basic, basic stuff.

I take nothing away from Hearts, they played well and thoroughly deserved their win, but from our point of view, we were disgraceful and that deserves to be highlighted.

Not caring about a team that have only lost at home to Celtic in the past 16 months or how they played. That is what marks your posts put as utter garbage. 

Sure we were not great 2nd half but for 90% of the game we were still in it v a much better team. f**k knows what you want or expect. 

Hearts were v good 2nd half. Sprayed the ball about and well deserved the win. But as I have said before their wages budget dwarfs ours and only a halfwit will believe that hs nothing to do with how our team perform.  Any halfwits out there ? Probably on the Rangers forum sucking boaby. 

That was incredible. I'm still buzzing and I've been home an hour. Some of the raging Motherwell fans down the front were comical and the "you've got chlamydia" chant to one girl in particular was hilarious until she started crying  (I think) and then I just felt bad for her.

22 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not caring about a team that have only lost at home to Celtic in the past 16 months or how they played. That is what marks your posts put as utter garbage. 

Sure we were not great 2nd half but for 90% of the game we were still in it v a much better team. f**k knows what you want or expect. 

Hearts were v good 2nd half. Sprayed the ball about and well deserved the win. But as I have said before their wages budget dwarfs ours and only a halfwit will believe that hs nothing to do with how our team perform.  Any halfwits out there ? Probably on the Rangers forum sucking boaby. 

The difference in wage budget didnt cause Bigirimana to ridiculously give away the first goal.

The difference in wage budget didnt cause Robinson to start an unfit Curtis Main in favour of the one player in our side who carries any attacking threat and leave him on for the entire game despite him being way off the pace by half time.

The difference in wage budget isn't the reason for our backline being in utter panic mode for the entire second half, hoofing the ball any which way and gifting possession back time and time again.

If you want to bury your head in the sand and console yourself that "the side with the bigger budget won so so there's no shame" then batter in, I hope it keeps you warm at night. I however prefer to call a spade a spade and from what I saw of MY team tonight, we were poor, just as we have been for some time now.

Just watched the highlights. Bowman’s and hearts’ third goal were both quality. Our defending for goals 1,2 and 4 was total shite.

I can’t believe people in our media including Faddy think Kipre was a bomb scare. Mental. We miss him and Dunne badly.

49 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Just watched the highlights. Bowman’s and hearts’ third goal were both quality. Our defending for goals 1,2 and 4 was total shite.

I can’t believe people in our media including Faddy think Kipre was a bomb scare. Mental. We miss him and Dunne badly.

Great hit from Bowman, he almost has to hit it there as well or Dunne woul've got back goalside if he took a touch. Our 3rd was tremendous, great pass from Clevid, then good vision from Haring and Smith before a tidy finish from Lee.  

Think you are being a wee bit harsh on the defending for the 4th, you had a corner and had to commit men at that point and we've suckered you.  

The Motherwell penalty was incredibly soft as well IMO, Dunne never had a clue what was going on, no way it's deliberate.

If he’s capable of doing that on purpose he should take up goalkeeping.

With that and the own goal against st Mirren he’s had his share of bad luck

Firstly - thought it was a proper cup tie last night, good atmosphere and plenty of stuff on the field - the type of game that is the most satisfying to win and the biggest kick in the baws when you lose.

My expectations were rock bottom before the game, as I guess was the case with most 'Well fans - so the bonus penalty got everyone going and created a wee bit of belief. It wouldn't be too harsh to say that it's about the only shot Curtis has had on target this season - but he took it well. I think after that, we did look reminiscent of the team that played last season and Hearts didn't look very comfortable and crucially, weren't able to dominate midfield as we got stuck in.

Then followed 2 things that we have been showing a worrying propensity for recently; firstly, fucking inexplicable clown shoe defending (from Bigi this week) to gift the opposition a goal. That visibly knocked the stuffing out of us and had the opposite effect on Hearts - and was possibly the pivotal moment in the game. Secondly, there has been a pattern where we simply don't start again in the 2nd half and hand the initiative to the other team. We were doing it often last season and I think it is getting worse.

Given that we were in full hot potato mode for the 2nd half and had practically no possession as a result - Bowman's cracker was totally out of the blue and cruelly gave us a bit of hope again. To be fair, the winner was a cracking goal and not one that anyone can really be blamed for - the 4th was an irrelevance as we chucked everyone forward.

Getting knocked out in a QF at Tynecastle is never going to be a surprise or unacceptable - but seemingly sound performances being undermined by simple lapses of concentration is something that needs stamped on urgently.

Aye, big Dik's pass to start the move for the third was fantastic, as was the interplay between Haring and Smith, and then Lee's finish.

Very impressive display from Morrison last night. Another good winger through the academy to give us more depth and options. Looks like he has far more fight about him that the likes of Walker and Nicholson had. Needs to work on his finishing, though, as he should have made it 3-1, and he missed that chance against Dunfermline in the last round too.

Not sure how Dunne could do anything for the penalty decision, yet it seemed like there was no protests from him or teammates. Strange one.

How good are late breakaway goals to seal games like that, by the way? Bedlam. neville.png

I went into this with very low expectations other than a good night out, to my surprise I actually fair enjoyed the game as well in the end. 

Was some hit by Bowman and some bounce afterwards, did not see that coming to be honest. Unlike Hearts winner which was entirely predictable and in keeping with the way we’ve been defending this season.

Felt we played well first half, rid our luck a few times but it was pretty end to end stuff. To let Hearts back into right before half time was absolutely criminal though, Zak Jules levels of defending from Bigi. Second half was one way traffic and in truth Hearts should have finished us off long before Bowman scored with our first(only?) effort of the 2nd half. From then on though extra time was the least we should have gotten out of it but once again we switched off at the back.

Can’t fault the team for heart or effort but our defending is amateurish at the minute and our attack still looks fairly one dimensional. Who didn’t see Frear coming on as first sub as soon as Hearts inevitable 2nd went in? Hard to be too upset as we were beaten by the better side on the night but we didn’t half give them a helping hand along the way with some proper keystone cops defending and that’s the part that rankles.

Archived