The Correct punishment ??

DanMan

31 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

If I as a fan went to a match and was found to be guilty of homophobic or racist chanting I would banned from the ground for a period of time or indeed life .
So for me players are no different and they know exactly what they are saying and why that are saying it so I would be handing out at least a years ban for either offence as a severe punishment will rid it out the game completely

People at old firm games have ended up in court due to racist chants or actions so what is the difference?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People at old firm games have ended up in court due to racist chants or actions so what is the difference?
Absolutely just because it's junior football it does not mean you can behaviour like an arsehole and be immune from punishment and prosecution.
I don't buy that lack of education nonsense either as I'm not educated to any high standard but I know the difference from right and wrong and that type of behaviour is most definitely wrong .

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Out of interest what game was this? Is there any footage/corroborating accounts?

It was Rossvale v Kello. Linesman flagged, called over the ref. The ref then called the Kello captain and the player and produced the red card.

55 minutes ago, DanMan said:

It was Rossvale v Kello. Linesman flagged, called over the ref. The ref then called the Kello captain and the player and produced the red card.

Hope you are very sure of your facts now you have indentified the game, and in effect the player in question

10 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Rossvale fans and facts are not the best of bedfellows emoji23.png

Jeez oh Chris. Aye alright he got sent off for handball. Serious points being made, but you choose again to return to your obsession. You just cant help yourself at times

22 minutes ago, Kilsyth Gers said:

Ok glad to hear it!h

What was the red card for in that case?

The red was for the Homophobic rant heard by the linesman.  Who summoned the ref, who in turn summoned the captain and the player and showed the card

Why a three game ban? Despite the nature of it does it not still just come under foul and abusive language? The merits of a longer ban I don’t dispute but there is a punishment structure in place and I’m wondering if there is a mechanism in place to have the punishment more reflect the nature of the offence.

36 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Free to be as hateful as you like? 

Judging by your previous posts, I could have predicted that response from you, Shanner. 

Although it flies in the face of your “anyone who shows any sympathy is empty headed” approach, you’re very wide of the mark there. 

My point is that it is now at the stage, in the UK at least, where any comment on the issue of homosexuality, which isn’t draped in a rainbow coloured flag, is castigated to the back of beyond.

This has nothing to do with what happened in the OP but it will be taken that way.

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Judging by your previous posts, I could have predicted that response from you, Shanner. 

Although it flies in the face of your “anyone who shows any sympathy is empty headed” approach, you’re very wide of the mark there. 

My point is that it is now at the stage, in the UK at least, where any comment on the issue of homosexuality, which isn’t draped in a rainbow coloured flag, is castigated to the back of beyond.

This has nothing to do with what happened in the OP but it will be taken that way.

Thing is, it isn’t an “issue”. Or at least it shouldn’t be.

All the legislation in the world won’t prevent people who have a problem with it still thinking the way they do…and it would appear some will unfortunately continue to do so regardless .

What it will do is force them to  think twice and hopefully keep their traps shut when they want to spout some retrograde pish regarding something that’s essentially none of their business, which can only be a good thing.

39 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Cryptic to the point of being incomprehensible and bizarre use of quotes given that I didn't say the words you're attributing to me. 

Should Junior football be a platform for saying whatever you like regardless of how much offence it causes? I seem to remember you tut tutting on numerous occasions about foul language from fans at junior matches. 

In today’s society you’re frowned upon if you don’t accept these homosexuals, It’s a disgrace .
The offence for the player should be the same as it is for foul and abusive language unless there’s a rule I don’t know about, that’s if that’s what he’s guilty of saying

Given that it was a game between Rossvale and Kello, I doubt very much if the perpetrator knew the victim at all never mind his sexuality. Is this just not a case of some ill chosen words directed at a player who has perhaps, or at least in the mind of the perpetrator, fallen over in a dramatic fashion to gain a free kick. ie, "Ah never touched ye, ya fairy". Or such like. Maybe a wee bit stronger but perhaps not the 'homophobic rant' that's being implied.

Archived