Ayr vs Dunfermline

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think our main weakness could be being left exposed on the counter cause Dunfermline have got serious pace.

Would say our fastest defender is Harvie who'll be suspended.

Our attacking threat can be lethal and, we have many players that can finish too. 

If we bring the performance we displayed against Hearts you could find yourselves in serious trouble. 

This Pars team is improving each game and will give every team in this league a bloody good hiding if they don't bring their best performance. 

This game will be a tasty affair in Saturday and, I'm confident we have the ability to take all three points back to Fife. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr off to a cracking start and need to pick up as many points as possible before Shankland heads off in January. If season ambitions are to be fulfilled then we should really be looking at beating Ayr Utd.

They are probably the form side and the momentum and self confidence they currently have means that realistically a draw wouldn't be too bad a result.

1 minute ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Ayr off to a cracking start and need to pick up as many points as possible before Shankland heads off in January. If season ambitions are to be fulfilled then we should really be looking at beating Ayr Utd.

They are probably the form side and the momentum and self confidence they currently have means that realistically a draw wouldn't be too bad a result.

I think both teams would happily take a draw while striving for a win, I think it will be a cracking game with plenty of goals, just a pity both didn't win their last league game as that would have hyped the game big time.

Doubt he’ll go in January but whatever.

Harvie will be a big miss but I’m confident we will give any team in this league a run for their money right now. The danger for Dunfermline is if they give Shankland too much attention then that’ll allow Moffat to run riot.

In fairness we do owe Dunfermline a big thank you for sending Moffat back a far better player than he was when he left, granted he's not as prolific In front of goals he once was but his all round play and the amount of chances and assists he makes is fantastic.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

In fairness we do owe Dunfermline a big thank you for sending Moffat back a far better player than he was when he left, granted he's not as prolific In front of goals he once was but his all round play and the amount of chances and assists he makes is fantastic.

A player's player. Very much missed.

I'd have liked to have seen a Moffat and Faissal partnership in this division.  Shankland wouldn't be as prolific without him.

Just now, ShaggysBeard said:

I'd have liked to have seen a Moffat and Faissal partnership in this division.  Shankland wouldn't be as prolific without him.

I don't think Moffat would look as good without Shankland either, they seem to have a very good understanding of what each other will do and where they'll be.

55 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Does every team not need one of them? The big farmer has his limitations but he does the simple stuff well and we have Rose who is maturing into a really classy ball playing centre back to do the fancy stuff, good to see the pars fans underestimating us just like Morton, Thistle x 2 and Dundee have so far, we have momentum and in a lot of ways are still riding the crest of emotion from winning the league in such a dramatic way last season, can't wait for this game hoping for 3000+ and a cracking game.  

I just responded to someone claiming he was the best player in the league.

You are right every team needs a destroyer but I remember him from league one when he looked a severely limited footballer who went around kicking people.

Your right Shankland getting all the headlines but without Moffat he wouldn't get half the chances, we have tried Moore and Shankland and it just doesn't work

I just responded to someone claiming he was the best player in the league.
You are right every team needs a destroyer but I remember him from league one when he looked a severely limited footballer who went around kicking people.
I think he's another one that McCall is getting the absolute best out of, at CM I think he will be found out but at CB he's winning every header and flinging his body at everything some times you just need that no fucks given commitment.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Moffat is a footballing genius I don't know why he hasn't played in the SPL?

He seems to lack confidence to score lots of goals but as a link up player I haven't seen many better in Scotland. I really mean that.

The day I met him while I was going out of the gym and he was coming in and shouted "THE MOFF IS ON FIRE" was one of the best days of my life.

If we're happy settling for a draw against Ayr, then we're not going to seriously challenge for the title. Yes, Ayr are off to great start and pose threats, but overall we are a far better side and should be aiming to win. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we're happy settling for a draw against Ayr, then we're not going to seriously challenge for the title. Yes, Ayr are off to great start and pose threats, but overall we are a far better side and should be aiming to win. 

I would mirror that comment, except I'd say that Ayr are a far better side and we should certainly be looking to win this at home.

People still haven't woken up to the fact that we're a very good side and are still seeing the, "oh, they just came up from League 1, so they aren't up to much" ......

Maybe this is a good thing for us as we're being underestimated or maybe we were just really lucky against Partick 2 weeks running and then maybe our luck held out as we drew 0-0 away to Inverness with only 10 men for over an hour and of course we must have met Dundee on a terrible off day for them and were obviously "lucky" to rout them 3-0 away and of course the fact we've dominated these matches also counts for nothing.

Roll on Saturday, is all I'm saying..................

16 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I think Moffat is a perfectly good player and plays the neat balls that pacey strikers love so you won't need Moff to run around like a daftie he will play killer balls for Shankland to run on to and at the moment Shankland is burying just about every chance he gets. I would agree that the defense looks like it could be caught however they kept a clean sheet against Dundee admittedly down 9 men eventually and their young keeper is untested at this level, it will be an interesting game 

That's nonsense though, Shankland has in fact missed a host of decent chances over the past few games, however we're creating so much with our link up play through Forrest, Moffat, Murdoch,Crawford & McDaid that we're always going to score and against anyone.

As for "Dundee down to 9 men", they were both sent off late on and the game was already gone for them by that time, over and above that, we played them off the park as was also admitted by their Manager.

As also mentioned earlier, we have the Scotland U21 keeper, LB & RB and Rose has also developed into a top player.

All I'd say is, underestimate this Ayr team at your peril................

Getting Deja Vu here, while I don't think Ayr will crash and burn quite hilariously as what they have done in there past championship campaigns it's almost like they suffer from a collective memory loss each time, wild. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Getting Deja Vu here, while I don't think Ayr will crash and burn quite hilariously as what they have done in there past championship campaigns it's almost like they suffer from a collective memory loss each time, wild. 

Collective memory loss, this Ayr team are far removed from the teams of the past and we've got the best striker in the league bar none.

This would have any relevance if people were getting carried away with themselves. We know how good the team is and based off of results from other teams so far this season there’s no reason to fear any other team in the league. Ross County are maybe the exception as I expect them to run away with the league.

Dunfermline are a good team, but I don’t see a huge gulf in class between them and Ayr.

Archived