Ayr vs Dunfermline

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

This threads off to a flyer

As much as Dunfermline fans will try to tell you Adams is shite he’s probably been our most consistent player in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

He was dreadful at this level last time Ayr were up. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Was Jamie not doing some class shithousing?  You bring this up all the time, like a constant post about it every time you appear so I presume you can talk through every second of the incident.  

I bring it up all the time because it's absolutely laughable that Ayr fans try to paint Adams as this double hard player and he gets put on his arse on a fairly regular occurance, was there not an incident last year where he pathetically dived against Raith?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I bring it up all the time because it's absolutely laughable that Ayr fans try to paint Adams as this double hard player and he gets put on his arse on a fairly regular occurance, was there not an incident last year where he pathetically dived against Raith?

He wasn't dreadful the last time we were up. He was injured a lot but when he actually played he did ok. 

And no one claims that he is a hard man. Not seriously anyway. He is a complete shithouser who spends his time running about clattering into players and occasionally winding them up enough that they get sent off. He's the only member of our squad that is still part time and yet he is arguably one of our most important players.  

As a midfielder he is probably out of his depth in midfield now in the Championship but for a big farmer he can read the game very well and his tackling is good enough for him to comfortably play as a centre half.  

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Both teams have every right to be confident. If Beadling is fit, then he comes straight in to man-mark Shankland out the game. 

Oh, and Fais absolutely hates a goal against Ayr. 2-0 Pars. 

Hates a goal against Ayr?!

He loves a goal against them.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Would've loved to go to this one. Great away day, some good bars in Ayr.

Next time lad!

I have the fear for this one. McCall not even dropping the “we’ve got the best players” line.

They are über confident and flying high at the moment, the on paper stuff matters not one iota.

In saying that if Ayr have the off game they are due and we put in a proper shift like the Hearts game it could be 0-4.

Probably 1-1 with neither team too disappointed nor pleased.

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He wasn't dreadful the last time we were up. He was injured a lot but when he actually played he did ok. 

He was absolutely w**k, which is probably why over the off season last year you had Ayr fans comfortable with the idea of letting him go, mainly playing in centre defence this time might be different. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Found a video

Check out @itzdrk’s Tweet:

He dived his wee heart out that day and it was excellent.  

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He was absolutely w**k, which is probably why over the off season last year you had Ayr fans comfortable with the idea of letting him go, mainly playing in centre defence this time might be different. 

You can't say he was shite based off of 3 games against your lot in a season. There were many Ayr fans who would've been ok with letting him go but that was mainly due to the fact that the two previous seasons he had a lot of injury problems so people weren't sure if there was much point in keeping him around. Strangely enough he was injury free last season apart from missing a few weeks after Ross Perry broke his nose and fractured his cheekbone and eye socket. 

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can't say he was shite based off of 3 games against your lot in a season. There were many Ayr fans who would've been ok with letting him go but that was mainly due to the fact that the two previous seasons he had a lot of injury problems so people weren't sure if there was much point in keeping him around. Strangely enough he was injury free last season apart from missing a few weeks after Ross Perry broke his nose and fractured his cheekbone and eye socket. 

I was basing it off the games against us he looked shite and the opinions of the Ayr fans on here that he was shite, from what I read people weren't sure if there was much use keeping him on because he hadn't been very good at football in the past year. 

Just wathced the Dunfermline v Hearts highlights and that is a performance from a championship team which is a fair bit ahead of what i've seen from anyone else, after seeing the way you guys played on Saturday i'll take a point next weekend!

Btw can't believe you never beat Hearts with that performance.

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just wathced the Dunfermline v Hearts highlights and that is a performance from a championship team which is a fair bit ahead of what i've seen from anyone else, after seeing the way you guys played on Saturday i'll take a point next weekend!

They missed a hell of a lot of sitters thats why. El Bakhtaoui is still as good as I remember but that chance at the end is as good as you'll get. Probably didn't expect it tbf.  

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They missed a hell of a lot of sitters thats why. El Bakhtaoui is still as good as I remember but that chance at the end is as good as you'll get. Probably didn't expect it tbf.  

The ball shooting back out at knee height makes the chance ten times harder than it looks, was gutted. 

47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Doubtful we'll reach those levels this Saturday though, will be very hard to replicate it. With Ayr being as good as they have been we need to play better than what we did against County. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The ball shooting back out at knee height makes the chance ten times harder than it looks, was gutted. 

It is harder and it's not a simple tap in however I've seen him bury far harder chances than than. One right in front of me at the Somerset Road End springs to mind. 

Got to take Ayr seriously here. Every week I’m looking at their results and they keep surprising me.

Shankland, by all accounts, is a completely different player. He’s fit and got a point to prove. I think lack of squad depth could be an issue as the season goes on, but they’re flying high just now.

It’s winnable, but it won’t be easy. For me, it all depends on whether we can get El Bakhtaoui and Hippolyte to ‘click’ as a partnership - unless we give Ryan the chance he deserves. So far, the current partnership hasn’t provided enough of a threat for me, but it may come good with time. Just don’t know how much longer we can give them, without giving Ryan a shot.

Craigen has been an excellent player this season. Completely transformed. Did well at wing back v Dundee United and then did an outstanding job at man-marking Naismith on Saturday. Would expect him to keep playing the deeper role, which gave the wing backs a lot more freedom and less defensive responsibilities.

We all know that Moffat provides a real threat, when played alongside a goal scorer like Shankland. His clever movement could cause problems, particularly if we focus too much on stopping Shankland.

Adams is a big hatchet man donkey.

Does every team not need one of them? The big farmer has his limitations but he does the simple stuff well and we have Rose who is maturing into a really classy ball playing centre back to do the fancy stuff, good to see the pars fans underestimating us just like Morton, Thistle x 2 and Dundee have so far, we have momentum and in a lot of ways are still riding the crest of emotion from winning the league in such a dramatic way last season, can't wait for this game hoping for 3000+ and a cracking game.  

Archived